I wanna know about your sig!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

The first two lines are just things said about me that I just found amusing.

Next is a link to the trailer for the upcoming Gojira theatrical rerelease.

Then there's a quote from Kill Bill Vol.1 that I liked.

Finally, I give a little nod to Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
JADAFETWA
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Rogue 9 wrote:Anti-Editing Mafia: If a certain other mafia's powers aren't mere delusion, why am I still here?

And its Ubiqtorate.

And when did you get back, Nitram? Fun, I trust? :wink:
Extremely. And there was amounts of sex that would make the Angry Virgin Brigade enraged with their impotent fury. I just got back this evening, decided to see if you degenerates had slithered closer to the cultural norm. You haven't, and thus I am proud.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

MKSheppard wrote:
SirNitram wrote: The Editing Mafia thing is just a blatant mocking of Sheppard and his little group.
Heh heh heh, Wrong. It isn't my group, per se. :twisted:
You'll forgive me for not really giving enough of a damn to research.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

First line I developed on a mud I use to play on, started with just the line from the T-Shirt Hell tee "Vagina's are wierd" and added my own touch and lonely hornyness. Second part I don't quite remember when or why I did that but I keep it cause it's true. And the last part came arround during the April Fool's spam equvilant of a circle jerk and I intended to ditch it the next day but forgot and/or been to lazy to try to think of something to replace it.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Banner: I'm a member of the Mech Maniacs, and since Samus' Power Suit counts as mecha, I decided to make a banner using her.

Quote: From Metroid Prime. I think it's the funniest quote in the game, especially since there's no dialogue.

The Advance Wars Mech joke is a pun, albeit a bad one.

The dancing Samus gif I made from spritecaps of Metroid 0.

"Sentience is overrated" is something I came up with to describe the state of humanity.

Other user group(s) I'm in.

The Pichu-doken™ is a little tribute to my skill with Pichu in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I have all the Ace Medals in Rogue Squadron 2. Thus, I can call myself Ace.

Finally, an explanation of my avatar and its source.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

SirNitram wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Anti-Editing Mafia: If a certain other mafia's powers aren't mere delusion, why am I still here?

And its Ubiqtorate.

And when did you get back, Nitram? Fun, I trust? :wink:
Extremely. And there was amounts of sex that would make the Angry Virgin Brigade enraged with their impotent fury. I just got back this evening, decided to see if you degenerates had slithered closer to the cultural norm. You haven't, and thus I am proud.
Glad to see you and good to hear. And there's a screenshot of a Halo Covenant orbital bombardment that we thought you'd want to see.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Because I miss words and stuff when I'm typing things that I don't need to be handed in for grading. Hey, I'm only human.. :wink:
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

You don't really want to know, do you? ...I didn't think so. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Mine seems to be the M.O. of fundies/Darkstar types, that is to say: It's a fancy way of saying "Wall of Ignorance."
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Symmetry
Jedi Master

Post by Symmetry »

The first two line are filled with impressive sounding titles I've really earned, but which really aren't quite as cool as they sound (mostly). They also serve the purpose of allowing anyone I know in RL to identify me, while not allowing potential employers to easly google up my mad rantings.

Might as well explain them:

Knight of the Lambda Calculus - Outer Circle: See here for a discription of the inner circle. To join the outer circle you basically only need to write a Lisp compiler in Lisp. Yes, I do have the pin.

The Order of Random Knights: I probably shouldn't give any details here.

The DNRC: Dogbert's New Ruling Class. We'll inherit the Earth from those pesky induhviduals.

Lord High Embezzler: Is the official title for the treasurer of the MIT Science Fiction Society. I'll probably be Skinner/Supreme Dictator/President in a few weeks.

Distinguished Assassin: The MIT Assassin's guild is a LARPing group that plays a variety of games and is in no way associated with White Wolf (we're decades old). The "distinguished" part is from winning the "No, I'm winning my plot, really" award I got during my first 10 day: Caer Phaedria. I was head of an Illuminanti group but got caught having killed someone. Luckily, I had leverage and managed to get most of the stuff I wanted done in exchange for not getting rid of the cities food supply. And I persuaded them to excecute me in the same way I was planning on killing myself later.

The third line should be self explanatory.

Finally, I put some quote I like.
SDN Rangers: Gunnery Officer

They may have claymores and Dragons, but we have Bolos and Ogres.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I haven't gotten around to making a new sig banner, so for right now, it's all text.

The first row is all the groups I belong to.
Second is when I archived my 1337 post.
Then follows a quote from one of the best bad movies of all time, Drunken Wu-Tang.
Finally, a quote from rezprez, a troll who used to darken the doorways here.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Cairber
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cairber »

Mine is from one of my favorite animes, Serial Experiments Lain. It's about the real world and the "wired" merging. I like it cuz it implies that theres a lot more out there than we can ever know...
Say NO to circumcision IT'S A BOY! This is a great link to show expecting parents.

I boycott Nestle; ask me why!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

First is the title for Mobile Suit Z Gundam (Z=Zeta), the 1985 anime TV series sequel to 1979's Mobile Suit Gundam, and considered by many to be the very pinnacle of the Gundam saga.

The text under that ("I believe in the sign of Zeta") is a declaration of my being a fan of the series (it's a variation of one of the opening theme's lyrics), and also serves a tribute to Burke Rukes, who used to sign off updates to the Mecha Domain with "and believe in the sign of Zeta."

"I am not a dolphin, nor do I like to be spanked. It's just my God damn name," is something I've been using for a number of years to ward of the obvious attempts at jokes based on my screen name.

The pink text is various elements of my board status:
I'm the 131st member to join the board.
I'm a member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey, the Writers' Guild, the Justice League, and Mecha Maniacs, of which I am moderator.

"Veteran of the Psychic Wars" iis the name of a song by the 70s rock band Blue Öyster Cult, which I thought would sound both mysterious and cool in that part of my signature. :)

"Eva Expert" refers to my amature expertice concerning the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The next line referes to the bad guys from Mobile Suit Gundam. "Sieg Zeon!" (Victory Zeon) was basically their warcry.

"End of line," is a line from the Master Control Program from Tron. It's there to look cool. :)

The final line refers to my political leanings: a conservative authoritarian (basically a fascist), both that and the second part is intended as humourous, the latter often being just some dumb line that I think is funny that I change about once a week.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

SirNitram wrote:The Editing Mafia thing is just a blatant mocking of Sheppard and his little group. By the by, am I alone in finding intense irony coming from a Horseman(Whose lot in life is to edit posts) joining something called the 'Anti-Editing Mafia'? Perhaps they need to get a name that doesn't suck.
Good to know that trolling is acceptable and legitimate, so long as it's a mod doing it.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lesse...

I got the Warwolves Unit Patch with the eye flash, because that one is cooler than the rest (and just so happens to be what CSM Wilson uses :mrgreen: ), with the sole exception of the one Sir Sirius uses in his (that metallic silver one). The rest is my usergroup memberships, and any little titles I may or may not have.

Come to think of it, I think it is just me and CSM Wilson who use the silver/platinum eye flash one. Maybe I should try to be more unique? :?

First line: States my membership in the Warwolves. "SWOtivated, baby!" is in reference to a sort of joke running throughout my unit: SWO stands for Surface Warfare Officer, and that's pretty much where everyone from the Academy and NROTC go if noone else wants them. I'm one of the "few" who goes by choice, and not because they didn't make it into flight school. 8)

Second line: SEGNOR membership. I put my rank in there, even though it's also my CT. But that looks better than just "Member of" so there. :P

Third line: Justice League membership. I originally joined way-back-when and claimed Batman (aka The Dark Knight) as my own. Someone else probably has it by now because I keep forgetting to go check in there. :oops:

Fourth line: Brotherhood of the Monkey. No title, just being a member is enough. :)

The now gone fifth line was proclaiming my leadership of the "Cult of Zaia" but now we've gone "underground" once again. Everyone knows I'm a Zaia Worshipper anyway. :D

And I occasionally stick in some silly quote I find, since I no longer have the fifth line used up. I did have various other sigs, mostly full of funny quotes before, but this is the format I like best. Mostly because my four memberships line up just right with the patch, at least on my screen. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Bill Door
Padawan Learner

Post by Bill Door »

Its just a Terry Pratchett quote that I saw and liked. To fully understand it, you probably need to have read The Last Hero.
For example, suppose I wrote a book that within 30 years of the moon landing millions of people could be duped by bad science and endless hectoring into believing that it didn't happen... nah, can't do that, too unbelievable for a fantasy novel, right?--Terry Pratchett, The new Discworld Companion
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Mine means that I can't wait to torture all you heretics in the various contraptions made by the inquisition.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Over at the Sluggy boards PimpdelaResident announced his campaign plans for becoing president. While i don't normally like "gangsta" speak i couldn't help but laugh.

NOW GO OUT THERE AND VOTE PIMP BIZNATCH!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

CotK Co-Founder: [mew] - self-explanatory?
BotM Lord Monkey Mod - Self-explanatory
GALE Force Sleep Depper - One more way in which I announce myself as an insomniac, but through the GALE (Gay/Lebian) usergroup
WG - Member of the Writer's Guild
Uno por uno los pinguinos se roban mi sanidad.. - One of my favourite quotes, meaning, "One by one the penguins steal my sanity.."
SD.Net Hunk o' Man Meat - I won the SD.Net Hunk O' Man Meat competition
post count +1, evil count +2 - Something I've had for a while now, the post count being obvious, the evil count because I'm evil. :P
GDC - -chatters excitedly- :D
ISARMA - Red Mage and dino fan. :D
Chronicle Staff - SD.Net Chronicle Staff

Writing is easy -- you just have to stare at the blank page until the blood springs from your forehead.
--T.S. Eliot
And one of my favourite quotes, from TS Eliot.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

SirNitram wrote: Extremely. And there was amounts of sex that would make the Angry Virgin Brigade enraged with their impotent fury. I just got back this evening, decided to see if you degenerates had slithered closer to the cultural norm. You haven't, and thus I am proud.
At the risk of sounding rude, where are the pics of your wedding?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

My friend and I were having a Talk Cock Session, ranging from topics as diverse as Yoda using the Force in sex(ahem) and we started talking about battletech tactics.

As a member of the old school, I headed off his remarks with a
"Life is cheap. Mechs aren't." (Btech quote)
He replied, "Man, I hate to be in the same platoon as you."

As for the first line, somebody wrote it on the simulated range board in Basic. I thought it was funny.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

It used to list all the fanfics I had written, but ever since I ran out of space for listing "Project Oannes" as well, I dropped that.

Now, I use it to make comments and explanations about my avatar.

For example, I currently have Supreme Commander Thor as my avatar and thusly refer to a thread about the little grey guys from SG-1. (mainly because it veered off into a question of whether to use the anglicized spelling "Asgard" instead of the proper Danish spelling "Asgård"... those whose keyboards lack the letter "å" would perhaps to wise in opting for the Icelandic spelling, "Asgardr")

It also lists my EOD membership because... well, I'm a member of the Esoteric Order Of Dagon. (SD.Net's Lovecraftian society)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

My inability to host images keeps my sig pretty simplistic. And it deprives you all of fascinating fossil pictures! Ha! I'm not sharing!

The first line tags me as the leader of what is quite possibly the most irrelevant group ever: The Indolent Saurian and Red Mage Association. The name is really egocentric because I never anticipated it having any members beyond myself. We're all vertebrate paleo fans (who just happen to be Red Mages). And before you ask, no. We don't actually serve a functional purpose. Because that's like work, you know?

Since there are about ten of us (or something, I don't keep track) I figured I'd wage a war on those annoying little Quizno's vermin. As it turns out, one Spongmonkey is easy to kill. In dinosaur form you can simply bite, slash, stomp on or swollow them whole. In humanoid form you'll need a rapier of some kind and some basic Black Magic spells. I prefer Fire because it causes a satisfying squealing + crackling sound you just don't get with Thunder or Blizzard. Unfortunately they attack in swarms, by the thousands. I'm neither a dedicated Black Mage or Fencer so I run out of MP real quick like. What's worse, they've recently hijacked a USMC tanker with a prototype Ray. Since they're off my TV now, I figure they're the government's problem, and I can spend my time leveling up.

The bottom two blurbs are quotes. Mr. Burns is always hilarious, but that's one of my favorite Simpsons quotes of all time. And Stofsk is funny without trying. Add that on top of my long-standing hatred for pop culture and you've got another winner.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

figured i'd toss in my two cents. SIg banner is DC's Captain Marvel. the SHAZAM thing simply rocks. then there's the usergroups bit. the lore monkey in BotM is from CTs i suggested in the SD.Net Chronicle, of which i'm an N&P Editor. the Mecha Mania Space Knight thing comes from mainly being a tekkaman blade fanwhore. strongly recommended anime, even if some of it is a bit cheesy. then there's the evil general schtick, which is largely based off my user name. Zod from Superman. :twisted: The last section is from the HAB which i most recently joined. Why Flamethrower Division? because fire is shiny and blowing things up is fun. nuff said.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

There are two quotes in my sig. One's my brother and I watching Godzilla vs. MechaG ('93), the other's one of those quotes that's too good to ignore that pop up on this board.
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion