EU: NR propaganda about Palpatine?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

The tree above the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah is part of species called gnarl trees. That's their regular appearence.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Really? Interesting...
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

starwars.com wrote:Years ago, a group of Jedi in the neighboring Bpfasshi star system went rogue and succumbed to the dark side. Jedi Masters were sent to stop the Dark Jedi insurrection, and one of the fallen Jedi escaped to Dagobah. There in the swamps, the Jedi Master Yoda and the Bpfasshi Dark Jedi fought a terrible battle. The Dark Jedi was killed, and the local flora absorbed his twisted energies.
starwars.com wrote:Another tale of Yoda's past involves stopping a swath of destruction cut by Dark Jedi from Bpfassh. One of these dark siders had gotten as far as Dagobah, were Yoda bested him in direct confrontation. The Bpfasshi Jedi died, his dark Force absorbing into and twisting a nearby tree -- forming a dark side nexus. It is believed that Yoda chose Dagobah as his hiding place due to the dark side energies emanating from the tree. From a distance, Force-users like the Emperor would not detect Yoda since the master's bright light side presence would be canceled by the Bpfasshi dark side presence.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

What entries are those from? I'm guessing "Expanded Universe," "Yoda"?

The whole "dark side presence cancels out light side presence" so that Yoda could "hide" was a really cool I idea I thought, but it seems unnecessary, considering what we've seen about force users hiding in the prequels (namely Palpatine with the Jedi Council on Coruscant, and the fact that Obi-Wan was able to hide with Luke on Anakin's home planet for years).
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Kurgan wrote:What entries are those from? I'm guessing "Expanded Universe," "Yoda"
Both EU. Dagobah and Yoda.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Kurgan wrote:I bet Palpy says "I'm pure evil" (complete with pinky to lip motion) in Episode III and everyone just laughs, 'cause he has them all in his power.
:lol:
"That's *Emperor* Evil to you. I didn't spend 20 freakin' years in galactic politics for nothing, you know"
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
vakundok
Jedi Knight

Post by vakundok »

Kurgan wrote:Ok, thanks.

Maybe the "dark side degeneration" thing is the NR (Jedi) propaganda?

(I can see it now: "Don't turn to the Dark Side, it'll give you wrinkles!")
When he arrives to the DS2, the RotJ novelisation describes him as a small man wasted by age and evil. Or something similar.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Guys...just wee bit of Necromancy?

Locked.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete