First Strike Chapter One -- B5 vs Star Trek

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Alexus
Padawan Learner

First Strike Chapter One -- B5 vs Star Trek

Post by Alexus »

----------------------------------FIRST STRIKE----------------------------------
-----Chapter One-----

IAS EXCALIBUR

"How many?" said Gideon as the bridge was filled with crewmen and marines.

"Twelve, repeat twelve ships on attack vector. Three are coming ahead of the main group." replied Matheson.

Gideon looked out at the approaching ships.

"They want to gauge our strength. All pulse cannons target the centre ship. Fire."

The mighty starship opened up with its wing mounted pulse cannons. The blue pulses tracked for a second and hit the ship in the middle of the formation, an aging ambassador class vessel. After ten seconds of heavy fire it exploded.

The rest of the Federation ships flew forward at full speed, firing their phasers. The yellow beams impacted on the Excalibur's crystalline/polymer armour, leaving a small scorch mark. Turret mounted triple fusion cannons fired, nailing a saber class ship.

IFS TERROR -- FORMERLY 'ENTERPRISE'

Admiral Janeway smashed her hand against the command chair panel.

"I want two nebulas to take point. They are to fire photon torpedoes at that... thing. All other ships are to prepare for a coordinated phaser strike on the forward weapons pod.

Two nebula class ships soared forward, firing torpedoes. The multi-kiloton weapons impacted on the cylindrical 'neck of the victory, allowing most of their energy to escape into space.

IAS EXCALIBUR

The bridge shook as strange glowing objects smashed into the Excalibur, scooping five metre craters into the thick armour.

"What the hell were those things?" shouted Gideon.

"I think it's meant to be a torpedo of some kind." replied Matheson.

"Glowing torpedoes? What a -" he was cut off by another three torpedoes hitting the hull. The nebulas sailed round for another pass as the other eight ships flew in. One was disabled by the turret cannons and pulse guns - holes were blown in its strange oval shaped primary hull.

The remaining Federation ships all fired their phasers on the forward weapons pod, burning through a metre of the armour but not starting a chain reaction.

Forty-seven thunderbolt starfuries roared out of the Excalibur's hangar and the battle became a furious melee, pulse cannon blasts and phaser beams filling the space around the ship.

The Excalibur was holding her own; the Federation fleet had lost five ships and the scattered phaser fire caused by the sudden fighter attack was merely scorching the thick armour of the Interstellar Alliance's flagship.

Onboard the Terror Janeway was getting angry. She watched as an Akira class ship was pierced by the powerful cannons on the Excalibur's nose.

"Stay away from the main guns!" she shouted, angrily. Her ship shuddered from another burst of pulse cannon fire, but the shields held.

Janeway noticed what could be a control centre. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Phasers-" she started saying but a fusion beam hit cut her off. The ventral quantum torpedo launcher was burned off in a second by the multi-kiloton beams.

"Get those shields back!" she cried.

Out in space the battle was almost over. The Thunderbolt attack had left the Federation fleet off guard as none of their many, many enemies had ever used them. The Excalibur was scorched and had lost two pulse cannon emplacements but it kept going.

"Useless scum." Janeway whispred. She pointed at the Excalibur. "Ramming speed!" she barked to the helmsman.

The 680 metre ship accelerated to an astonishing 300 metres a second. The Excalibur turned to face it.

IAS EXCALIBUR

Gideon turned to the weapons control officer.

"Ready main guns... fire."

The invincible Quantum Gravitic Discharge Cannon fired, swallowing the sovereign class ship. After a ten seconds it cut out, reavealing nothing, not even wreckage.

"Report." sighed Gideon.

"Thirty-four Starfuries down... hull breaches on decks 23, 24, 25... two pulse cannon batteries destroyed. It's lucky the commander of that fleet didn't seem to have any grasp of tactics."

"Hmm... call Earth. We'll need a fleet here, pronto. And tell the fighters to come home."

The bridge crew cheered. Gideon however was silent. He knew more would come.

Much more.
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Next time, pleasy, send someoe who would understood tactic. Perhaps Nachayew?? Or Sisko. Even Picard will be better then Lameway. Esspecialy as this is "bad-fed" universe, so Picard should be as good fighter as he was explorer in original one.

BTW - Thuds brought down Sovereing shields :)

---

Oh, and I can feel scent of sd.net calcs for Trek :P
[quote:c986e33691]Comparing and basing weapons strengths based on movie special effects isn't an accurate way of judging firepower. Simply because those effects are the results of what the producers and directors want to see on screen.[/quote:c986e33691]
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Janeway is just meant to lure them into a false snse of security. Empereror Pic- oop, almost gave it away. The emperor knows what he's doing.
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Oh yeah:
BTW - Thuds brought down Sovereing shields
Thuds? What do you mean?

Like the picture? I made it myself.
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Nice. Well, phasers are orange not yellow :) and Victory forward main guns are not guided (shoot only striegth forward).

But nice, chaotic battle. Lameway on her best :D

Oh, one more question. A torpedo made only 5 meter deep crater? and phasers have not used NDF?? strange.
[quote:c986e33691]Comparing and basing weapons strengths based on movie special effects isn't an accurate way of judging firepower. Simply because those effects are the results of what the producers and directors want to see on screen.[/quote:c986e33691]
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

I doubt NDF would work on crystilline-polymer armour. That stuff is TOUGH. It stops Drakh beams and they must do at least 100 kt per shot.

I've seen yellow phasers. Yellowish, anyway.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Yeah thats the bad thing about NDF they work on some dense metals and crystal but not others. So theres no telling how they would react. Even though the description of torp impact was interesting but consistent with onscreen pics contary to what they should be. But you needed to make janeway suffer a little more.
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

I think she's suffered enough.

She shared a ship with HARRY KIM.
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Want more, anyone?
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

Oh, one more question. A torpedo made only 5 meter deep crater? and phasers have not used NDF?? strange.
Well, could the crater have been 5 meters wide? That and it only had a narrow area to actually deliver damage could have reduced the effect. Still, you could intriduce stress fractures later, as the blast was not only bsorbed by the armor, but also by the internal structure.

Counter = fighters playing PD role, and more PD guns installed/allocated to torp shootdowns.

For NDF, who knows. Minbari ship with lighter composites might be amazingly susceptible, while ships with heavier armor (Earth, Narn, Centauri) would be needing torps to deal with. Vorlon and Shadow living armor might jsut fold away at NDF fire.

Still, interesting so far. Next chapter please.
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Of course that we want more. Fast and much :D
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Have a look at my under construction B5 vs Trek site

http://www.freewebs.com/scarletdawn

Watch the Macbeth trailer!
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Nice pictures, still not used to yellow phasers :)
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Did you watch the trailer?
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Yeap. Funny one :)
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Fu- funny?
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Alexus wrote:Did you watch the trailer?
At a rate of 1.1k per second for a 2.3 mb file, this better be worth it...*frowns*
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Weeeel... it's okay.

1.1k?

1.1k???

Are you on a 28k modem or something?
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

The CGI is quite good, I think.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Alexus wrote:Weeeel... it's okay.

1.1k?

1.1k???

Are you on a 28k modem or something?
No, cable. It's the upload speed. I regularily clock 200k a second or more, easily.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Alexus wrote:The CGI is quite good, I think.
Well, it's a shitload better than I could ever hope to accomplish. But honestly, I didn't find it that impressive or interesting.
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Okay.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Alexus wrote:Okay.
I was just being honest, not meaning to put you down or anything... :?
Kruk
Youngling

Post by Kruk »

Yeap, funny. Esspecialy that part with "paint-like" animation.