ST vs. SW vs 40K ish...

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Guid
Jedi Council Member

ST vs. SW vs 40K ish...

Post by The Guid »

This is the first little bit of a Fanfic mixing all of the listed concepts. I fully accept that there might be some continuity problems due to my not having seen as much of any of these concepts as I would like to have done recently. I do hope however that there is some enjoyment to be found in this first little taster.

Disclaimer: Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry and owned by Paramount Pictures. Stat Wars created by George Lucas and owned by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm.Warhammer & Warhammer 40K are concepts created and owned by Games Workshop. No copyright infringement is intended. I also confess that Eldrack Nightshade was originally created by a buddy of mine but we’ve swapped and shared so heavily over the years I’ve come to have a special place for him too.

Tzeenth was being cursed by 2 other major Chaos Gods.

“Plauges upon you!” Nurgle screamed characteristically, as Chaos God of Plagues.

“War be on you!” Khorne raged equally characteristically.

“What did I miss?” asked Slanesh, Lord of Pleasure entered the stone chamber that served as a physical representation of this meeting of the 4 major Chaos Gods within the warp.

“Tzeenth has employed an Eldar!” Khorne smashed his axe onto the round stone table they all sat around in an expression of his rage.

“Well why am I not surprised?” Slanesh purred lying back on the stony chair blinking to make it recline. “He always comes up with the absurd ideas.”

Tzeenth stood, smiled, his ever changing face transferring his 3 eyes to a mere two and his smile changing from a toothy canine smile to one far more human looking. “And they usually bring great benefit.”

“But the Eldar are our sworn enemy!” Nurgle gurgled. “How could you collaborate with one?”

“Its not quite collaboration. I had Ravager posses one I thought had potential.” Tzeenth spun around and from underneath a cloak came a Dark Eldar.

“And you brought the scum here?” Khorne swung his axe which Tzeenth parried aside with his staff. Nurgle was about to leap to his feet but Slanesh spoke up.

“If I may remind you gentlemen who it was in this group that brought the Space Marines legions to bear by taking half of them for ourselves. Myself and Tzeenth are responsible for the fact we have an army we could never have dreamt of.” He smiled and turned his head to Khorne. “I daresay our friend here has already thought up a plan.”

“To free you from the warp.” The Dark Eldar spoke up with Khorne’s axe not 12 inches above him held precariously by the staff of Tzeenth.

“How would you do that then my dear boy?” asked Slanesh exhaling cigar smoke from the cigar that grew from his fingers. “Surely you don’t mean one of those frontal assaults on Earth like my friend Khorne loves?”

“The Emporer must be killed for you to be free,” the Dark Eldar looked from one being of extraordinary power to the other. “But it is not stated that it must be the forces of Chaos that strike the lethal blow.”

“And you have a suggestion as to who can for us?” asked Slanesh. “We have tried to get the Orcs to have a go but they reached Armaggedon, the Tyranids seem to have not broken the Imperium of Men whilst the Necrons are nowhere to be found. Are you suggesting the broken Empire of Eldar would be willing or able to conquer Earth? If it could be managed then the Imperium of Man would collapse wonderfully, greater Demons could spill forth from the Warp, they could no longer travel by our means and we ourselves could go and mischief. But who is to conquer the Earth?”

“Men.” The Dark Elf chuckled. “Distant men.”

The hilarity of the moment hit them all.

“What do you need?” asked Tzeenth after a moment.

“The ability to travel to distant places and retain some abilities. I need a 3 way wormhole to be created permanently once I have the relevant things in place.” The Dark Elf stepped to one side to allow the axe to fall without striking him. “I’ve been reading a few old books.”

“What’s your name then?” whispered Nurgle, puss coming from the side of his face as he spoke.

“My name is both Eldrack Nightshade and Ravager. For now I am both. Soon I shall be known as the Deliverer of the new times. Not only by the men who see their so called Imperium collapse but by men who see their Federation collapse and by men who see their Empire collapse. And by Demons who see their Empire reborn.” The Dark Elf spoke and his eyes shone with the delight.

“You speak as if you know what is going to happen.” Khorne squared up to him and increased his size for effect.

Eldrack spoke to the Demon’s stomach.

“I do.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Dax to Sisko.” Jadzia spoke quickly. “Something bizarre is happening to the wormhole.”

“What kind of bizarre?” asked Sisko already coming out of his ready room and pacing his way down the steps towards Jadzie Dax.

“Well there are some strange subspace readings and we’re losing contact with our probe on the other side of the wormhole.” Jadzia said.

“Could there be a fault?” asked Sisko.

“Not that I can see.” Chief of Operations Miles O’Brien answered. “I’m getting communications from all other long distance probes and sensors appear to be running at maximum percentage.”

Sisko suddenly found himself in the startling white light that he knew meant that the Prophets desired his company.

“This is… our Champion… we are being taken away…”
He was very quickly back on the bridge of Deep Space Nine.

“Shall I launch another probe?” asked Jadzia.

“Do so.” Sisko nodded disturbed. “What is the nearest starship to the station currently?”

“The Defiant.” Kira chuckled briefly.

“Thank you Major but I was asking which was the closest starship properly equipped to investigate this kind of thing.” Sisko berated her.

“The Enterprise is in the area currently looking over a medical emergency on Epsylon 5.” Jadzia pointed out.

“Hail them.” Sisko said. “Picard always wanted to see the wormhole.”

“There are circumstances…” Said the face of Sisko on the Enterprise moniter. “I hope you will be able to come soon.”

“I believe our work here is done. I shall check with Starfleet command but I will be with you as soon as I can.” Captain Jean Luc Picard said straightening out his uniform. “Keep me posted. Picard out.”

Picard strolled off the bridge towards his ready room.

“Odd way of putting that,” Commander Riker smiled. “I shall check with Starfleet Command but I will be with you as soon as I can.”

“Must have been a slip of the tongue.” Picard raised his eyebrows.

“Freudian slip Sir?” Riker chuckled.

“You have the bridge Number 1!” Picard dismissed him.

“Mr. Nigtshade, plot a course to Deep Space 9. I daresay the Captain will wish to use it.”

“Aye Sir. I daresay he will.”

“Excuse me Sir.” Said the nervous young man. “Something has appeared on sensors. It appears to be some kind of wormhole that is spawning.”

“Do I look like I have time to be dealing with that?” asked the irritated Admiral surveying the fighters. “The Death Star is soon to arrive and blow this moon to pieces!”

“Sorry Sir I just…”

“Go back to your post.”

Elsewhere Chewbacca, Eldrack and Han were packing the Milennium Falcon.

“This reward ought to patch us up with Jabba the Hutt.” Eldrack said.

“About time,” Han said. “In the years the three of us have wandered together I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had this much reward for a task.”

“Well what about beating Lando and getting this hunk of junk?” Eldrack pointed out.

“Good point.” Han said ignoring the jibe from his long time friend, he knew that Eldrack loved the Falcon really.
Eldrack spotted Luke and Leia and went inside the Falcon to avoid their gaze.

“So you’re going then…”

On the Death Star Darth Vader suddenly felt something he had not felt in a long time. Fear and the feeling that there was something more sinister than him near. He did not understand it. Surely there was no evil greater than he?
Last edited by The Guid on 2005-04-12 04:58pm, edited 2 times in total.
Self declared winner of The Posedown Thread
EBC - "What? What?" "Tally Ho!" Division
I wrote this:The British Avengers fanfiction

"Yeah, funny how that works - you giving hungry people food they vote for you. You give homeless people shelter they vote for you. You give the unemployed a job they vote for you.

Maybe if the conservative ideology put a roof overhead, food on the table, and employed the downtrodden the poor folk would be all for it, too". - Broomstick
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Curious, I can see the Chaos Gods wanting to have the Empire destroy the Imperium so that they can corrupt the human race more easily but why are they bringing the Federation into this? The Federation is a lightweight compared to the Tau, let alone a heavy hitter like the IoM. Perhaps they desire a third galaxy to subvert and rule over?
Contemplates Trekverse being conquered by the Empire and then overrun with Chaos infestations... Man, did watching Voyager and Enterprise really traumatize you that much? :P
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Well there is a reason that the Trekverse has been brought in and I think I have timed it right. Those who know Trek better than me might spot a continuity error. Don't worry, I have read enough of this site to know that its not going to be Klingons bursting the gates of the Emporer's Palace with the Enterprise taking on the Orbital Defence!

"Yeah, funny how that works - you giving hungry people food they vote for you. You give homeless people shelter they vote for you. You give the unemployed a job they vote for you.

Maybe if the conservative ideology put a roof overhead, food on the table, and employed the downtrodden the poor folk would be all for it, too". - Broomstick
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

One major flaw:
Sisko suddenly found himself in the startling white light that he knew meant that the Founders desired his company.
The Founders are the shapeshifters who run the dominion. The wormhole aliens thats Sisko pals around with are the Prophets.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Good point. Have changed it. Thanks.

Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

The Guid wrote:Well there is a reason that the Trekverse has been brought in and I think I have timed it right. Those who know Trek better than me might spot a continuity error.
Now that I think of it, I think I see where you may be going. When the Empire or the Imperium invades I can see some Federation generals and commanders selling themselves to Chaos in the hopes that the Chaos Gods will boost their power enough to allow them destroy the invaders (mmm, Chaos Redshirts :twisted: ).
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Commissioner Bryant spoke nervously to Magneus Calgar, head of the Ultramarines. Despite the fact the two of them were light years apart and only on audio speakers Bryant felt that the gaze of the huge powerful master of one chapter of those feared warriors called Space Marines. 1000 Space Marines answered to and were led by this man and Commissioner Bryant knew that that meant that his ranks of Imperial Guard were useless to protect should Magneus Calger decide to come and have him purged, for some unknown crime of lack of fealty to the great Emperor.

“I have been asked to send you and your forces to the wormhole to investigate. Myself and Inquisitor Bastalek Grim are already on our way there with some Imperial Guard…”

“No extra forces will be necessary.”

“Of course. But just as a…”

“Bring them if you like but I am in charge of this mission. Whatever is on the other side of the wormhole is my responsibility if they have failed in their responsibilities to the Emperor.”

“Commander Calger,” Bryant began hesitantly. “I have a message from the Psykers here telling us to tread carefully and not be too rash…”

“Rash is a word for an excess of courage.” Magneus Calger’s voice. “We Ultramarines think that there is no such thing as an excess of courage. If they have failed the Emporer they will be purged, if they are enemies they will be defeated. If your men choose to give supporting fire then I welcome them in this Crusade but expect not any hesitation from the Emporer’s chosen.”

“Of course. Bryant out.” Commisionar Bryant loaded his las pistol and looked over at Inquisitor Bastalek Grim. “Can anything be done to hold them back?”

“No. High command like them. They do their job and never think twice.”
“That’s what I am worried about.”

“Enterprise to Defiant.” Riker’s voice barked over intercom. “Please respond.”

“Defiant here.” Sisko responded. “The wormhole seems to be as large as it ever has been on this side but if you try and travel through it then it becomes narrower. Perhaps your sensors may be able to detect all the way through the wormhole where ours have been unable.”

“Mr. Nightshade, take us in.” Picard said strolling on to the bridge. “Lets see what’s out there.”

“Aye Sir.”

The Enterprise moved slowly towards the wormhole and the wormhole opened up to take in both the Defiant and the Enterprise.

“Captain, we are soon to run out of space to manoeuvre.” Data advised.

“Begin scans Mr. Data.” Picard said.

It was at that moment that Councillor Troi entered the bridge. The ship rocked.

“Report!” Picard said picking himself up off the deck.

“Something must have hit us Sir.” Data said. “I am not picking anything up on sensors which could have caused us to rock like that.”

“Councillor.” Riker said picking the unconscious Troi up. “I’ll just take her down to sickbay.”

“Of course Commander.” Picard said. “Mr. Data, no advice on what hit us?”

“Nothing Captain but the sensor scan has revealed something interesting.” Data said. “This wormhole is three way, it is also increasing in size.”

“Three way?” asked Picard.

“There are three different points at which a ship can enter this wormhole. One is currently to port, one to starboard and one, our own, is behind us.” Data confirmed.

“Crusher to bridge.” The voice of Beverley Crusher sounded over intercom.

“Picard here.”

“I just thought I ought to let you know that Deanna was on her way to the bridge to inform you that she has recently been disturbed by feelings of great malevolence on the Enterprise. It began a few hours ago and has not relented; I had given her some calming injections to help her focus. Crusher out.”

“Mr. Work run internal sensors.” Picard ordered.

“Captain Picard, I believe that will not be necessary. I believe that the perpetrator of malevolence is either Commander Reiker or currently on this bridge.” Data spoke calmly.

“What?” Work was the first to speak reaching for a phaser he kept underneath the control panel.

“Councillor Troi came on to the bridge cautiously, not with her usual purpose. Did she appear to anyone to be searching?” Data looked to the rear of the bridge to see a few nods. “I think she had isolated the malevolent feeling to the bridge and had come to isolate it further. That would seem to me to be the most likely hypothesis.”

“Security team to the Bridge.” Worf barked quickly. “Mr. Nightshade, step away from your console.”

“Mr. Worf?” asked Picard.

“The jolt was caused by the helm Sir.” Word said. “I believe Mr. Nightshade is our culprit.”

Inwardly, Eldrack sighed, he had not seen a droid of this intelligence and he was annoyed to find himself in this situation. He stepped away from the console and sent a psyckic message requesting aid.

Reaper, Champion of Slanesh, smiled. Now he would ensure that upstart Dark Elf did not succeed.

Inside the millennium falcon Eldrack sighed, someone in the future he had got himself into trouble. He searched, he was with the human Federation? He was disgusted at his future conduct. Were he in his true form for all of these missions he would either be able to deflect that puny fire on his armour or take Demon form and murder them all with staff and blade and psyckic power.

Despite his time travelling antics he knew he didn’t have too long. Now that the wormhole was starting to take form he had to make sure that the window of opportunity was not lost or Tzeenth might make him suffer for eternity.

“Hey Chewie!” Eldrack shouted grabbing to pistols. “Come here!”
Chewbacca obliged to find out what Eldrack wanted this time, Chewbacca did not like Eldrack. There was something not quite right about him, Chewbacca knew it and yet he did not know quite how. Eldrack spun around and fired twice sending to ground the wookie. He very quickly tapped into what minor psyckic powers he had left and went rolling down the platform stunning the weak minds of Luke and Leia as they stood talking to Han who he shot for good measure. All around the cargo bay people turned and stared and Eldrack tried to pick his targets carefully, the Death Star must survive. Now that Luke was down to be taken with him and Han was dead this looked distinctly more likely but he knew he had to be on the safe side. In the corner of his eye he spotted Wedge leaping behind the cover of stack of barrels, he fired repeatedly with one of the blasters whilst with the other arm he wrapped picked up Leia and Luke forgetting momentarily his comparative weakness to his normal self. Seeing Wedge Antilles go down he grabbed a thermal detonator and threw it wildly before grabbing the both of them and running for the Falcon. He was amazed at how few people seemed to shoot at him once he had picked the two of them.

“Weaklings.” He chuckled throwing them to the ground and sealing the hatch before racing to the cockpit.

He flicked a switch to have the little gun, “the surprise” as Han called it open up at those who might try and stop the escape of the Falcon, before taking the Millennium Falcon out of the Yavin 4 Rebel base.

Not that it would be recognised as such from the rubble that will be left of it in twenty minutes time he thought.

“Lord Vader what is the matter with you?” asked Grand Moff Tarkin in exasperation as the foolish Sith apprentice trailed off again in his arguments. “I have told you that I want this battle station to act alone. I can not stop you from ordering your own fighters into battle but those belonging to me will not take away from the glory of this Space Station’s triumph.”

Lord Vader stormed out of the room but not due to Tarkin’s arrogance; the connection with the feeling had faded. He marched straight to the observation post on the Death Star and stormed in.

“Has a ship just left the moon?” he demanded.

“Yes Lord Vader. The Millennium Falcon just did and jumped to hyperspace.”

“I want it.” Vader said without thinking.

“I’m sorry Lord Vader?” the officer asked.

“Put out a bounty on that ship, tell the Bounty Hunters to name their price.” Darth Vader knew his Emporer would not approve, just as he had once known that Kenobi did not approve of his working with Palpatine; but he had killed Kenobi and he would kill Palpatine if he had to.

“Commander,” Commissioner Bryant greeted the Ultramarine Commander Marneus Calgar over audio communication. “I was wondering if you would be kind enough to let us know what you are doing.”

“We spotted a ship in the wormhole and scanned them to reveal that there was residue of Demons within the ship and therefore it must be purged. However we decided that we wished to clarify what was on the ship. It was also agreed that we stood a greater chance of taking the ship than destroying it by barrage due to the likelihood of their withdrawing from standard fire. We therefore launched 10 drop pods to subdue the ship.”

Magneus Calgar was complimenting them by informing them of his decision. “The wormhole is just about big enough for drop pods if we are specific in our targeting. This is something Space Marines never had a problem with.”

“Well, please do keep us informed.” Commissioner Bryant signed off.

Last edited by The Guid on 2005-04-12 05:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duken
Youngling

Post by Duken »

The Guid wrote:We therefore launched 10 drop pods to subdue the ship.”
Oh God, what did the Enterprise ever do to you?
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

That's nothing! Just imagine what could happen if they run into Tyranids, or Dark Eldar or Chaos!

The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Hidden on the other side of the Enterprise the USS Defiant had no idea how lucky it was.

“Sir,” Dax said. “Pods are coming from one side of the wormhole.”

“Pods?” asked Sisko.

“About the size of a single man, slightly larger, life signs. They are heading right for the Enterprise.”

On the Enterprise Picard had already raised shields.

“Should I prepare weapons?” asked Worf.

“No. That might be a provocative action.” Picard said. “Open hailing frequencies. This is Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Federation Starship Enterprise, we are here on a peaceful scientific mission and request peaceful co-operation. Cut transmission. Full reverse engines Mr. Data.”

“Aye Captain.”

“Enterprise. Request immediate and standown and surrender.” Came a voice over intercom. “Explanation as to why there is a Demon on board. Only immediate surrender and explanation to the Inquisition will result in your not being terminated.”

“Now wait a minute…” Picard got as far as that.

“We being shot at!” Worf warned. “From both sides of the wormhole.”

“Fall back to Deep Space Nine!” Picard immediately ordered.
Before the Enterprise really got going the ship was rocked by repeated strikes to its shields and hull. Down in the brig Eldrack Nightshade, still wearing a Starfleet Uniform sighed.

“That didn’t take too long. Maybe these ones aren’t up to the task I set them.” Eldrack mused annoyed that the brig force field seemed to be up and the security team undaunted in their desire to make sure he did not escape.

“The Enterprise has lost all power Captain!” Dax reported. “The freighter is continuing to attack us. Shields are down but ablative armour seems to be withholding the firepower momentarily.”

“Our weapons do less to this ship though its shields seem to go out whenever it goes behind us.” Kira reported.

“Security team to Transporter room.” Sisko ordered. “Beam the pilot into there. See if that thing can fly without a pilot.”

“Aye Sir.” Dax confirmed. “I can’t get a lock on the weaker life signs but the one that seems to be in the cockpit is in the Transporter Room.”

Eldrack noted with pleasure that the Defiant had just helped him out. He was behind a force field with 4 security officers aiming their phaser rifles at him with another officer at the transporter controls.

“Thank you.” He said firing his stormtrooper rifles through the puny forcefields killing the 4 of them with only one shot being fired back at him which bounced off their own forcefield. “Beam me on to the Enterprise please.”

“OK.” The Transporter officer agreed under the influence of Eldrack’s psyckic ability.

“Thanks again. Oh and kill yourself after I am gone.”

“No problem!”

Kira burst into the Transporter room just in time to see the man fire the phaser into his head, vaporising himself.

Back on the bridge Sisko knew in his heart of hearts he had to abandon the Enterprise but knew he could not do so without rescuing as many as possible.

“Beam any injured onto the ship.” Sisko said. “And if anything fires at any escape pods see if you can try and attack it, distract it.”

“Understood Sir.”

Brother Alexius headed down towards where the Daemon was suspected to be. The 5 Terminators were headed to the bridge with the Techmarine, he and 3 other Veterans were to deal with the Daemon. The equipment was faulty though, it appeared to be picking up 3 signals where the Commander had specified one. It was possible another 2 had arrived and as such he was careful. He was confronted by resistance. He took cover round the corner as thirteen beings armed with some kind of energy rifle began to open fire. Brother Jerez was not as fast in taking cover as he was and as such was struck in the chest by one of their shots yet it did little.

“Advance.” Brother Alexius ordered firing his bolter at each target. He observed that they were not all human, indeed some appeared half human. Such abominations clearly needed purging. Though he was struck once he did not feel any damage. This purge would be easy.

It was then he died.

“Abandon ship.” Picard said. “Computer initiate…”

“Do not speak any more words.” Ordered a man seemingly in full body armour with a strange third arm that resembled a construction arm. “Or you will be killed.”

Picard was about to launch into a speech urging peace but he saw the 4 larger versions of this man that he just been spoken to by.

It was then that he and his bridge crew disappeared and re-appeared on shuttles.

“How did we end up here?” asked Picard to Data who was in
one shuttle with him.

“I took the liberty of setting up this system whereby the Shuttles would use their on board transporters to transport us out.” Data explained. “I did not believe our capture would be useful.”

The Shuttles began to move out and they saw escape pods begin to eject themselves from the Enterprise.

About to enter one escape pod was 3 security officers who were escorting Ensign Nightshade as they called him, he was short distance in front of them.

“Where am I when I need me?” he thought.

“Duck.” Came a thought into his head, so he went for it.
Around the corner from in front of them came Eldrack Nightshade from the past firing 2 rifles killing his captors.

“Heya Eldrack.”

“How did I get myself into this mess?”

“If I told me I might avoid it and therefore break the timeline.”

“Well I am going to erase my memory soon anway.”

“We don’t have time for stories anyway. Climb into this Jefferies
tube with me. I need to restore main power, not get this ship destroyed by those space marines either on their chapter ship or the ones already on here. This is much trickier than I thought it would be.”

“You’re telling you.”

“Enough with the jokes surely?”

“OK then. I found a rather neat way of dealing with the Veterans. Lightsaber, cut off 4 heads already. I managed to take a couple of bolters and ammo. You have that.”

“Thank me”

“I thought we’d stopped the jokes.”

“True.”

“There is one Terminator on its own and 4 together with a Tech Marine.”

“I’ll take the first, you take the second.”

“I reckon we take out the lone Terminator and take his power sword then sneak up on the others and take them close up. Then we use combined psyckic energy to communicate with Ultramarine central command via their communicators to say how great its all going then initiate whatever wormhole stabiliser you have ready. Then we use the transporters to get us to our respective escape vessels and voila, we are done.”

“Great minds think alike.”

It was then that they were sucked from the Jefferies tube by a mighty force that they recognised as psyckic energy. As they lay on the ground they saw the various remains of Terminator armour that they knew could only exist if a Demon that once possessed it had burst out of it. A large grey slug with arms holding a dripping blade and a skulls and chains flail stood before them.

“Reaper!” both Eldracks addressed the grey slug that would have stood over them had they been standing, let along lying down. “How great to see you!”

“Cut off from your powers you are mine!” Reaper cooed with delight. “I came here through the right side of the wormhole, the warp side, but you did not. So you’re in trouble!”

“Help! Demon!” Eldrack shouted.

Reaper looked down confused but turned to find 4 Terminators firing their storm bolters at him with a Techmarine firing a plasma pistol. Reaper roared in pain and charged towards them powered by psyckic energy which sped him up from the slither he might be. His bodies advantages were toughness however, and the storm bolter reached nothing vital before he was upon them.

Ensign Nightshade was the first to put a plan into action of the two Eldracks.

“Nightshade to Defiant can you fire your Quantum torpedoes aimed at my comm. Badge?” he asked throwing his comm. Badge at Reaper who was still busy with the Ultra Marines.

“Mr. Night…”

“No time to explain. Please do it, scan the thing! Its not friendly!” he sent a psychic power compelling Sisko to obey and he hoped it was enough.

The other Eldrack was making his way down to Engineering to try and get main power back online. He knew the quantum torpedoes would not kill Reaper but he hoped he would get sucked out into space. The Starfleet Eldrack confirmed to him that this had happened. He picked up the Space Marine helmet he found on the ground from where he had cut it off.

“Brother to command ship. All is well, ship soon to be making its way to you complete with prisoners. Have had some casualties but all under control now.”

The words spoken from the severed head amused Eldrack, even though he knew it was him giving it life. He knew that he must rest soon to recover his psychic abilities but as the Starfleet Eldrack caught up with him he knew it couldn’t be soon.

Hope you enjoy it! :oops:
Last edited by The Guid on 2005-04-12 05:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

It's Daemons, not Demons, man! :P

But really good either way. Keep it up; I've been looking for a SW/ST vs 40k fic for a while. :)
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Thanks. Its always good to have encouragement. I think WH40K spells it the non "a" way.

I am still writing it but I am trying to make the next bit to not too "jumpy" but I may have to just cave in to the jumpiness!

Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

The Guid wrote:Thanks. Its always good to have encouragement. I think WH40K spells it the non "a" way.
Actually, it's spelt "daemon" in 40K.
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

<Insert relevent expletive>

You're right. And I was so certain! I was about to quote from "Codex: Chaos Space Marines" all smug and then I looked and I have misread it in the years I have had it. Remarkable what the human mind is capable of shielding itself from.

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

I like this. Although I'm not very familiar with WH40K, you give me enough of a description to understand the different characters from that universe. Love the humor, the action's bloody without being overly gorey. I also loved the conversation Eldrack was having with himself.

The only nitpick I have is the spacing makes it a little hard to read.

Thank you for the entertaining read, Guid. I'm looking forward to more.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

I've been thinking about the spacing myself. Have you any advice on what I can do?

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

The Guid wrote:I've been thinking about the spacing myself. Have you any advice on what I can do?

What are you writing this with?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Well, try adding a space between paragraphs.

Someone who's better at this correct me if I fuck this up...

Something like this:
“Enterprise. Request immediate and standown and surrender.” Came a voice over intercom. “Explanation as to why there is a Demon on board. Only immediate surrender and explanation to the Inquisition will result in your not being terminated.”

“Now wait a minute…” Picard got as far as that.

“We being shot at!” Worf warned. “From both sides of the wormhole.”

“Fall back to Deep Space Nine!” Picard immediately ordered.

Before the Enterprise really got going the ship was rocked by repeated strikes to its shields and hull. Down in the brig Eldrack Nightshade, still wearing a Starfleet Uniform sighed.
Hope that helps some.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Been using Microsoft Word, old version.

“Get up.” A voice over them said. “I want you where I can see you.”

“Who are you?” asked Leia looking up at him rubbing her head bemused by the whole situation.

“None of your concern. Get up.”

The man had a gun. He was completely covered in body armour and weaponry. Luke immediately looked for a way to distract him, he might be able to deal with him. He quickly searched for his father’s lightsaber to find he didn’t have it with him. The man shot him in the foot.

“What did you do that for?” Luke wailed clutching his foot in agony.

“It’ll heal. But only if you get up and follow me so I can put you where I want you.” The man deep voice half whispered. “Now get up.”

“Alright I’m moving.” Luke said, Leia helping him up.

“You’d better be part of the bounty.” Boba Fett growled checking his remote controller for the Falcon was fully functional before motioning the two of them off into the cells on the Slave I. “Or I just wasted my time.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Picard and Data felt their ship jolt.

“We appear to be caught in some kind of tractor beam Sir.” Data said. “I am unable to break free. The tractor beam appears to emanating from the opposite side of the wormhole from the one we were attacked.”

Picard looked out of the window and saw two parallel ships travel past them, both completely alien to them.
“What have we found?” Picard mumbled to himself as the ship continued to be pulled to whatever horror we would soon find.

“Whatever it is Sir, its more powerful than anything we have ever seen.”

Riker’s shuttle had taken fire and they were drifting towards their attackers at the opposite end. Riker wondered whether thoughts of suicide rocked the heads of Deanna or Beverley Crusher as well.

Commissioner Bryant cracked his knuckles. He had shot that little ship and been very careful about it, it was drifting towards him and the Inquisition, he just feared that the Space Marines would destroy it. They were a law unto themselves.

On the other side of the wormhole the SS Inspiration was bringing in a little shuttle of its own. Captain Liris hoped high command would be pleased with this little wonder he had taken before the more impressive elements of the Emporer’s forces could arrive.

“Beam the shuttle members aboard.” Sisko ordered.

“Transporters are down Sir.” Dax said. “We must have lost them in the latest burst of fire from the unidentified craft…”

“Which one?” asked Sisko.

“I don’t know!” Dax wailed.

“Fall back! We’re sitting ducks and we don’t have the firepower.” Sisko ordered.

“But Sir…” began Dax.

“What do you want me to do old man? Charge the Defiant head long into one of these sides phasers going? We’ve lost this battle old man! The escape pods will make it back to Deep Space Nine and so will one of those shuttles; there is nothing I can do to rescue the Enterprise bridge crew. Sisko to Nightshade.”

“Nightshade here. We’ve nearly got the Enterprise back up and running. It was short circuited and the warp core was not damaged.”

“We?”

“Yeah... Me and the ship.”

“We are withdrawing, I advise you to the same as soon as you can.” Sisko cut the transmission. “Turn us around, as soon as we are out of the wormhole get me Starfleet Command.”

“Aye Sir.” Dax regretfully spun the ship around going back to the safety that she had a feeling would last her only a few more sleepless nights before itself becoming a nightmare.

“Right, we’ve got main power.” Eldrack informed his other self.

“Computer, beam us both to the bridge,” the other spoke before his former self could jump in there.

Arriving on the bridge the Starfleet version of Eldrack went to the helm.
“The Defiant is gone but the shuttles are still heading towards their respective locations. Quick, fire photon torpedoes at the shuttle about to make it to the Deep Space Nine side of the wormhole!”

“OK… give me a second… fired.”

“Good. Anyone who had been on the bridge and heard Data and Worf conspire would probably let Sisko and that lot know something suspicious and that could have mucked my plans up. Talking of plans being screwed up that ship you brought is gone.”

“Where?”

“I think out of your side but these primitive sensors have no way of telling. I guess this changes your plans now?”

“Certainly does. You still need this ship right?”

“Yes. To get me back to Deep Space Nine and begin the next stage of the plan.”

“And of all of these things shuttles are gone?”

“Yeah, and I think the child’s toy is gone as well if we’re going to that level.”

“Wait! I’ve got it! I’ll take one of the Veterans pods that the Ultramarines came in.”

“Right. You get the pods, the nearest is on Deck 3. I’ll set this little program going.”

“I’m off.”

Eldrack made his way to the Veteran’s pod and looked carefully at it, there was no hull damage from when it crashed into the Enterprise and the structural integrity fields seemed to have done no damage to it either. The engines were no existent though, he needed a push of some kind to send him back the way he had come chasing the Falcon and no way to pilot it. He would have to be captured by the Imperial Fleet that was surely by now arranging itself by the wormhole; hopefully Vader would come to him and he could make his escape that way. To get himself out would require him to expend a huge amount of psychic energy to get the thing moving and if he was to confront Vader he needed all the energy he could get his hands on, and certainly not lose any.

“I’ll do it.” The other Eldrack said coming up behind him. “I’ll expend the psychic energy to get you moving.”

“But what if you encounter any more problems?” asked Eldrack climbing into the pod clearly knowing already that this had to happen.

“I have this bolter now don’t I?” Eldrack referred to his weapon. “Besides Data and Troi are both gone. No telepaths on Deep Space Nine. Should be easy pickings, and my powers should recover soon enough.”

“After a few deaths ey?”

“Indeed. Let me focus. Good luck.”

‘Ensign’ Eldrack Nightshade wished his past self farewell and focused to send the out of time Daemon back to where he should not even be in the first place. As he sent the pod off he felt an overwhelming urge to duck.

So he did as a phaser beam hit the wall where he had stood. He rolled round and aimed his bolter to see what he had possibly been attacked by.

“Worf?” he yelled. “What are you still doing here?”

A heavily bandaged Worf roared back at him. Hand phaser in one hand, Bat’leth in the other.

“What are you? What is going on?”

“I thought the Defiant beamed everyone off who wouldn’t make it to an escape pod. Why weren’t you beamed off?”

“I was behind forcefields in my quarters.”

“Didn’t an ultramarine shoot you?”

“The man in front of me was shot and the force of the shot hit me but hit nothing vital. Come out Eldrack! I want you for… questioning.”

“Are you telling me that that phaser is set on stun?”

“You can still return to the Federation, your people! It doesn’t have to be like this!”

“You do realise if your phaser is set on stun…” Eldrack began walking slowly out arms wide. “Then you can not hurt me?”

Face to face down a corridor Worf saw the faces of all of the dead members of security he had lost that day. He began to slowly and subtly change setting to kill and for a second his eyes involuntarily went down to see what he was doing. Eldrack lifted the bolter and aimed it right at Worf and began to shoot. Worf dodged the first shot but Eldrack’s arm was quicker than Worf’s movement.

The rate of fire on the bolter was quicker still. An unsatisfactory clicking began to come from the bolter, and no bolts. Eldrack dropped the bolter and ran.

“For a Champion of luck I sometimes wonder…” Eldrack began trying to wrack his brains for a solution to this tricky puzzle; he soon found it. “Computer beam Lieutenant Worf to my location.”

“Prioritisation requested.”

Eldrack was about to press his comm.. badge which had Picard’s authorisation recorded onto it for those times he had needed authorisation in his preparations for the ship to stabilise the wormhole. It wasn’t there.

“Oh great! I used it on Reaper!”

Eldrack kept running and reached a turbo lift, but it was sealed shut. This was not good, he guessed that Worf had decided that the computer was a useful ally and he did not need an authorisation from a communications badge he had discarded. Eldrack decided there was nothing for it, whispered a prayer to Tzeenth and charged. He hugged the inside wall and just as he spotted Worf he darted away from it spinning into the opposite wall before using it to launch himself head first straight at Worf hitting the Klingon in the chest where his wound was knocking him back slightly. Before Worf could recover from the pain Eldrack leg locked Worf’s knees and tripped him sending him falling to the ground. Eldrack lifted himself so he was behind Worf and grabbed with both hands on to the hand holding the hand phaser. Worf’s fingers rolled the hand phaser on to overload and the process was begun just as Eldrack got control of the hand phaser. He threw it round the corner and dived.

“You fool. Now this is going to have to be painful.” Eldrack cursed Worf getting up as the Klingon took a swing with his Bat’leth.

Eldrack ducked underneath and considered going for a shoulder barge but decided against it as Worf might get the bat’leth between the two of them. He also decided against a roll to grab the bolter, he knew he could use it despite it being empty but with his current luck Worf would strike a blow and he felt weak enough as it was. When Worf next swung then he took advantage of the Batleth’s biggest weakness, it vulnerable off side. He stepped back then quickly forward to wedge himself between the bat’leth and its wielder prising it away from Worf. He felt considerable surprise when this was easier than expected and then he felt a sharp pain in his back as Worf’s dahk’tag stuck into him. Eldrack leaned forward and did a cartwheel separated Worf from the close contact they were in but Worf was able to recover his dagger.

“I very rarely favour a bat’leth. However I recently learned that trick from a new sparring partner of mine. The one your enemies killed but would not have had the chance to had you told us what you know of whatever they were.”

“I haven’t killed anyone Worf. Its you sating your blood lust desire.”

“You killed the guards following you.”

“How?”

“Well they were escorting you off and then they die.”

“Killed by the same ones you later saw me kill…”

“It wasn’t you. You won’t have changed clothes twice. There’s two of you, there must be. A twin or something, but he left on that pod and now you are alone and whatever it was ends here.”

“Be thankful Worf. Be thankful of how ignorant you are.”

Eldrack spun the batleth around and threw it. As Worf ducked Eldrack crouched and picked up the bolter unloading one clip and reaching behind him. Worf took the split second decision to run and Eldrack ran in the opposite direction to where the exploding phaser had melted part of a wall. He pushed his way through the small gap to find himself in some kind of lab. He very quickly spotted what he was looking for, the weapons cabinet. Running towards it he halted momentarily as the figure of Worf began to beam in front of him holding a phaser rifle. Eldrack hurled the bolter and dived onto Worf pushing the phaser rifle up in the air, the bolter hit home dazing Worf slightly and the grapple was on for the phaser rifle. Eldrack planted a shin into Worf’s knee and pushed him down on to the floor and placed his foot on to the phaser rifle as he opened the emergency locker to find the phaser was gone.

“Oh for…”

He grabbed the nearest thing to hand, the large empty conical flask that the random scientist had been carrying when he went to get the phaser. He smashed it on to the desk and took two sharp pieces driving them downwards into Worf’s palms as he tried to protect the eyes Eldrack aimed for. He had let go of the phase rifle, Eldrack kicked it up in the air and caught it running for the door changing the setting to stun. He aimed and fired at Worf trying to get up.

The Klingon lay before him. Eldrack killed him in cold blood, doing what unspeakable ritual he needed to do to get maximum power from the death.

This better? If so I'll edit all of my posts so they look like this. Thanks for your help.

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Much better, Guid. That's a lot easier to read (at least for me).
The Klingon lay before him. Eldrack killed him in cold blood, doing what unspeakable ritual he needed to do to get maximum power from the death.
Hehehe... Always did dislike Worf. For some reason when I read that I imagined a vioce saying "Fatality" in the background.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Well this is an unusual chapter but I hope still enjoyable.

“Open the doors or they will be blasted open.” Captain Liris ordered and the door of the shuttle opened soon becoming a ramp. “Greetings. I am Captain Liris of the SS Inspiration. You must be Picard.”

Picard and Data looked out at the twenty men who were completely covered in white armour, and then at the man who had spoken who was dressed in a grey they would come to recognise instantly. Behind him were two men stood in deep black.

“I am Picard.”

“Perhaps you would like to come and talk to me? I have much that I wish to discuss with a fellow Captain.”

“Will we be harmed?”

“We? Do you refer to the droid?”

“Lieutenant Commander Data is a valued member of the Fed…”

“If he’s important to you we’ll take good care of him but I am afraid I can’t possibly allow him to accompany us. And did you just say he had a rank? You’ve got droids in your forces?”

“Only myself; I was created by Dr. Sung, and I was the only one of my kind made.”

“Good for you. Now if you would care to follow these gentlemen they will find you something else to do. Captain Picard will you follow me?”

The slight twitching of weapons from the 20 assembled troops seemed to assure Captain Picard that this was a rhetorical question.

“Inquisitor the Space Marines have agreed to not interfere but they made a condition.” Commissioner Bryant walked towards Inquisitor Bastalek Grim.

“I guessed as much.” Grim answered. “I think I know what it is. Get the shuttle open.”

The men with laser cutters began on opposite sides of the shuttles main door and cut away at the two sides. The door came clanging down and inside was one man and two women. Numerous troops climbed in before the three of them could react.

“Hey, we surrender!” William Riker shouted.

“I know.” Commissioner Bryant stepped forward pulling out his bolter and checking it was loaded.

All three of them were dragged from the shuttle by 3 men each despite the fact that one of the large men would likely have been sufficient.

“Bring that one forward.” Bryant checked the auspex one last time to check.

Deanna Troi was dragged forward and thrown to the ground by the men. Bryant put his foot on her stomach and shot her once in the head.

“You barbairian!” Riker shouted.

“Are you going to answer all of my questions or do I need to deal with you forcefully? We just saved you from a corruption, you should be grateful.” Inquisitor Grim approached him and looked him in the eye.

Riker spat at him.

“I do hope for your sake you haven’t got any nerve endings.” One of the soldiers holding him muttered.

“And what of you woman? Are you going to co-operate or need I force information from you as well?”

Dr. Crusher remained silent.

“Well I think I’ll go for the one in red first. Take him to where he needs to be for me to begin the questioning. Begin dissecting and transmitting all of the information on that shuttle.”

“Good luck Inquisitor.” Commissioner Bryant offered.

“Believe me that man will break before I am even breaking bones.”

“So, if I understand correctly. The United Federation of Planets is a collection of planets which has a central government on a planet you are refusing to name but from your records appears to be Earth. It has been going for barely a century or two, and you claim is peaceful. Yet in the records it shows considerable animosity between you and a total of at least 6 other powers if not more. You also claim to be Democratic but your economy is strongly geared towards government control which…” Captain Liris was interrupted by Picard.

“We have evolved beyond a desire for material wealth. We seek to better…”

“Describe your quarters Captain. You need not reveal any military information, what possessions have you got around you?”

“Well there is the collection of gold previous Enterprises…”

“Gold being a precious metal?”

“Yes.”

“Continue.”

“My tropical fish…”

“From numerous planets? Difficult to procure?”

“Well, they were quite tricky…”

“Do you have art? Music, poetry?”

“Yes.”

“You listen to music? What do you listen to?”

“Berlioz, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, great classical composers…”

“Did you by these?”

“No.”

“And yet you listen to them?”

“Well… yes.”

"Continue. What do you eat and drink?”

“Well I drink Earl Grey. A kind of tea, hot, black…”

“Always just the way you like it?”

“Well…”

“We know about replicators Captain! Its always just the way you like it?”

“Forty nine degrees celcius…”

“That’s exactly my point!” Captain Liris stood up in satisfaction. “Everything is just the way you like it! So why the desire for material wealth? Of course you are able to devote yourself to the ‘betterment’ of yourselves as you call it when food is ready for you exactly as you would want it! All your little whims and desires taken care of! You’re in material utopia!”

“Now hang on here Captain.” Picard stood up but he was not satisfied, he was angry. “The Federation strives towards utopia for all its people but we are not in utopia. I have fought countless foes to preserve the liberty of the people of the United Federation of Planets…”

“Oh I am not denying it. You cling on to what you can but I maintain Picard that there might be members of your crew who would have traded in their life of so called noble self sacrifice and bravery if it did not attend to their every need! If they could earn more being traders or building monuments or making films they might well have do so!”

“And what of my crew that you killed?”

“We killed none of your crew. You were attacked by whatever is on the otherside, this so called ‘Imperium of Man’ and by some escaped rebels of our galaxy and for that we apologise. I can assure you that those involved will eventually be brought to justice.”

“Does Ensign Nightshade work for you?”

“Don’t know the name.”

“Why did you tractor us in?”

“We need information. A wormhole has appeared that might threaten our entire existence. I don’t think its unreasonable to take a few military steps to try and safeguard our people.”

"And what are your people?”

“The people of the Galactic Republic.”

“So you are all Democratic?”

“Indeed. There is a senate.”

There came a knock on the door.

“Excuse me Sir, but the fleet is here.”

“What’s in it?”

“The Executor Sir. The Death Star is soon to arrive, more importantly Sir, Lord Vader has arrived. He wants to meet with you immediately.”

Picard did not need to Troi to see the alarm in Captain Liris’ face.

“He says that he wishes to congratulate you on capture of some of the potential threat and wants to know how your questioning of the subject goes.”

“I shall go to him immediately.”

“One last question for you Captain,” Picard paused. “If you are a Republic why have you a Lord and why are ships named so menacingly?”

“Lord Vader is a representative of the Supreme Chancellor, his title doesn’t make him a real Lord in the same way as monarchies go. We make warships Captain, ships to defend our people. We want our enemy to understand that there is no mercy to people who attack our people.”

“I see.”

“You may return to your shuttle if you so wish. Do not attempt to leave, our technology outclasses yours in ways you can’t comprehend.”

Looking out of the window Picard saw the Executor.

“I understand.” He mumbled.

“So you’ve never even heard of the Emporer?” Inquisitor Grim demanded of Commander Riker.

Riker slumped forward. He was on his knees with his arms in chains that attached to the floor straining his back. His eyes were stuck open, he was in bright light and a device attached to his head was tapping him on the temple repeatedly and rhythmically though not physically painfully.

“No!” Riker screamed. “Please! On my Earth there is no Emporer! We never saw any Orcs or Demons or Tyranids!”

“And you admit you willingly joined with all of these freaks? These corruptions? You admit that you’re planet willingly allied itself with this heretic ‘Betazoids’ as you call them?”

“Yes. They are a peaceful…”

“They all posses heretically untamed psychic abilities! Are there any other such species with such powers?”

“No…”

“Your lying to me!”

“Yes! The Vulcans! Our co-founders!”

“Co-founders of this heretical cult that spans hundreds of systems! Tell me your military strategy! Your weakness! What else can be found in the hope that your people will be cleansed but not purged! That I can save you from the Space Marines!”

Hope you enjoyed. Next post should be fairly soon. Be sure to check our Mr. Coffee's fanfic if you haven't already done so, its hilarious!

Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

So I guess the Federation is going to ally with the Empire (err, Republic, I guess they're still pretending to be democratic) so as to be protected from being purged by the Imperium. Poor suckers, they have no idea what they're walking into. 8)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

*cackles madly* This, I like.
JADAFETWA
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

So I guess the Federation is going to ally with the Empire (err, Republic, I guess they're still pretending to be democratic) so as to be protected from being purged by the Imperium. Poor suckers, they have no idea what they're walking into
hehe, between a rock and a hard place, federation is in deep shit.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

The Enterprise D sat docked at Deep Space Nine with Geordie LaForge running around it repairing the ship to be battle ready as soon as it could be. The computer core had been damaged by energy eminating from the wormhole that had the Enterprise just as it left leaving all sensor logs, internal and external, irreparably lost.

“Shame.” Thought Eldrack.

Starships were travelling towards Deep Space Nine from all quarters to try and prepare some sort of defence. Eldrack had secured a promotion to Lieutenant due to his actions on the Enterprise. Sisko had also taken him into confidence and they were having a meeting in his ready room with Kira, Jadzia, Chief O’Brien, Odo, Julian Bashier and Geordie La Forge.

“How ready is this station for a fight?” asked Sisko.

“Phasers, photons and quantums. The Dominion have really given incentive to build this station up and we’re ready as we’ll ever be.” Chief O’Brien answered.

“How fit and ready is the Defiant?”

“She’s alive and kicking.” O’Brien confirmed.

“The Enterprise?”

“She took a lot of damage but our crews have got her operating almost at full efficiency.” La Forge sounded impressed with his engineering crew.

“What have Starfleet sent us?” Sisko asked.

“Currently on their way are the USS Excelsior, USS San Fransisco, USS Akira, USS London, USS Sovereign. They’ll be here within a day and another fleet is assembling at Earth.” Dax read from her pad.

“Protect the centre ey?” Kira chuckled.

“I know what you mean,” Eldrack agreed. “Can’t you point out to Starfleet they’re needed here? On Bajor?”

“Starfleet Command feels that a central strike may be attempted…”

“Starfleet loves making Earth more important than Bajor.” Eldrack muttered.

“When I want your opinion Lieutenant I will ask for it.” Sisko chastised him.

“Understood Sir.” Eldrack made exasperated eye contact with Kira.

“The Klingon Empire is also sending a fleet under General Marthok on the Nehg’var.”

“The Nehg’var?” asked Sisko. “That’s barely been built!”

“What happens if we’re boarded?” asked Eldrack.

“Security teams are posted…” Odo began.

“But phasers were useless against them.” Eldrack interrupted. “We need more copies of their weapons.”

“We’re working on that.” Dax said.

“One last issue remains.” Sisko said. “We have a chance of destroying the wormhole. I believe as moral people we need to make up our minds whether to do that or not.”

“The Romulans were going to do something similar and you stopped them. The Dominion seemed an overwhelming force then.” Kira pointed out.

“Surely you can not cut us off from the Prophets?” asked Eldrack.

“The Prophets are not there.” Sisko said.

“How do you know that?” asked Kira.

“They told me they were being taken away. They were weak and could not maintain contact with me.” Sisko said.

“Think back,” Eldrack said reaching out with his telepathic power to procure what knowledge of the prophets he could get. “What exactly did they say? What was the atmosphere like? Had the surroundings changed? This could be critical.”

Sisko obliged and pictured himself back with the prophets; he even closed his eyes. Eldrack smiled inwardly as he learned all he needed to know.

“Bridge to Sisko. There is activity in the wormhole.”

“Yellow alert. All hands to battle stations. Mr. Nightshade, under the circumstances of the loss of the entire Enterprise bridge crew would you take command of the bridge under the overall command of Mr. Laforge?”

“Of course Sir.”

“Kira, Dax, to the Defiant.”

“Aye Sir.”

From the wormhole came 2 separate beacons. Both of very different designs but both transmitting on all channels.

“Put the first one on screen.” Sisko ordered Chief O’Brien.

“Greetings to the United Federation of Planets.” A voice that was calm, assertive yet friendly stated. “After procuring the services of two of your crew members we have decided that you are not a threat to us.”

The image that came up was a symbol that was circular, it was green on a black background. The image changed to a huge room with many flying pods with seemingly millions of different species in each one of them.

“We are a democratic and peaceful people. Our name is the Galactic Republic. We believe that many of our beliefs and goals are the same. We suggest an alliance, and ultimately the United Federation of Planets to be incorporated into the Galactic Republic.”

Images flashed to various different species socialising and laughing with each other.

“To demonstrate our desire for genuine alliance we offer a select team of Federation scientists the chance to meet with some of our scientific minds for them to advance your civilisation upwards. Indeed, you may even have some technologies unknown to us.”

The image changed to huge starships, triangular shapes.

“We also offer you the chance for the Imperial military to help protect your people from the other part of the wormhole, the Imperium of Man. You will have seen their hostile intentions from their transmission which you yourself are receiving.”

The image changed to show the narrator, a seemingly human man of around 45.

“So please. Contact us as soon as you can, together we can safeguard ourselves from the Imperium of Man and learn from each other’s cultures. Please relay to other peoples in your Universe our desire for friendship with them all, so long as they adhere to our morally intolerant, but cultuarally tolerant, standards. This message will be repeated continually. We thank you for your time.”

“Switch to the other message.” Sisko commanded.

“Audio only Sir.”

“Humans. Break free from the shackles of oppression and join the Imperium of Man. Your galaxy will be purged of psychic chaos taints. If you rise up and revolt against the Betazoids, the Vulcans and all other taints then you will be saved. Resist us and defend them with arms and you will be purged. Glory be to the Emporer.”

“Cut transmission.” Sisko sighed.

“I am not offering you the Millennium Falcon,” Boba Fett coolly regarded Jabba the Hutt. “Nor have I got the corpse of Captain Solo. I offer you the carcass of the wookie. Thirty thousand credits to see me on my way.”

“You will not have left something so important to you so far away,” Jabba growled. “And I am offering you one hundred thousand credits for it.”

“I stand to get more from the Imperials.” Boba snarled. “And if I don’t get a reasonable offer soon I may be offended.”

Jabba laughed. “Why should I fear one man? A man who I could have dead with a look?”

“Because I am holding weaponry powerful enough to destroy this whole palace.”

“Tell me where the Millennium Falcon is hidden and you leave with one hundred and thirty thousand credits… and your life.”

“You want to know where the Millennium Falcon is?”

“If I find out. You will stay alive.”

“Oh the Millennium Falcon is close. Very close.”

Boba Fett used his jetpack to fly from the main chamber to the main corridor. The Palace began to rock. Suddenly red laser pulses came from underneath the palace floor killing all those who did not flee fast enough. Jabba pressed a button and a shield was raised as his podium moved, slowly at first, then quicker to get to a ship. It was then that the Millennium Falcon burst through the floor then the ceiling, eventually bursting out of the top of the palace. Boba Fett reached the door just as the Slave I blasted it down, he leapt on to the remotely controlled ship reaching the controls just as Jabba’s personal guard came car erring towards his beloved ship firing shots. The Millennium Falcon made its way into space to jump to hyperspace to a pre-arranged location.

The Slave I spun wildly to avoid the crafts that belonged to Jabba the Hutt, a combination of make shift freighters, some Z-95s – just like X-Wings but without two of the weapons, one or two cruisers and some Imperial fighters.

Wait… Imperials?

Boba Fett was surprised to see how quickly the Imperials had responded to this disturbance of the peace, especially on an outlying province. Only one thing to do here.

Go straight for the Imperials.

As predicted shots aimed for his vessel hit Imperial ships and they began to fire at his pursuers in retribution. He was going to get away with this very easily. One of Jabba’s cruisers, before surrendering to the Imperials, sent a bad laser shot which struck a TIE Fighter which careered into the already damaged Slave I.

Boba Fett desperately tried to get the ship back under control. He was failing, he grabbed Luke and Leia and lowered the ramp. As they got close to hitting the ground he grabbed hold of them and jumped from the Slave I towards the uninviting desert.

“You really had better be part of the bounty.” Boba Fett sighed.

Eldrack Nightshade was on board the executor. He could feel Darth Vader right outside of the pod that they were preparing to break into.

“Perfect.” Eldrack smiled opening the hatch and doing a forward roll out lighting up the lightsaber he had procured from Luke and taking out one of the rifles he had stolen from the millennium falcon.

“Halt!” Vader shouted lighting his red lightsaber and gesturing at Eldrack.

Now it was strong. The menace, the promise and his own fear; overpowering.

“Who are you?” asked Vader.

“I have come to show you the way Anakin Skywalker.” Eldrack smiled. “And offer you many gifts.”

“What gifts?” asked Vader ignoring the use of his old name.

“Well, first of all. Your old lightsaber.” Eldrack threw it in the air and Vader caught the handle, blade still buzzing. “And I was going to bring you your son and daughter but there were complications.”

“My son? My daughter?” asked Vader.

“Yes, charming young sorts. Weak minded at the moment but they’ve got potential. I am here to re-establish the Jedi order and make you more powerful than you have been allowed to be under the Emporer. Under my scheme, you will be Emporer with your son and daughter and all I ask for in return is war. War on the Imperium of Man.”

By this point there were many stormtroopers looking around to see what they should do about this open treason. There were around 20, all aiming their weapons at Eldrack though some were considering trying to arrest Lord Vader.

“Release your power. Not your anger, hate or fear. Release power and chaos.” Eldrack cooed. “And kill all of them. We’ll take your shuttle for a spin.”

In a single motion Vader swung his hand causing the force to throw the stormtroopers around the docking bay. Before they could get up Eldrack and Vader were upon them. Blue and red blades cleaving them to pieces, Eldrack’s rifle piercing their chests or unknown wide red beams coming from Eldrack’s outstretched hand frying their minds.

“What of the Emporer?” asked Vader.

“He will be turned. Or he will be destroyed.” Eldrack smiled at what he had stolen, words that would no longer be uttered by Palpatine but by him.

“Yes, my master.”

They made their way onto the Shuttle and the doors swung open, a combination of Vader’s master of the force and Eldrack’s mastery of psychic powers.

“Shuttle. You do not have permission to leave!” yelled a voice over the intercom.

“We do not need it.” Vader growled.

“Of course, my apologies Lord V…” the man never reached the end of his sentence.

“Good. Good.”

Does this meet with the approval of the readers? Hopefully can get next update in tonight.