A Lesson in Respect(Angel altiverse oneshot)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

A Lesson in Respect(Angel altiverse oneshot)

Post by consequences »

Just a brief rectifying of an injustice, I claim no ownership of Buffy or Angel, and expect to garber nothing but possible flames from this work. I also make no promises regarding the character's being true to themselves, this is at heart a rant. :

A Lesson in Respect
by Matthew Sands

Spoilers: Angel Season 5, specifically the episode 'Damage'

"-But, ah, we got it"

Those words echoed in Angel's head as the Slayers moved to reclaim 'Super Psycho Wench'. Controlling the demon raging inside him had never been harder, as he found himself agreeing with it on the blatant show of disrespect he was apparantly supposed to swallow. Suddenly, something absurdly funny occured to him about the situation, all of the overconfident little minxes had turned their backs on him. For declaring him to be practically their enemy, they certainly didn't seem to be treating him as such, and that additional small insult tipped the scales.

Even as Wesley leaned close to say something, Angel gestured to his goon squad. The team reacted smoothly, unslinging their weapons and bringing them to bear. "Take them" Angel said softly.

Immediately, a barrage of rubber bullets, tranquiliser darts, and high voltage wires leapt out at the Slayers, of which the more alert were only beginning to turn. Five went down hard in the first volley, with three more falling even as they started to move back towards their attackers.

Two of them were set upon by black-clad brutes wielding stun batons and clubs. This might have proven a fatal mistake for the hapless minions, except for the fact that even these lucky Slayers had taken enough damage to put them signifigantly sub-par. The muscle that would have intercepted the other two moved to back up their compatriots as Angel waved them off.

As Angel duked it out with the two enraged women, Andrew finally got his gun out, and was about to bring it to bear on thegoons currently ruthlessly beating one of the girls, when he heard a soft-spoken "I wouldn't", and a click. He could see out of the corner of his eye Wesley standing with a gun leveled at his head, held quite professionally out of reach of any attempted heroics.

As Angel brawled with the two remaining threats, he kept up a constant stream of banter "You know-", ducking under a kick "-people always focus-", grab an over-extended arm and throw, "-On the two Slayers-" Open palm thrust to the sternum of the other Slayer tossing her some distance away, "-that Spike managed to kill", smoothly grab the arm of the one on the ground at his feet and dislocate, "-and they never-" mule kick to the gut of the other charging from behind, "-ask how many Slayers-", viscious kick to the crotch of the first girl, "-I've done away with." he finished, as he turned and clubbed the second on both sides of the head, dropping her next to her partner, before popping out both stakes from their arm mechanisms, and holding them to the two broken girls' throats. "As it happens, the answer is none, because Buffy is the only one who was ever worth killing. If she ever has anything to say to me, she can come here and say it herself. Tactical, make sure nothing nasty eats these lost little girls before they regain consciousness, then take a four day paid weekend. Medical, reclaim custody of our captive."

As he turned and strode away from the scene, leaving Andrew standing in a puddle of his own piss, Wesley quickly caught up to his side, saying "You know that this will only cause problems in the long run"

"Its funny Wes, but I really can't bring myself to give a damn right now. Besides, they needed some lessons, and at least they all survived this one."

Finis
Last edited by consequences on 2005-03-08 05:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xephon
Redshirt

Post by Xephon »

Great. Always enjoy the A-team kicking butt, especially when its slayer butt.
Asdeed
Padawan Learner

Post by Asdeed »

I like it! There's way too many fics with slayers brushing off the threat of guns. Good job!!! :D
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Sweet. Now if only I'd seen the episode in question....
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

A well-done retcon. Two questions:

1. I see "broken girls", are they dead?
2. Did Andrew stay conscious and get to fall apart?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:A well-done retcon. Two questions:

1. I see "broken girls", are they dead?
2. Did Andrew stay conscious and get to fall apart?
Broken as in psychologically from being whored so easily mostly, the one has a dislocated arm, and will be pissing blood for a week even with Slayer recovery, the other got off relatively easier, and was just in a lot of pain.

Andrew did indeed stay conscious, and the Special Edition may include a deleted scene where he pisses himself. :twisted:
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

As Angel brawled with the two remaining threats, he kept up a constant stream of banter "You know-", ducking under a kick "-people always focus-", grab an over-extended arm and throw, "-On the two Slayers-" Open palm thrust to the sternum of the other Slayer tossing her some distance away, "-that Spike managed to kill", smoothly grab the arm of the one on the ground at his feet and dislocate, "-and they never-" mule kick to the gut of the other charging from behind, "-ask how many Slayers-", viscious kick to the crotch of the first girl, "-I've done away with." he finished, as he turned and clubbed the second on both sides of the head, dropping her next to her partner, before popping out both stakes from their arm mechanisms, and holding them to the two broken girls' throats. "As it happens, the answer is none, because Buffy is the only one of you who would ever have been a challenge. If she ever has anything to say to me, she can come here and say it herself.
Best part, but a little... I don't know, but it was tough to read. I'd rewrite that last part to "because Buffy is the only one who was ever worth killing."
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
As Angel brawled with the two remaining threats, he kept up a constant stream of banter "You know-", ducking under a kick "-people always focus-", grab an over-extended arm and throw, "-On the two Slayers-" Open palm thrust to the sternum of the other Slayer tossing her some distance away, "-that Spike managed to kill", smoothly grab the arm of the one on the ground at his feet and dislocate, "-and they never-" mule kick to the gut of the other charging from behind, "-ask how many Slayers-", viscious kick to the crotch of the first girl, "-I've done away with." he finished, as he turned and clubbed the second on both sides of the head, dropping her next to her partner, before popping out both stakes from their arm mechanisms, and holding them to the two broken girls' throats. "As it happens, the answer is none, because Buffy is the only one of you who would ever have been a challenge. If she ever has anything to say to me, she can come here and say it herself.
Best part, but a little... I don't know, but it was tough to read. I'd rewrite that last part to "because Buffy is the only one who was ever worth killing."
I knew it would be disjointed as I was writing it, but I figured I'd try that descriptive method out. And you are right, that would be a better thing for him to say. 1 edit coming up.
Asdeed
Padawan Learner

Post by Asdeed »

I definitely like your take on the episode. If you decide to rewrite some more of the season I know i'll read it!