crossover idea

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Jaepheth
Jedi Master

crossover idea

Post by Jaepheth »

I was thinking that instead of the wormhole or simplly unexplained ways of crossing over between SW and ST universes. What if they used the books of Myst to go between universes. Of course, only characters could go through, leaving their ships and most of the tech behind. But that would leave a lot of room for character development and a strong plot, which is what sci-fi fans are really in the genre for, right? Right? where's everyone going?
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

Do droids count as characters?
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

they'd probably have to be dragged through, I think you have to be biological, sentient, and alive in order to use the books.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Is that from those horrible myst games ? 'Cause the only person i know who liked those was one of my friends moms... :lol: . Though it would be an interesting story. And despite my dislike of the games, even if that is where the idea is coming from, I'd still read it.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

So this crossover will mostly revolve around people, a bunch of guys stranded in a foreign land, trying to go home? No wars between ST and SW? No DeathStars? :(

Might be interesting if you write it well. In fact, it might be awesome. If you don't write it well, it might not be that good.
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

You know, I was actually developing an idea somewhat similar to this. Good on you! I like it.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ooh, I like. Do it! :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman