Star Trek: For the Glory of the Empire: Updated 3-7-05

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Star Trek: For the Glory of the Empire: Updated 3-7-05

Post by DarkSilver »

Prologue

Stardate 63982.4
Julian Date: December 25, 2385

William Riker watched the massacre as it played out before him on the view screen. Over a million kilometers away, a group of two hundred Starfleet ships unleashed their firepower against the dagger shaped behemoth. If it wasn’t for the Titan’s sensors and view screen magnification, he would not be able to even witness this.

The fact that it was a massacre didn’t help the fact he was watching it.

“The enemy ship is breaking through the defensive line, 75% of the defense force is destroyed or crippled.”

Riker closed his eyes as the news was given to him, 75% of those ships destroyed or crippled. Who knows how much life was lost, “Status on the enemy ship?”

“Receiving sensor data from the USS Babington, it barely took a scratch, shields are still holding stable.”

“Looks like it didn’t break a sweat even getting past them.” Riker settled back in his chair, his face stern, “Red Alert, all hands to battle stations”

As the klaxons sounded, Riker let himself drift away for a moment, finding the calm center of his mind. Panicking in the middle of an assault wouldn’t be intelligent; the enemy ship was big, strong, and powerful. It had to have a weakness.

“Enemy ship is within weapons range.”

Riker’s eyes snapped open, his face set as he leaned forward, “Helm set course….”

He stopped in mid sentence as a wall of brilliant green fire poured at the defense line from the enemy ship. The Titan shook once as the first bolt impacted with the shields. Consoles exploded and support beams fell from the ceiling, crushing the Helm and Tactical stations in a moment.

Smoke filled the bridge, as William Riker rose from the floor, blood covering half his face, eyes transfixed on the enemy ship, who still now poured a wall of green death into them. Starships spun out of control with the impacts, hulls rupturing and engine cores exploding under hell storm of energy the ship was unleashing.

“I wish I was back on the Enterprise…” was Riker’s last words, as the Titan was consumed by a stray bolt of green death.

“The Enemy Fleet has been dispatched Admiral”

Admiral Qua’lin Jonz watched the destruction through the view port. It was oddly satisfying; these Federation starships were no match for the might of his ship, of his weapons. They buckled so easily. Hands clasped behind him, Jonz turned from the scene, his attention now focused upon the grey uniformed crewman before him.

“This entire mission has turned out to be nothing more than an exercise in extermination….Are we within range?”

The crewman nodded his assent, “Aye Admiral. Well within range, 500,000 kilometers and closing with each second. The superlaser is primed for firing, and target is locked on the third planet, the one known as Earth.”

Jonz smile was supreme as he turned back to the window, the blue and white globe hung in space before him, thirty million kilometers away, and various groups of Star Fleet ships, invisible to the naked eye if not for the massive mounts of them, hung in defense positions.

“Does the planet have any defenses, other than the ships?”

“Only a primitive planetary shield system, Admiral, one shot and it will collapse, a second, and our objective shall be complete.”

“Excellent. Open fire whenever the fire-crew is ready”

The crewman bowed before the Admiral, and moved to relay the order.

The Federation ships moved forward, impulse engines flaring to life as the Epsilon Defense Perimeter was eliminated before the first shot could be fired. Federation phasers and quantum torpedoes transversed the distances, striking the shields of the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer. They were ignored, as all power was channeled into the superlaser.

The one act of desperation saved hundreds of thousands of lives, and left billions to their faith, as the superlaser was fired. The dark hull of the Star Destroyer was light up, as the green energy beam sliced through the cold depths of space, crumpling the planet’s defensive shields. Federation ships not quick enough to clear the field of fire were eliminated in the initial outburst, as Earth’s shields held.

Upon the planet’s surface, the populace watched as the planetary shield, invisible under normal circumstances, became horrible opaque. The Stars and moon were blocked out for a moment. Cheers rose up from the civilians, as they believed the shield had held.

They never had the chance to realize how wrong they where, as the Imperial Command Ship fired its weapon a second time. The shields had crumpled after the first, initial burst, and nothing was left to protect the populace.

When the first beam had been fired, Starfleet had retreated, realizing nothing they could do would stop it. The entire remaining fleet watched in horror as the super laser tore into the planet. Atmosphere heated and thinned with the passage of the beam, the crust at the site of impact glowed first ed, then brilliant white, as it melted, constantly expanding. Massive cracks formed throughout the surface, where it was visible through the remaining clouds. The planet would never recover from the damage, all knew it instantly. Earth was in her death throes.

“Cease fire.”

Admiral Jonz’ orders were relayed through the intercom, and the superlaser was disengaged. He watched in supreme delight, as the planet continued in its death throes, even as his ship continued to advance towards it…

It had been a suicide mission, he knew. There was only enough Hypermatter left in the reactors to empower this one final mission, this one last act to spite their opponents. He and the skeleton crew onboard would pilot this ultimate weapon, one of two left to their small group, and annihilate their enemy’s most treasured world. It was done, and his crew would be remembered for their act.

“Abandon ship.”

Jonz gave the final order, as he remained motionless on the bridge of the ship. He would not abandon, he would remain, and watch as his ship plunged into the heart of the ruined planet below, and took her from the death throes, into final rest.

Crew members rushed from the bridge, to the escape pods and shuttles left on the ship. Seconds passed by, and he watched the dying planet fill his view port. The air on the bridge became noticeably warmer as the massive ship began to enter the atmosphere, its ion engines pushing it through with greater speed than gravity alone would allow.

Clouds rushed by, as the ship plunged into the Earth, as Jonz snapped into a formal salute, the proud words leaving his lips, “For the Glory of the Empire”, before he became a bloody smear on the aft bulkhead.

----- ----- -----

Comments? Suggestions?

I know it's a bit...hard to follow. This is basically just the setup for the real story. It will get better when I go into the actual first chapter, which will be a week or two, depending on reactions to this.

I leave myself at your mercy, gentle SD.Netizens....

Story idea originated with the "Tech Understanding" thread in the SWvST forum, which can be seen here
Last edited by DarkSilver on 2005-03-08 04:23am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Admiral Bravo
Padawan Learner

Post by Admiral Bravo »

This is pretty good. I look forword to the next chapter.
"Just once I'd like to destroy a starship that we did'nt pay for!"- Imperial Admiral Hurkk at the Battle of Oovo IV

"Whats the last thing to go through an Imperial scout troopers head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."- joke told by rebel forces on Endor.

Duken
Youngling

Post by Duken »

Nice. I'm looking forward to the next chapter too.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

One question. Are you giving the Federation worlds shields just to even it up? Because planetary scale shielding is not anything Feds use too often mind you.

And I don't see why, given the technical advantage that a Sovereign class Star destroyer needed to be sacrificed. It doesn't make any sense, those ships are large and costly. I would think they could be put to better use in ways other than suicide missions. Hell given the strength and hyperspace capability of the Sovereign SSD why would it need to be sacrificed for the mission? Jump in, fire the gun, jump out. Its a nice dramatic scene to have it be destroyed but it doesn't make sense (to me anyway.)

Just for kicks consider, if you're giving the Empire Sovereign class SSDs would it not seem more ominous to have a the SovSSD or maybe even an Eclipse class jump into the system and smash the federation defense force, smashing everythhing in its path?

Also the power of the SSD based superlasers isn't as much as that of the death star, its just going to crack the crust , wrecking hte planet making it uninhabitable but not necessairily giving it an Alderaan style explosion.

If i'm wrong on anything lemme know tho.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Darth Fanboy wrote:One question. Are you giving the Federation worlds shields just to even it up? Because planetary scale shielding is not anything Feds use too often mind you.
It's a reason the Imperials say it's a "primitive planetary shield". Consider this one of the few times they would use a Planetary shield. Just use suspension of disbeleif for this part, as the rest of the story will fill in some of the massive gap I've given you.

Darth Fanboy wrote: And I don't see why, given the technical advantage that a Sovereign class Star destroyer needed to be sacrificed. It doesn't make any sense, those ships are large and costly. I would think they could be put to better use in ways other than suicide missions. Hell given the strength and hyperspace capability of the Sovereign SSD why would it need to be sacrificed for the mission? Jump in, fire the gun, jump out. Its a nice dramatic scene to have it be destroyed but it doesn't make sense (to me anyway.)
That's what I sacrifice when I attempt to let the reader have a good bit to intuite. The SSD didn't have enough fuel to get home...pointed out in this line:
Star Trek: For the Glory of the Empire wrote:There was only enough Hypermatter left in the reactors to empower this one final mission, this one last act to spite their opponents
The Sovereign was was one it's last drop of fuel, just enough to fire the superlaser, at reduced capacity, once or twice, and that's it. Not even enough to make it back to Imperial controlled space after. A friend of mines suggested just letting the Sovereign remain in orbit of the desolate Earth after the fact...but I thought this would make a killing point having 17 kilometers of ultra dense metal impact into a planet already dying...
Darth Fanboy wrote:Just for kicks consider, if you're giving the Empire Sovereign class SSDs would it not seem more ominous to have a the SovSSD or maybe even an Eclipse class jump into the system and smash the federation defense force, smashing everythhing in its path?
Yes...it would have been more ominous...but then Riker may have gotten away... :twisted: :twisted: and I couldn't have that....now could I? How could I not let my hatred of William Thomas Riker be heeded....call it author's perogative.

And I'm not giving the Empire fleets of Sovereign class SSD's, they only have two. Well..now one, but you get the idea. I'm also just showing you one of, if not the, last major battle of the war, the actual destruction of Earth, which sets up for the next chapter.

Btw, who says the Imperial's just didn't ram thier ships into the smaller Federation ships during the early parts of the war?

Perhaps after more of the backstory is known..someone else will want to fill in the gap...

Darth Fanboy wrote:Also the power of the SSD based superlasers isn't as much as that of the death star, its just going to crack the crust , wrecking hte planet making it uninhabitable but not necessairily giving it an Alderaan style explosion.
Yeah, thats the problem I came across. I wasn't positive on the amount of destruction the superlaser would cause. But I knew I wanted Earth to be devoid of life after the fact. I don't beleive I blew up the Earth with the superlaser, but I did damage the hell out of it, and what didn't get killed destroyed by the blast, I'm pretty sure a the coming Ice Age caused by the impact of 15 kilometers of ultra dense metal into a dry oceanbed will take care of rather neatly....
Darth Fanboy wrote:If i'm wrong on anything lemme know tho.
Not wrong, per say, it's just didn't give you enough information yet to know what's going on.....

Any other questions or comments, please feel free to ask or tell me....

I'm working on Chapter one as we speak...

**Fixed a Quote Tag....
Last edited by DarkSilver on 2005-03-02 03:19am, edited 1 time in total.
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Not bad at all, I await the next chapter. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Nice, like it :) Esspecialy after reading "Tech Understanding" thread.

I have one question (I'm spacebattler now, here just for ff's, so have not searched vs thread for answer :)): 2385 it's somewere around adm. Janeway going back in time to bring Voyager home. So: transphasics and bat-armour will be there. Why Fed's are not using them? I dont know if they will do any good, but still are more powerfull and sophisticated then quantums and photons.

Of, one more thing. It's good thing, that you killed Riker. Excelent. But it will be better if you kill Wesley :)
[quote:c986e33691]Comparing and basing weapons strengths based on movie special effects isn't an accurate way of judging firepower. Simply because those effects are the results of what the producers and directors want to see on screen.[/quote:c986e33691]
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Darth Fanboy wrote:One question. Are you giving the Federation worlds shields just to even it up? Because planetary scale shielding is not anything Feds use too often mind you.
Earth is stated to have planetary shields in Rodenberry's Star Trek TMP novel.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Myrmidon
Redshirt

Post by Myrmidon »

Your writing is good, but I never understood why so many ST-SW crossover fanfic writers have the Empire desirous of destroying Earth. It makes no political sense. Only a total fool would even consider it. Even too much destruction of Starfleet would be bad. You make a demonstration, not an extermination. Then you obliterate the closest aliens to underscore your point.

Earth is a human world, and the natural place to locate the sector capitol of the new Imperial provence. Simply change the government, kill or exile anyone who objects, reorganize the industrial base to serve the Empire's local needs and start recruiting your native cannon fodder for the push against the rest of the galaxy. By taking Earth, you automatically take control of every Human colony by taking control of its commercial hub. All destroying Earth gets you is a trillion new Rebels.
myrmidon \MUR-muh-don; -dun\, noun:
1. [Capitalized] A member of a warlike Thessalian people who followed Achilles on the expedition against Troy.
2. A loyal follower, especially one who executes orders without question, protest, or pity.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Myrmidon wrote:Your writing is good, but I never understood why so many ST-SW crossover fanfic writers have the Empire desirous of destroying Earth. It makes no political sense. Only a total fool would even consider it. Even too much destruction of Starfleet would be bad. You make a demonstration, not an extermination. Then you obliterate the closest aliens to underscore your point.

Earth is a human world, and the natural place to locate the sector capitol of the new Imperial provence. Simply change the government, kill or exile anyone who objects, reorganize the industrial base to serve the Empire's local needs and start recruiting your native cannon fodder for the push against the rest of the galaxy. By taking Earth, you automatically take control of every Human colony by taking control of its commercial hub. All destroying Earth gets you is a trillion new Rebels.
Your assuming the war ended with a victory for the Empire......

then again, by me saying that, your going to assume that the Federation won the war...

Things aren't so clear cut, especially when all you see is the destruction of one planet. I've given some very vague hints in the prologue of what happened, you'll just have to wait to see what occurs...
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

I like it. Lookin forward for more!
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

YAY! Down with Riker...!

That is like me killing of Neelix in my fan fic... I liked neelix, but he just didn't fit in. :)

On a note tho, You may want to make it more clear that this has been a war going on. I honestly did not realize that until I read the other posts in this thread. Other then that... its pretty good... :)

To Kruk: While in the canon trek universe the federation does posses(sp) transphasic torpedos, it is possible that he is not using that aspect of it. If you think about it, Voyager returned home prior to the events of Strek Trek: Nemesis, but the Enterprise doesn't have transphasic weapons either.
Admiral Cross|USS-Executive
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

I was just asking. And it's one thing to refit a starship (I know, it was weasy on Voyager, but it was homework not real refit) when there is no need for it, and other to do so when you have big ship trying to conquer you, and your weapons are not working.
[quote:c986e33691]Comparing and basing weapons strengths based on movie special effects isn't an accurate way of judging firepower. Simply because those effects are the results of what the producers and directors want to see on screen.[/quote:c986e33691]
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Chapter One

The bulk of the Sovereign Class-Star Destroyer began to glow with the heat caused by atmospheric re-entry. The planet below was devastated, clouds mere wisps in, most of the seas already evaporated, and molten lava visible in massive jagged cracks.

The fleet of Starfleet vessels watched impotently as the fifteen kilometer vessel disappeared into the planet, being replaced moments later by a massive fireball. Nothing could be done, every crewmember from the lowliest petty officer to the Admirals and Captains onboard their ships knew Earth was destroyed. There would be no going home to ones family planet side, only death remained.

The subspace radio frequencies were filled with messages between the various ships, incoherent messages crossing each other, drowning each other out in attempts to get through. Finally, one voice overpowered the rest, and subspace traffic ceased, as it spoke.

“All ships in the fleet, this is Admiral Bateson. Begin rescue operations. Let’s get as many survivors off the planet as possible.”

Geordie cracked a smile as the voice of the Bulldog Bateson played over the speaker. He had forgotten the man was at the Terra Mortis, as the battle had become known as in the years following the war. He had managed to break through the mess left by the attack, and while other Admirals had faltered in the shock of the moment, had begun organizing the evacuation of the few million survivors of the devastation.

“Computer, play Stardate 66182.39, Federation General Council Special Assembly”

“Processing” the feminine voice replied. Even after fifty years, and all the changes which had occurred since the Star War, the computer’s voice was ever constant.

Geordie settled back into his chair, as the wall monitor played the requested clip, his hands wrapped around the mug of hot racktigeno.

“On this day, March 13th, 2389, the United Federation of Planets and the Empire of Corusa announce a cessation of hostilities, and the beginnings of peace between our powers. Through the process of peace, let our peoples become reconciled and joined in our goals.”

The applause from the assembled politicians and press echoed through the Chamber, as the President motioned for silence, “Now, allow me to introduce to you, Grand Admiral Pellinace of the Imperial Navy, and Leader of the Corusa Empire.”

With those words, the Grand Admiral, a middle aged human dressed in a pure white uniform, his left breast decorated in various medals and awards, stepped to the podium. Pellinace looked over the crowd, almost sneered at the assembled aliens which seemed to wield power in this universe. He was a born and raised Imperial soldier, believed in the ability of the human race to lead, and the aliens should lie in their path, elevating humans to their rightful place as masters of the cosmos.

The sneer faded before it could even form, the cameras had caught the slip despite his best efforts, as the Admiral began his speech. “Assembled guest, members of the Press, and all those watching, allow me to be the first of the Imperial Grand Navy to express my heartfelt apologies for the war, for the losses we all suffered….”

The speech lasted ten minutes, and when it was done, it outlined what could be expected through the peace treaty. Trade agreements, mutual defense, weapons and shield technology, the Imperials and Federation would ally themselves, and the Alpha Quadrant would be better for it.

Geordie remembered those first years after the peace was declared. Imperial technology was incredibly advanced, more so than even the Borg. Their faster-then-light drive technology, weapons, shields, power generation outshined the best the Federation even had on the drawing board by centuries, at the very least. While the power generation would never see light again for along time, as far as most Federation scientist could figure, the rest helped advance the Federation’s understanding thousands-fold.

Within fifteen years, the first fully functional Quantum Slipstream Warp Drive had been tested, within 20 years the Federation’s phaser arrays had become the second most powerful weapon, next to the Imperial Turbo Lasers, and shield technology had increased by several orders of magnitude. Power Generation technology had advanced as well, and while not capable of generating the kinds of power Imperial Starships had, Federation ships were ton for ton some of the most heavily armed ships in the Quadrant.

While the other Alpha Quadrant powers played catch-up, doing their own research and purchasing weapons systems and technologies from the various privately owned corporations which had sprung up in the interim, the Federation and the Imperials remained the powerhouses of the Quadrant.

“Excuse me Master La Forge,” came a slightly prissy voice behind Geordie, “but the dedication ceremony for the USS Excelsior start in three hours.”

La Forge signed, he had forgotten the other advancement allowed thanks to the Imperial technology, and Droids had become a common sight. While not as human looking as Data and Lore had been, the Droids being created and sold throughout the Federation were becoming close.

“Thank you C6PO.” The Protocol Droid was the second most popular model of droids available, and one of the most useful, especially when off ship. As long as they had their memory core wiped every three months and reinitialized, they were perfect servants. The Astromech Droids had become commonplace items on most Federation and civilian owned starships. “Is my dress uniform ready?”

“Indeed it is sir, on your bed as you requested this morning”

“Good…thank you C6”

“Your welcome sir”

Geordie rose from his couch, stretching his body as he did so. He was getting up there in years, well into his eighty’s, and soon ready for retirement. But for now, he had dedication to attend.

-----

1) The Imperial War, as the conflict which ended with Earth's destruction is now called, will be further addressed in subsequent chapters, I just wanted to help give some background.

2) Yes, this ship, the USS Excelsior is a new class of Federation Starship, and It will be using Excelsior's NCC-2000-A. I figured it was time the Excelsior had it's own successor. I was thinking of perhaps using some of board members for the crew, if you'd like to appear as members of the crew, especially bridge crew for this ship, please let me know.

3) To give you a idea, the new Federation phasers are powerful, the most powerful Federation Phaser Arrays are about half the firepower of a LTL, while the Phaser Cannons (much like those equipped on the Galaxy-X class from All Good Things...) can reach to the lowend MTL power ranges, but those are only mounted on the largest Federation ships.

4) Questions? Comments? Complaints? Give up writing you hack? Let me know!
Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

NecronLord wrote:
Earth is stated to have planetary shields in Rodenberry's Star Trek TMP novel.
Theres also a Federation planet in TOS that has a planetery shield.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Kruk wrote:Why Fed's are not using them? I dont know if they will do any good, but still are more powerfull and sophisticated then quantums and photons.
Temporal Prime Directive.

Brian
Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

brianeyci wrote:
Kruk wrote:Why Fed's are not using them? I dont know if they will do any good, but still are more powerfull and sophisticated then quantums and photons.
Temporal Prime Directive.

Brian
Since that timeline has been erased the TPD is not valid.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

I'll settle the debate concerning why thier not in use at the time of the Prologue

Temporal Prime Directive, along with continuing research into the technologies brought back by Voyager from the Delta Quadrant, prohibits these weapons technologies from being placed into the field.

Aside from that, it was also found those technologies where developed and designed *speficially* for the Intrepid-Class Starship, and thus require extensive reconfiguration for use in other classes.

Besides, Transphasics are a Borg only weapon.

The time of the Imperial War prohibited the Federation from making use of the technology of the Ablative Armor Generators, but by the time of Chapter One, things have changed.

I'll go more into this later.
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Gustav32Vasa wrote:Since that timeline has been erased the TPD is not valid.
Incorrect. The Department of Temporal Affairs of the 24th Century visited Sisko after his travel's to Kirk's time, so the TPD exists in the 24th Century.

Brian
Gustav32Vasa

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

brianeyci wrote:
Gustav32Vasa wrote:Since that timeline has been erased the TPD is not valid.
Incorrect. The Department of Temporal Affairs of the 24th Century visited Sisko after his travel's to Kirk's time, so the TPD exists in the 24th Century.

Brian
I meant since the timeline that Admiral Janeway came from was erased the TPD isnt in action.