Check out this WH40K fic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

technomage
Padawan Learner

Check out this WH40K fic

Post by technomage »

I found this gem over on FanFiction.net. Warhammer 40,000 & Star Trek TNG, of all possible crossovers, and it's not wankoff crap, either. This guy is actually researching the backgrounds and source material, and came up with a believeable way to cross them over as well. Throw in decent-to-good writing, and I felt it should be mentioned over here.

Elsewhen, and Elsewhere
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

You know, it constantly amazes me that theres no rating system over at fanfic.net, the reviews are useless and don't function as a search criteria and you can't even sort by views.

EDIT: Just finished it (Till chap 21), damn it's very good.
Would the Enterprises full payload really reduce the shields by 5%, I would think that the damage would be lower. :?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

Methinks the Enterprise carries more powerful weapons than mere 64mt photon torpedos, OTOH they're probably unaware of how quickly void shields regenerate.
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Just read that fic. I have to say Wow. the character interactions and storyline is amazing. Very nicely built up. I like the insight into the thoughts of the Romulan, Federation and wh40k characters.
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

I really, really liked that. It seems to me that a crossover between ST & 40K is not too far of a stretch, as both supposedly take place in "our" universe, just at different times.

What I hate is when I get into a story, am loving every moment of it, and then realize after reading the 'last' chapter that the story is not finished yet. Starcrossed and this story are perfect examples of this.

>Sigh<

I guess I will just have to wait for the author to finish it.
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I keep up with that one. First really good 40K/anything crossover I've read so far.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!