Is Man the Fifth Race? (SG-1 Question)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Is Man the Fifth Race? (SG-1 Question)

Post by Stravo »

I watched the first three seasons religiously but lost interest for awhile, occasionally popping in and out and I always wondered if humans were the sixth race that would join the ancients. I always suspected that as the case. I was also interested in the near mythical status humans have as the Tokarai (I think I got that right).

If this question has already been answered in the series please forgive me, but I just haven't been keeping up.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Re: Is Man the Sixth Race? (SG-1 Question)

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Stravo wrote:I watched the first three seasons religiously but lost interest for awhile, occasionally popping in and out and I always wondered if humans were the sixth race that would join the ancients. I always suspected that as the case. I was also interested in the near mythical status humans have as the Tokarai (I think I got that right).

If this question has already been answered in the series please forgive me, but I just haven't been keeping up.
You mean fifth race, and according to the Asgaard we were on our way to being it ;)
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Unless, of course, humans are ancients, in which case we're the first AND fifth race. Those aliens from "Space Race" would be the sixth.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Unless, of course, humans are ancients, in which case we're the first AND fifth race. Those aliens from "Space Race" would be the sixth.
There was that race of ancients that 'disappeared' IIRC. That would be very interesting indeed.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Jeremy
Jedi Master

Post by Jeremy »

CaptainChewbaca, those were the Serrakin. The Serrakin found Hebridan and liberated the Humans from their Goa'uld masters. Herbidan appeared to be the capital world of a nation state of consisting of hybrids, Humans, and Serrakin. It makes since to me that the capital world would have been the home of the Serrakin which produced a highly advanced interstellar race capable of defeating Goa'uld in battle.

We also saw an amphibious species early in Season 1 who assisted Human overthrow of the Goa'uld on Earth, who I believe to be the Furlings.

First Race = Ancients, they summarily ascended after being afflicted with an incurrable virus
Second Race = Asgard, live in another galaxy and have some holdings in this one
Third Race = Nox, isolationist-arrogant-hippies
Fourth Race = Furlings, ???
Fifth Race = Americans, because we kick ass
• Only the dead have seen the end of war.
• "The only really bright side to come out of all this has to be Dino-rides in Hell." ~ Ilya Muromets
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Jeremy wrote:CaptainChewbaca, those were the Serrakin. The Serrakin found Hebridan and liberated the Humans from their Goa'uld masters. Herbidan appeared to be the capital world of a nation state of consisting of hybrids, Humans, and Serrakin. It makes since to me that the capital world would have been the home of the Serrakin which produced a highly advanced interstellar race capable of defeating Goa'uld in battle.

We also saw an amphibious species early in Season 1 who assisted Human overthrow of the Goa'uld on Earth, who I believe to be the Furlings.
That guy was something like the last of his race, I think.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

That might explain why we haven't seen any Furlings.
Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Why is everyone assuming that there will be a Sixth Race?
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

Let me answer entirely in quotes from this thread:
You mean fifth race, and according to the Asgaard we were on our way to being it
Unless, of course, humans are ancients, in which case we're the first AND fifth race. Those aliens from "Space Race" would be the sixth.
those were the Serrakin. The Serrakin found Hebridan and liberated the Humans from their Goa'uld masters.
Also, doesn't it look like the Hebridians are about 50 years ahead of us technologically? Wouldn't the Asgard say they were on their way to becoming 'the fifth race', instead of us?
Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Winston Blake wrote:Also, doesn't it look like the Hebridians are about 50 years ahead of us technologically? Wouldn't the Asgard say they were on their way to becoming 'the fifth race', instead of us?
I wouldn't say so because if technological development were the criteria, the Goa'uld would be more fifth race than humans.

It's the humans probably cause they're related to the Ancients but more importantly because O'Neill set a great example for the Asgard and showed that the human race had more potential to become a great race in the future.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

I wouldn't say so because if technological development were the criteria, the Goa'uld would be more fifth race than humans.
The Goa'uld would never be allowed into the big Alliance thing with the Asgard, they're too evil.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Winston Blake wrote:
The Goa'uld would never be allowed into the big Alliance thing with the Asgard, they're too evil.
Exactly my point, which is why technological development isn't the criteria for acceptance as fifth race.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

I was just noticing the trend that the Asgard, Nox and Ancients have/had far superior technology to any other species.

But, yes, i agree that acceptance isn't purely technological.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Winston Blake wrote:
Let me answer entirely in quotes from this thread:
Okay, if they address the point then that's fine.
You mean fifth race, and according to the Asgaard we were on our way to being it
Okay, that has nothing to do with a sixth race.
Assumes that there will be a sixth race to the alliance; does not provide any justification for such an assumption.
those were the Serrakin. The Serrakin found Hebridan and liberated the Humans from their Goa'uld masters.
Details about said race, nothing about why there will be a sixth race.
Also, doesn't it look like the Hebridians are about 50 years ahead of us technologically? Wouldn't the Asgard say they were on their way to becoming 'the fifth race', instead of us?
Again, does not address the liklihood of there being a sixth race to the alliance.

Well golly gee, looks like you entirely missed the point.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Jeremy
Jedi Master

Post by Jeremy »

Yes, that was information on the Serrakin, almost as if I wasn't trying to say they would be the sixth race or even that there would be a sixth race.

The Asgard showed a willingness to allow the Americans to eventually enter in (if the other members would or wouldn't is unknown), so it is likely that they would support the entry of another equally righteous nation to enter. Perosnally, it has sparked off a bit of fan-fiction/speculation.
• "The only really bright side to come out of all this has to be Dino-rides in Hell." ~ Ilya Muromets
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

Well golly gee, looks like you entirely missed the point.
Before the thread name was changed, Stravo said "is man the sixth race" when he should have said "fifth" because there is currently no fifth race. I assumed you misread, and i was wrong. I apologise.
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Re: Is Man the Fifth Race? (SG-1 Question)

Post by Daltonator »

Stravo wrote:I watched the first three seasons religiously but lost interest for awhile, occasionally popping in and out and I always wondered if humans were the sixth race that would join the ancients. I always suspected that as the case. I was also interested in the near mythical status humans have as the Tokarai (I think I got that right).
You mean the Tau'ri?
Stravo wrote:If this question has already been answered in the series please forgive me, but I just haven't been keeping up.
Have you ever seen the second season episode The Fifth Race? That's where the Asgard tell O'Neill that humanity has taken its first step towards becoming the fifth race.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

Why does Jeremy keep saying "Americans" will be the fifth race? Isn't it suppose to be the entire earth?
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

Tragic wrote:Why does Jeremy keep saying "Americans" will be the fifth race? Isn't it suppose to be the entire earth?
Yeah, that's a good question. The Americans might run the Stargate program on Earth, but they have a Russian team and there are also several other colonies of humans who explore through the Stargate, like the Kewlonans.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Jeremy
Jedi Master

Post by Jeremy »

Jingoism