My new fanfic, help needed.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

My new fanfic, help needed.

Post by Gandalf »

I've decided to start writing a fanfic featuring a bountry hunter chasing a Jedi or someone else of importance aroud the Trek universe. I have a few questions for anyone willing to help.

1. What would be a good era to do it in?, I was thinking DS9 era Trek, for Dominion War goodness.

2. How hard is Mandalorian armor to get?

3. Any suggestions on how they could get there? (Wormhole seems so random)

Thanks.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

1. as good a time as any

2. Very to immpossible

3. hyperdrive accident?
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

1. Don't pick an era that's too busy unless you can handle it. Dominion-DS9 era if you can, Mid-TNG era if you can't.

2. Quite difficult...

3. Prison ship that keeps convicts frozen in carbonite goes haywire; living crew killed somehow (environmental concerns, bridge sheared off, etc) and ship continues on original trajectory (through hyperspace, if you want) to some other galaxy.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Thanks everyone, thats been quite helpful.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

Some elaborations on Dalton's ideas, if I may:
Dalton wrote:1. Don't pick an era that's too busy unless you can handle it. Dominion-DS9 era if you can, Mid-TNG era if you can't.
I would suggest Pre-TNG, maybe Cardassian War era. We don't really know how widespread or isolated that conflict was, which means you can pretty much select the level of war action you need for the purposes of your story. Just be sure to research the window-dressing of the era, otherwise you may end up with minor gaffes.
2. Quite difficult...
Since I have no idea what Mandalorian armor is... yeah. What D said.
3. Prison ship that keeps convicts frozen in carbonite goes haywire; living crew killed somehow (environmental concerns, bridge sheared off, etc) and ship continues on original trajectory (through hyperspace, if you want) to some other galaxy.
This is an excellent idea; depending on how you want it to run, though, you'll have to devise a way for their rescuers to thaw them. You also want to make sure that they're awakened in such a way that they don't meet immediately. Basically, do whatever you can to logically forestall Showdown until Act 3, or you'll have a very short story.

My suggestion would be to have the Cardies discover the transport (we don't know what kind of cryo-tech they've got, so they might have an answer to the cardonite.) Then have a Feddie cruiser discover the damaged ship and the human lifesigns, and try to "rescue" the bounty hunter, while the Jedi tries to make a run for it.