Star Trek: Timelines (Alternate universe TNG-period)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Yay, even more stuff, and huzzah for l337 h4x0r CMOs :D
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Whoa, lots of head trips.

Steve, I like the way you cut your scenes. You seem to squeeze every last bit of detail you can from them and then cut away just before it starts to drag.

And now we have a mysterious figure talking to someone who's not there...hmmm. Can't wait to see more of this guy. :)
JADAFETWA
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Kuja wrote:And now we have a mysterious figure talking to someone who's not there...hmmm. Can't wait to see more of this guy. :)
Muwahahaha :twisted:
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I would've been first post, but i forgot my password and ended up kicked outta of my account for 15 minutes.

*awsome story, i like where this is going...
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

phongn wrote:
Kuja wrote:And now we have a mysterious figure talking to someone who's not there...hmmm. Can't wait to see more of this guy. :)
Muwahahaha :twisted:
Hey, that's my line! :(
:P
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Kuja wrote:
phongn wrote:Muwahahaha :twisted:
Hey, that's my line! :(
:P
No, it's not. "Bwahaha" is your line. Your location even says so. :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia wrote:No, it's not. "Bwahaha" is your line. Your location even says so. :P
Tomato, tomoto. :P
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Kuja wrote:Tomato, tomoto. :P
Whatev, babe. I still win. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Epilogue - Now let's pray that the formatting works.

Post by Steve »

Epilogue

Located near the French Quarter of New Orleans, Sisko's Bistro was a favored dining spot for the locals. Tonight, they got treated to a larger show, that of a crowd of Starfleet officers from the Enterprise who were in one of Joe Sisko's side rooms drinking a great number of things. Most of them were in uniform. A few, though, were not; O'Keefe had come in a nice shirt and khaki pants, and Parker could see Jobrie in the corner wearing a strapless red evening gown showing her spotline down to the shoulders where it turned down her body. She had her arm crooked around a junior doctor from Sickbay and a wide smile on her face.
Ben Sisko emerged from the kitchen with a few side dishes, wearing a cook's uniform opposed to a Starfleet one. His son Jake trailed behind him with another side dish. They brought the dishes to the large table that stood in the center of the room. Sisko took the time to kiss his wife Jennifer on the cheek and pat her growing belly before returning to the kitchen.
Parker was watching the entire assemblage from the corner of the room. Carter was seated with Phong and Razmara, carrying on a conversation, while Dalke was chatting with his senior Engineering Mates and Hamblin.
O'Keefe returned from restroom and walked up to Parker. "Looks like a lively place tonight, huh Captain?"
"Oh, it does," Parker agreed. "So, that cute girl turned you down, huh?"
There was a dissatisfied expression on the younger man's face. "The night's still young."
"Well, go get 'em, tiger." Parker watched O'Keefe walk back out to mingle with some of the people waiting to be seated. He watched Sisko emerge again with more dishes, with Jake on his heels still, and set them on the table. This time he didn't return to the kitchen and instead walked toward Parker. "Looks good, Ben. You've already got my stomach growling."
"Oh, it's not done yet." Parker could swear there were two stars in Sisko's eyes, they way they were lighting up. "No no no, we still have the souffles and the...."
"You look like a kid, Ben."
There was an expression of mock horror in Sisko's face. "Never insult a man's calling," he chided Parker mockingly. "Cooking is in the Sisko family blood."
"I already knew that."
"So..." Sisko looked back at the table. Jennifer took the challenging role of keeping prying hands away from the dishes, giving a quick slap to an erring hand from Commander Dalke and glaring down some of the junior officers eyeing the table. "The Enterprise. You're one hell of a lucky man, Adrian."
"Well, we all have luck in our own way, Ben. Another baby on the way?"
Sisko nodded. "Yes. We're going to name him after my father if it's a boy, and after Jennifer's mother if it's a girl."
"Ah, one of the couples that doesn't like finding out the sex before birth, huh?" Parker grinned. "Make sure to tell me when she's due, I'll have that buddy of mine in Havana send you a box of cigars."
"He'll be shipping them an awful long way..."
Noticing the tone to Sisko's voice, Parker asked, "What's wrong, Ben?"
"Still getting used to the idea of a new assignment." Sisko crossed his arms. "Operations decided the Saratoga's going to cost too much to upgrade. They're sending her to the scrap yard."
"My condolences."
"Yes, well, everyone on board is moving up. Chakotay is getting his own command, that new ship that Planitia's designed, the Voyager. He's going to take her out for shakedown runs next year. She's some kind of new explorer ship, even has a new warp propulsion system using configurable nacelles." A smirk crossed his face. "Those damned engineers are always coming up with new toys."
"Oh, they are." A young Caucasian woman with a Cajun accent stepped up and offered them drinks. Parker took a glass of wine but Sisko didn't bother. Parker sipped at the rich wine for a moment, recognizing it as Chateau Picard. "So, where are you going to go?"
"Since I can't go back to Saratoga and there weren't exactly any choice postings available, I asked Starfleet to let me take a position where I could have Jennifer and Jake with me. They offered me a frontier posting out at Bajor. That rickety old Cardassian space station they christened Deep Space Nine."
"Bajor's not that close."
"No, but at least it's not out near Thallonian space or, heaven forbid, G'kkau." Sisko shrugged. "The station's safe for families, I'm told. So I figure there's no harm in heading out there for a year or two until Starfleet finds me a bigger ship."
"Yeah, that's a good idea. You're probably good for an Akira at the very least. Though I hear they're going to be bringing a new line of modernized Excelsior."
"We'll have to see."
Parker nodded. After a moment of looking around, he asked Sisko, "So, have you see Larrisa? I know she was coming down."
"That blonde Edo girl they assigned to you? Not yet." Sisko checked the clock. "Ah, the roast is probably done now. Let me go get that and the jumbalaya."
Parker nodded and watched Sisko go back into the kitchen. Razmara walked up, having come from the outside floors of the bistro. She was in full uniform, jacket included. "In uniform tonight, Commander?"
"Best thing that fit the occasion," she replied. "You're in uniform too, I see."
"Couldn't think of anything better." Parker heard a commotion in the other room and walked in to see all of the civilians staring at Data in his full uniform, holding a massive box.
"Captain, I apologize for being...."
"Data! Come here." Parker waved him over into the side room. When Data got into the room he had him set the case down and out of the way and opened it. It was a cooler, set to keep the contents rather cold. They were glass bottles - Glass! Like out of some holovid in the 20th Century! - and filled with a thick golden fluid. Parker reached into one and pulled it out. The markings, while Human, were in a European language he didn't know, but he didn't need that to read the title. "Bilzen Brewery?" A wide grin crossed his face. "Been years since I had this. Oh, Vanbeginne has outdone himself this time."
He turned to watch Data take a seat beside Jennifer Sisko. Data did not wait and immediately reached for a roll. Jennifer, as she had done with everyone else, smacked him on the hand. However, it was she who made a yelp of pain. She reached for her hand and rubbed it. "What are you made of?"
Parker cringed when Data began to rattle off the precise nature of his construction. The android was going to take quite a bit of work. However, he soon gained the attention of Jennifer's son. Jake quickly left his mother's side and began bombarding Data with all sorts of questions. Parker now had to smile, wondering which would win out first; Data's compulsive need to share unnecessary information or Jake's compulsive need to ask for it?
Sisko was coming out with the jumbalaya and gumbo when Parker heard another hubbub in the main dining room. O'Keefe was standing nearby and his jaw nearly dropped from surprise. Parker walked over and quite nearly dropped his jaw as well.
Larrisa entered the Bistro wearing a sparkling black evening gown, an appropriate thing when one considered the sparkles resembling stars on black space. It was cut below her shoulders, with two thin straps rising up from where the gown covered her cleavage - it revealed only the beginning of the split between her breasts - and wrapped around the back of her neck. The gown bared her upper back as well, but that was all it showed; it flowed down over her waist and legs, hiding her legs and the curve of her posterior. She was not wearing high-heels but rather flat-heeled shoes that matched her dress perfectly. Diamond earrings, adorned with the Edo words for light and love, hung from her ears and added to her sparkling appearance. Her blonde hair was free and curly, flowing over her shoulders and halfway down her back. Her lips were a bright and sexy red color. Larrisa looked more like a diva than a military officer.
This marked the second time that Parker felt his mental image of Larrisa change. He had first seen her in a sex club, tied to the ceiling and having sex with two men, and that had made him think her a typical Edo. Then he had seen her in uniform, professional and disciplined, and his image of Larrisa changed to that of her being a Starfleet officer.
Larrisa, as should have been obvious he now realized, was not just an Edo or a Starfleet officer; she was a woman and a very beautiful one at that. This fact seemed obvious but Parker, in his haste, had never actually thought of Larrisa as one. She was, to him, an Edo and a Starfleet officer. But he never considered her in the sense that she was a woman. However, dressed as she was now, that fact was undeniable; Larrisa possessed all of the feminine grace and dignity that womanhood bestowed. She seemed to glide across the room, but did not get far. Somehow, Joseph Sisko appeared beside her and offered her his arm. "Welcome to Sisko's, young lady. Would you like me to show you to a table?"
"I already have one." Larrisa looked up at Parker, who was doing quite well hiding any surprise at her appearance out of uniform.
Joe Sisko noticed Parker and the looks they were exchanging. "Ah, you're from the Enterprise. Well, young lady, follow me."
Parker stepped back into the side dining room and gave Joe Sisko and Larrisa a wide berth. All eyes turned toward them, particularly male eyes, which were lingering as she took a seat beside Data. Joe Sisko offered her a drink and she chose one of the wines on his menu after consulting with him on them. Jennifer and Larrisa began introductions to each other and concerning Jake, Larrisa ignoring the eyes still peering her way once and a while. Parker finally sat down near her, waiting for her to finish with Jennifer. When she did, he asked her, "Where did you get that dress?"
"It was a gift," she replied. "A friend of the family, you might say. He gave it to me when I graduated from the Academy." She touched one of the earrings. "And these were my mother's."
"It's, well, stunning."
"Thank you sir." Larrisa looked around at everyone, smiling. Joe Sisko returned from the kitchen with a bottle and a glass and poured her a drink. Larrisa sipped at the rich red liquid and set it back down. "Looking at everyone I guess I should have worn the uniform."
A half-dozen dissenting voices rose up. Razmara sat down on the opposite end of the table and shook her head. "Don't worry about it, Larrisa."
"Exactly what I was going to say." Parker stood back up and walked to the head of the table, where the Siskos had insisted he sit. As he arrived, the last dishes came out, including a large pot roast. A second, Parker had been told, was on the way, just to feed all of the fifty officers in attendance. The main table and a smaller one was nearly filled with a number of side dishes. A pair of Joe Sisko's waitresses helped to re-fill everyone's glasses. Sisko himself, having seen Jake off to his bedroom for the night, returned to take a seat between Jennifer and Parker. Before anyone could make a grab at the food, Parker rose to his feet, gathering the attention of the senior crew at the table and the other officers scattered around this side room and the balcony. When all fifty were in the side room or at the doorways, Parker looked around him and picked up his glass of Chateau Picard. "Ladies and gentlemen, I propose a toast. This past week, we've had an honor that is probably unrivaled in the annals of Starfleet. We get to say that yes, we served about the Starship Enterprise. We brought her out and back again in one piece." Parker looked down into the glass for a moment. "Just a week ago, I had half of Starfleet wanting to wring my neck. I had been taken from my ship and sent back to Earth for re-assignment to, well, God knows where some of the Admiralty wanted to send me; probably some place unpleasant, like the Embassy on Quo'noS." A roar of laughter came from all the assembled save Data, who looked around at the others. "But now I'm Captain of the Enterprise. That's a big leap, and I couldn't have done it without you. I can't tell you how much it honors me to know that I've got a crew like you to back me up." Parker raised his glass, prompting the others to do the same. "To the men and women of the Starship Enterprise; past, present, and future. And to the Enterprise herself. May we all keep that name proud and true. To the Enterprise!"
And the others responded.
"To the Enterprise!"
And as the dinner began, and everyone received their plates, Parker could not help but consider again the voice inside his head. The voice that insisted that the Enterprise transcended what she had been built for. She would not be content with her mission. She couldn't be. She had a mission of her own...
And the words of that mission still echoed.

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her continuing mission to explore strange new worlds... to seek out new life and new civilizations...
To boldly go where no one has gone before....

The End.... for now

*cues the End Credits from any of the Goldsmith-scored Trek movies, credits roll*
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Bill Door
Padawan Learner

Post by Bill Door »

Now that is some good trek. I'm looking forward to the next one.
For example, suppose I wrote a book that within 30 years of the moon landing millions of people could be duped by bad science and endless hectoring into believing that it didn't happen... nah, can't do that, too unbelievable for a fantasy novel, right?--Terry Pratchett, The new Discworld Companion
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

outstanding!

and complete! Someone actually finished a story! wonders never cease.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

That was excellent, but I'm sad that it's over.

Please, sir, may we have s'more? :D
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

The Waaaiting is the Hardest part...
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Good closer, though sad that it had to come so soon.

And Bill, this is in no way good Trek. It's great Trek.
JADAFETWA
Bill Door
Padawan Learner

Post by Bill Door »

Kuja wrote:And Bill, this is in no way good Trek. It's great Trek.
I stand corrected. And rightly so.
For example, suppose I wrote a book that within 30 years of the moon landing millions of people could be duped by bad science and endless hectoring into believing that it didn't happen... nah, can't do that, too unbelievable for a fantasy novel, right?--Terry Pratchett, The new Discworld Companion
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

To indulge in a little fun exercise, this is the ideal "cast" of a Timelines show as it's in my head now. Sadly, there are only three people in mind:

Michael T. Weiss (Jarod from "The Pretender") as Capt. Adrian Parker

Catherine Bell (Sarah MacKenzie from "JAG") as Cmdr. Sophia Razmara

Amy Smart (she was one of the cadets in Starship Troopers, was also in the bad Tom Greene movie "Road Trip) as Lt. Larrisa.

And that's it. Don't have any good actors/actresses in line for the other characters. Naturally, for those from the actual shows, I'd want the initial actors/actresses back, though that would be problematic at best since about 13-14 years have passed since the 4th season of TNG aired.

Got any good ideas for the other characters?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Soulman
Padawan Learner

Post by Soulman »

Col. Crackpot wrote:outstanding!

and complete! Someone actually finished a story! wonders never cease.
It's a good format for fanfics, shortish self-contained episodes but still with the opportunity for longer story arcs.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

How about Michelle Rodriguez as Sharon Carter? She strikes me as having attitude enough.
JADAFETWA
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Hmm...well, I like the story, and your characterizations are compelling, but there are several aspects of it I'm not too keen on (which I'll share with you over ICQ).

By all means, though, continue.
JMS 4:22 | Image