What's your level of Education?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

How far along the production line that is our educational system have you gone?

Grade School Graduate
No votes
Some High School
13%
High School Graduate
10%
Some College
40%
College Graduate
21%
Some Grad School
4%
Finished Graduate School
3%
I'm Going to Castrate U.
8%

Total votes: 112

ukamikazu
Youngling

Post by ukamikazu »

BA Philosophy, UTA 1999. I tried to take some postgrad courses but I got fed up with it because it was a very long and arduous indoctrination into Postmodernism and all the ills that it brings outside of Literature, where it belongs.

I'm seriously considering taking the last 12 hours and turning in a thesis I've had sitting around for sometime, now. I just seem to lack the energy or interest anymore, and of course the money which is a big thing but not so much of a consideration.
But I figure with all the downtime I've had lately it would be something to do, something to have a sense of accomplishment about.

Now what I'd like to do, is a find a new employer with an awesome tuition reimbursement program and do something meaningful and truly fun as well as more reflective of my roots and early passions, and cannot be so easily outsourced: Engineering Physics, baby! Ph. D. if I can help it. That would be so cool...
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:Getting finanical aid is a big bullshit story in California. If your parents work, even though they are going to give you ZERO money for school, you can't get aid. If you are white, forget it.

Your either an adult or your not, except when it comes to finanical aid.
My parents are retired, ffs. Of course they can't give me more than a token amount of money for college. And yeah, I'm white (*ptooey*, why should I give a shit about skin color?) so that automatically makes me ineligible for around half of the scholarships out there. Minorities my ass.

Frankly, I'm at the point where I'm starting to believe that the best thing for California would be for the whole of the state congress to be wiped away in some sort of earthquake or flood or something. And have it replaced by people who aren't career asslickers.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Sokartawi
Crazy Karma Chameleon

Post by Sokartawi »

Left college the year I was no longer required by law to have education.
Stubborn as ever - Let's hope it pays off this time.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Finally going to finish up my BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Virginia Tech. Five years that started in Chemical Engineering, now that sucked. Hopefully will get a few offers from the 40+ of my resumes that are floating around among employers.

Oh anyone here work for UPS? If so any advice on how to correctly interview with them?
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Going for Bachelor in Chemical Engineering at the University of Delaware. I've lost a year partly due to having to move and my refusal to pay the exhorbitant out-of-state tuition ($624/credit) until I establish residency. Unfortunately, I will have to pay it for Calc II this summer if I want to get into a chem eng class that is only offered in the fall. Once the tuition comes down, I should be able to afford at least 12 credits in the fall and spring as well as 6-9 during the winter and summer sessions.

It certainly helps that my house is closer to the main campus than some of the dorms. :D
CRUCIBLE
Youngling
Location: Some Dark Citadel...taking pot-shots at Nepharites.

Post by CRUCIBLE »

Only High School. So this is the answer why i don´t participate in discussions involving science or mathematics or...well i guess you got it :wink:
Heaven doesn't want us and Hell is afraid we'll take over
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Currently pursuing a BA in Theology and a BS in Economics. Two more classes for the former, four for the latter.

And I really need to poke into some scholarships, since I just found an ancestor (about four or five generations back) who's Turkish.

mjn6172: Which high school are you at? I'm a product of the OCPS (one of the many) down at FSC in Lakeland.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
The Aliens
Keeper of the Lore
Location: hovering high up above, making home movies for the folks back home.

Post by The Aliens »

High School for me- still kicking away in Grade 10. Plans are to take a concurrent education program in University and end up with a B.A in English and a B.Ed after the four year program. Of course, if I drop dead or have a pre-frontal lobotamy or something, that won't be happening.
| Lorekeeper | EBC |
| SEGNOR | Knights |

..French....................Music..................
|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|
.................Comics...................Fiction..
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

I'm going to what UI think you yanks would call 'grad school' in September.

But I have masters degree now.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

InnerBrat wrote:I'm going to what UI think you yanks would call 'grad school' in September.

I think we go to grad school for the masters degrees as well as PhDs.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Biology transfer program at my community college.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Dalton wrote:
InnerBrat wrote:I'm going to what UI think you yanks would call 'grad school' in September.

I think we go to grad school for the masters degrees as well as PhDs.
Yeah, but I have an undergraduate Mci, which means I've never been a postgrad student.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
GraphicMD
Redshirt

Post by GraphicMD »

I have my Associates degree and I am currently going to school full time to get my Bachelors. This is very difficult because I am also working full time.
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

College Grad. BS in Public Accounting
"Single-minded persistence in the face of futility is what humanity does best." Tim Ferguson
mjn6172
Padawan Learner

Re:

Post by mjn6172 »

The Dark Wrote:
mjn6172: Which high school are you at? I'm a product of the OCPS (one of the many) down at FSC in Lakeland.
I work at Maynard Evans High School, just finishing up my second year there. So far I really enjoy working there :D
Clever and witty signature to be inserted here, just as soon as I think of one.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Nearing end of 9th grade. Damn. 3 more years and some months of this shit called high school left.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Re:

Post by The Dark »

mjn6172 wrote:The Dark Wrote:
I work at Maynard Evans High School, just finishing up my second year there. So far I really enjoy working there :D
I've heard they've been improving lately. I'm a graduate of University, but I remember heading out to Evans (I was a band geek :D ) and watching the Green Machine. I can't say I know much about the school, since it was all the way across the county, but I do remember we always lost football games there (funny how memory works).
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore