Star Wars: Jedidaemmerung

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

McC
Rabid Monkey

Star Wars: Jedidaemmerung

Post by McC »

Preface: The inspiration for this story comes from a SWRPG campaign some friends and I played a few months ago. I will be continuing to add to it as time permits. Please let me know what you think! Although, also bear in mind this it the first "fan fiction" I've ever posted to a public outlet, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect in terms of reaction. Anyway, enjoy!

Star Wars
Jedidämmerung

It was not unusual for Gluupor to find himself in situations he was woefully unprepared to deal with. This was due, in no small part, to Gluupor's relatively poor ability to recognize when he was being deceived and manipulated. The small, pea green Rodian simply had a penchant for getting himself into trouble. In light of this worldly ineptitude, Gluupor was more dismayed than surprised to find himself staring at the gleaming hull of an Imperial Star Destroyer as it grew steadily in his viewport.

"Approaching shuttle," a harsh voice said over his communications array, "transmit flight plan." The voice was speaking in precise, Imperial-accented Basic. It no doubt came from an Imperial officer who was more than prepared to dispense with Gluupor's inconsequential shuttle should the Rodian give him any reason to do so. Instead, Gluupor transmitted the clearance codes he had been given by his boss – Red Tide's number-two executor Keth Vassic.

The code, pilfered from the Empire on one of Red Tide's innumerable smuggling operations, had been given to Gluupor for this specific, high-priority mission. However, the more Gluupor considered the conditions and parameters of his mission, the more he realized that Vassic had given him a suicide assignment. Vassic had little regard for the Rodian errand boy. Gluupor had slaved away in the Red Tide since he had been old enough to pick up a blaster or play a hand of Pazaak. He had steadily worked his way up to where he was: an executive errand runner. It was clear to him that they weren't prepared to advance him any further – they didn't trust him. Now, Vassic had taken the final step: Gluupor was being sent on a suicide mission to simply put him out of Vassic's misery.

"Shuttle Kavos," the Imperial's voice finally said, "you may proceed on your docking course. Reduce to one-oh-oh meters-per-second closing velocity and stand by for tractor beam in two-four seconds. Acknowledge."

"Gluu—I mean, uh, Shuttle Kavos acknowledges," Gluupor replied in his high-pitched, slightly broken Basic. Gluupor knew Rodese, but he was actually more comfortable speaking Basic – as well as his snout could approximate Basic, at least.

Within a millisecond of the given estimate, the tractor beam locked onto Gluupor's small shuttle. He placed the engines into maintenance mode and gave control of his travel fully over to the behemoth Imperial capital ship that was gradually growing before him. As it did so, Gluupor considered his mission once again. Lunacy, he realized. Utterly impossible. But he would have to try. Better to be killed by the Imperials than to turn and run, only to be found by Red Tide later. They wouldn't be nearly as benevolent as the Imperials in their method of extinguishing his meager life.

But what had he been thinking, accepting this mission? Assassinate an Imperial captain of an Imperial Star Destroyer over a major Imperial world? Gluupor looked down on Bilbringi, spinning serenely beneath both his shuttle and the Imperial warship. He could make it flecks of glinting light that denoted other ships flitting about. Some were even near the Destroyer, perhaps conducting business of their own.

With little else to do but wait, Gluupor checked the small holdout blaster concealed in his sleeve. Rodian assassins favored the little weapon, which was barely the size of a pen. Gluupor had accidentally stumbled across it in a Red Tide supply crate. He appropriated it for himself, figuring no one else would miss it. No one had. It was just as well. He found it unlikely that any other blaster, no matter how small, would pass Imperial inspection. The charge read full, as it had twenty minutes ago. Gluupor sighed, his antennae swiveling ever so slightly to denote his discomfort. He'd be there soon enough.
Last edited by McC on 2004-05-08 01:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Crom
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crom »

It sounds good so far. I would think that he would have caught on to the fact that it was a suicide mission a little bit sooner, but as it says in the beginning, he is gullible.

Keep writing, I'd like to see where this goes.

If you want to use italics or bold letters or anything else like that on this message board you use the square brackets [] instead of the angled brackets <>.
"Our people were meant to be living gods, warrior-poets who roamed the stars bringing civilization, not cowards and bullies who prey on the weak and kill each other for sport. I never imagined they'd prove themselves so inferior. I didn't betray our people – they betrayed themselves."

-Gaheris Rhade, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

:banghead: Believe me, I knew that. I was posting this into something else as well, though (which does parse HTML), and neglected to put the squares in for the BB post.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Its not bad though it seems a bit too short.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

...that's 'cause it's just the very very beginning of the story. This all happened in the first, oh, two minutes of the game. ;)
-Ryan McClure-