Discovery has wayyyy too much time on its hands

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Discovery has wayyyy too much time on its hands

Post by Darth Gojira »

Did anyone see this strange show on Discovery on Sunday's called Animal Face-Off? I think the concept is quite good (imaginary cockfights :!: ), but the excecution leaves much to be desired.

P.s. Should this thread be moved to SLAM, or is it not scientific enough(the latter in my opinion) ?
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I agree that while they probably thought the agressiveness of the experts and such would make for good TV, watching it it comes off as rather silly.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

I also think that with some fine tuning, it would be an entertaining show.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

I think the Romans did something like this... my memory is a bit foggy, but I beleive it occured in a place called the Colessium.
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken