[40k][Humor] A Galaxy United (one-off)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Duken
Youngling

[40k][Humor] A Galaxy United (one-off)

Post by Duken »

As I sit here, writing this memoir, the servitors and other attendants monitor my vital signs so that I may finish this tale before I expire. After that, my fate will be the same as the lowest grunt in the Imperial Army. The rippers will take my biomass to the local digestion pool where it will be used to make another body for the cause. While I (nor anybody but the Mind) have no say in what my mass will be used for, the Mind has taken to using the remains of the best in the biggest monstrosities. Rumor has it that this practice came from the boyz, who insisted to anyone who would listen that it improved the performance of the creature. The cybernetic parts will go to the Mekanicus for re-issue; my uniform will be issued to a new trooper in the army, and my medals will be stored on the Remembrance until someone has proved themselves worth of them. Those medals, along with some records and this memoir will be all the physical things I leave behind when depart this body and join Him.

100 Terran Years ago
Braccus V, Storage Center of the Adeptus Munitorum

We’re the walking dead. Astropath Shifrit has been trying to summon help but his negative reports have dwindled while screams of pain and gibbering about a dark shadow have beein increasing. I hope his death is from an Ork weapon or a merciful las round then whatever is causing the pain; he was a good man for a spook.

“Their coming again.” The clipped tone of Sergeant Dramon enters my ear from the vox bead. “Fall back and regroup at the third checkpoint” was my reply as I headed toward the exit of the command room turned field hospital. Even the wounded were armed, even if it was only with knives and entrenching tools. Again I thanked the xenos for killing our Commissar. His forward only attitude had gotten many of us killed, until he forwarded into a Ork’s crude flamethrower.

Dramon slid around the corner to our reinforced, and last, barricade. Dents appeared in the walls and floor around him as the filthy xenos failed to kill him. As he dived over the barrier, the first one stuck his head around the corner, only to have it blasted off his muscular shoulders. More came, more than we could handle. They didn’t fire their guns, instead ran toward us waving their big axes. As they reached the barrier the world seemed to slow. I watched the sharpened chunk of metal hurl toward my head.

Suddenly, I was looking up at the Nob who had tried to kill me. He growled at me, “Urry up ya ponzie umie. Didn’t even hit ya.” I groaned, this exercise had been Warboss Chopshot’s idea in the first place, now here I am told to get a move on. Apparently, I didn’t get up fast enough as a hand bigger than my head reached down and grabbed my flak armor. “You boyz are stronger than us. You won. But I need to check on Shifrit and the wounded now.” Turning, I headed back toward the hospital when I heard a thump and an order to get a Dok in to help with the umies.
Shifrit was on the floor, his earplugs on the table. I gently nudged him with my boot. His voice was distant and different. The replay as he got up seemed to come from down a tunnel. “We will take care of the planet and transportation. Notify the local commander that the ships will be landing in approximately two hours.” Great. Although I had never ridden on a Xenos ship before, I really didn’t care what the transportation was. We would fight for the greater good of the galaxy.

------

By now you have probably heard of before the uniting. How the galaxy was at constant war with itself. I can’t imagine how we ever could fight each other. I know it happened but I cannot comprehend what would drive us to do such a thing. All across the galaxy men, creatures, iron men, aliens of all kinds mover toward the hole in space. Demons rift holes into the immaterium, forcefully dragging a ship through the currents to the destination. Tau ships were joined by psykers to speed the trip. Necrons moved whole armies across the galaxy in two steps. The Adeptus Mechanicus communicated with the Mekboys, Earth Caste, Bonesingers, and more. The knowledge gained was put to new ships, all of witch were painted red. The Emperors Avatars strode forth, shoulder to shoulder with the Avatars of the Warp Gods. All to protect our galaxy from the intruders.