How Stravo Got His Groove Back

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Kuja wrote:CYRAN: I'm always up for a little Kuja-bashing.
And I do it every day that I manage to catch him online...

I thought the best part though was the Stravo knocking and asking the question thing. Very... short, though.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Captain_Cyran wrote:And I do it every day that I manage to catch him online...

I thought the best part though was the Stravo knocking and asking the question thing. Very... short, though.
That's because it's only the first part.
JADAFETWA
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Haha, loved it. Nice chapter.

Kuja-bashing > All. :D
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Is this fic resuraected?
WHOOO!
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Part42B: The Solution

*open up on KUJA marching down a hallway, firing his shotguns into anything that moves. The rest of the group follows*

ZAIA: This is his plan? Shoot everyone before they shoot him?

DALTON: It seems to be working so far.

*KUJA reaches a door and cautiously opens it. A sudden volley of lead comes pouring out, and he ducks aside. He tries again, and another volley comes out. He sheathes his shotguns and walks back to the group*

CYRAN: Now what?

KUJA: Give me your bag.

*KUJA rummages through the bag for a moment, then pulls out a long string of plastic explosives*

STRAVO: What are you-

*he trails off as KUJA begins wrapping the explosives around himself*

ZAIA: What are you, nuts?

KUJA: Just taking a page from the boys in PLO.

ZAIA: But THEY'RE nuts!

KUJA: Can't argue with that.

*HIT-MAN nods solemnly*

ZAIA: Don't encourage him!

KUJA: Z, sometimes a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. This…is probably not one of those times.

CYRAN: Then why the hell-

KUJA: Sh, kid. Maybe someday, when you're a little older, you'll understand.

*he ruffles CYRAN'S hair*

CYRAN: Kuja, you're not even three years older than me.

DALTON: Kuj, you can't die. Who's going to ghost-write the GSDAs to get me out of hot water?

KUJA: That was Chuck.

DALTON: Oh, right. Never mind then.

STRAVO: Man, it's going to be lonely being the only guy with the hordes of fanfic lovers screaming after him.

KUJA: I'm sure you'll handle it somehow.

*a macho handshake*

KUJA: El Tee...torture a world to death for me, will ya?

LT: I'll make em wish their grandmas were never born!

KUJA: That's my Hit-Man.

ZAIA: Kuja...

KUJA: Zaia, one last thing?

ZAIA: What?

*he grabs her and plants one right on her lips*

ZAIA: You pervert.

KUJA: Damn right!

*he takes off running. CUT TO: the next room. Over a dozen men hold assault rifles on the door*

KUJA: Jesus loves you! Therefore, he shall smite you down! ALLAH ACKBAR!

MAN: Wha-

*KUJA bursts in*

KUJA: I DON'T REGRET A WHOLE LOT!

*he sets off the explosives. CUT TO: outside the building. The explosion erupts through the windows and debris begins falling towards the street, as well as aliens*

CAPTAIN: MECHAGODZILLA! HELP ME!

*MECHAGODZILLA makes a dive for the CAPTAIN, arm outstretched. Miraculously, he gets his hand under the falling CAPTAIN. Unfortunately, steel's not much softer than blacktop. With his controls gone, MECHAGODZILLA stands there like a dumbass. CUT TO: the room. The group bursts in*

ZAIA: Kuja!

CYRAN: Kuj?

*a scorched Black Mage hat slowly floats down from the ceiling into ZAIA'S arms*

ZAIA: Oh Kuja...oh Kuja, why? WHY?!

DALTON: Zaia?

ZAIA: What?

DALTON: 42.

ZAIA: Forty-two?

STRAVO: Yeah, Z. 42.

ZAIA: I don't-

LT: *solemnly* 42, Zaia. 42.

ZAIA: But-

CYRAN: Just 42, Zaia. It'll be alright.

ZAIA: Thanks, guys.
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Aww, I'm almost sad at the end there.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Odd, yet funny at the sametime.

Kuja go boom! *Dons a black mage outfit and replaces Kuj* :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

"And then he exploded"

*generic terrorist accent* Now observe closely class, as Kuja can only do this once.

Hey, would this be an appropriate time for Kuja to be reborn in a metal body, with the name of... IG-88E? :D
jairyn_1
Padawan Learner
Location: OMFG!!!!11! Teh b00bees!!!!! 1111oneoneshift+one 111!11oneeleven

Post by jairyn_1 »

If I didn't know better, I'd ask what crack you're smoking.
+++ ISARMA + BotM + Ubiqtorate + CotK: [mew]+++

ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Join or die...
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

And why you aren't sharing. :D
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

consequences wrote:And why you aren't sharing. :D
Well, of course.. provided he were smoking it in the first place.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Ravenwing
Padawan Learner

Post by Ravenwing »

verilon wrote:
consequences wrote:And why you aren't sharing. :D
Well, of course.. provided he were smoking it in the first place.
if you could write that straight then what would it be like if you WERE on something? :D
Image"Iv got little devils running round the place eating socks and pencils, earlier tonight we sobered up someone who thinks hes a god of hangovers and half my wizards are trying to cheer up the cheerful fairy." -Terry pratchett, the hogfather
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Damn straight 42...

The Allah Ackbar was cool. And why didn't I get to play with all the pretty explosives... And how did we all survive firey death from you setting off that many explosives in a building.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Aya wrote:Odd, yet funny at the sametime.

Put the hat down, and maybe I won't turn you into a pile of ashes, and then turn those ashes into ashes. :twisted:
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Captain_Cyran wrote:

Put the hat down, and maybe I won't turn you into a pile of ashes, and then turn those ashes into ashes. :twisted:
Bah! *Dons red suit and hat instead*

My hat gives me +5 to my cool rating. :D
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Aya wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:

Bah! *Dons red suit and hat instead*

My hat gives me +5 to my cool rating. :D
Mo' like a +5 to your dork rating.

*Gets out a pen and paper* +5 to dork rating, that's a good one...
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Your +10 to gayness dwarfs my dork rating. :P
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Aya wrote:Your +10 to gayness dwarfs my dork rating. :P
*extremely cold and deadly voice*

I'm sorry...what did you just say?
JADAFETWA
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

KUJA: Jesus loves you! Therefore, he shall smite you down! ALLAH ACKBAR
Not only did you kill me, you STOLE MY LINE! :evil: Thief, murderer, pervert, heathen, traitor, and an assortment of other bad things! :twisted: Don't forget sucide bomber, too.

Hopefully, the next chapter is "Kuja goes to hell," where I find him, and have a very long...erm....talk. :twisted:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

fgalkin wrote:Not only did you kill me, you STOLE MY LINE! :evil: Thief, murderer, pervert, heathen, traitor, and an assortment of other bad things! :twisted: Don't forget sucide bomber, too.

Hopefully, the next chapter is "Kuja goes to hell," where I find him, and have a very long...erm....talk. :twisted:
Don't tempt me. :twisted:
JADAFETWA
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Kuja wrote:
fgalkin wrote:Not only did you kill me, you STOLE MY LINE! :evil: Thief, murderer, pervert, heathen, traitor, and an assortment of other bad things! :twisted: Don't forget sucide bomber, too.

Don't tempt me. :twisted:
Go ahead, thief. I will be victorious. For Mother Russia!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Yeah! Then the story won't be over like it might be now!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

fgalkin wrote:
Not only did you kill me, you STOLE MY LINE! :evil: Thief, murderer, pervert, heathen, traitor, and an assortment of other bad things! :twisted: Don't forget sucide bomber, too.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Is it necessary to point out his being a Black Mage...?
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
NO! Kuja is NOT allowed to take over hell before me damnit. If he gets it first all MY fun when I take over is gonna be fuckin' ruined...
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

OK folks, I've got bad news and good news.

Bad news first: we have reached what might (note the use of the word 'might') be the end for Groove. To be frank, writing humor is fun, but doing it over and over is getting repetitve and stale. In short: I'm tired of writing it. This fanfic's been going for nearly a year now and I have a strong desire to write something other than goofy humor. I realized this when I picked up my long-since-updated FFIX fic and blazed through nearly fifteen pages in Word in less than a day.

The good news: don't think of this as a permanent end. I have simply chosen to stop writing Groove, and while that desire may be strong now, it's entirely possible that at some point in the future I'll want to return to writing it. In fact, I actually have several more chapters on my hard drive, but I felt that this was a good point to say goodbye, even if it is only a leave of absence.

So Groove fans, it's been a blast, and I'm glad you all enjoyed reading it so much. But all good things come to an end, and I need to move on.

But, far be it from me to leave you completely empty-handed, so here's one last goof for all of you.

An orc walks into a tavern full of humans and notices a jar full of gold coins sitting on the bar. He goes up to the barkeep and says "hey. What gold coins for?"

The barkeep says "well, there's a mule tied up in the back room, and nobody can get him to laugh, so we've got a pool going. Whoever gets the mule to laugh gets all of it."

The orc thinks for a second, then deposits a single coin in the jar and walks into the back room. A few moments later, loud whoops of mule-laughter erupt. The orc walks out looking smug, takes the jar, and leaves without saying a word.

A week later, the orc comes back to the tavern and notices two things. First, the mule is still laughing. Second, there's an even bigger jar of gold coins on the bar. So, the orc walks up and says "hey. Why new jar of gold?"

"Well," the barkeep says, "Ever since you came in here last week, we can't get that mule to stop laughing. So, we've got a new pool for whoever can get him to shut up."

The orc promptly drops another gold coin in the jar and walks into the back. After a few moments, the laughter stops and the bar is filled with stone-cold silence. The orc comes back out looking even more smug than last time.

"Okay, I've gotta know," the barkeep says. "How the hell did you do that?"

"Last week, I told mule I have bigger dick than him," the orc replies. "This week, I show him."
JADAFETWA