The Endless Night (Star Wars fanfic)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia just shook her head slightly, walked up and kissed Kuja lightly on the cheek. “You do not have to become some warrior to do that.”

“For you maybe, but for me, I feel I must.”
WONG: Excitement, heh! Adventure, heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

KUJA: *snore*

*WONG raps KUJA with his cane*

KUJA: Huh? Oh, right, excitement and adventure, when do we get to that?

WONG: In the hall, you will wait!

*KUJA leaves. WONG pulls out a bong and takes a hit*

WONG: I cannot train him.

VOICE: You must.

WONG: This one...long have I watched. He is reckless!

VOICE: So was I, if you remember.

KUJA: *leaning against the door* Who the fuck is he talking to?

*the door opens*

WONG: Too old! Yes, too old to begin the training!

*KUJA slips WONG a copy of "Twi'lek Anal Orgy 16"*

WONG: ...to the Jedi, I welcome you, Padawan Kuja!

KUJA: Great!
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

:lol:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Good one Kuj :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

I find it highly amusing that you use Verilon as a Padawan trainer. Don't know why, exactly, but I do. :P

This was a really good chapter. I like how you kept consistent and made it so we don't know exactly what Dalton said.

Great job. :)
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Connor walked down the main thoroughfare of the Jedi temple. He quietly pondered to himself about why his summons since he had more research to perform, but such was not in his domain to question the Council. He bowed his head a bit in greeting as Zaia, who sauntered past with a smirk on her face. He had a crooked grin on his face, as he heard no more then a couple seconds later Derith screaming in his general direction. He was about to give a greeting but thought better of it as his friend fumed past him, grumbling under his breath about women or something. He finally came upon Kuja, who was looking at the pair leave, mystified.

“Something wrong Padawan?” Connor said.

“Are they always…” Kuja said as he continued to stare at the two of them leaving in different directions.

“Yes.” Connor said as he watched other Jedi and Padawans clear a path as Derith fumed off. “When they first met, though they were slightly more cordial.”

“Then how?”

“I chalk it up because they do love each other, she just expresses it better.”

Kuja sighed lightly.

“Oh don’t worry, if she loves you, she loves you…just stating a point.”

“I know, just it’s hard to try and ingratiate into any favor with Derith, while…ummm…”

“Having sex with a woman, no more that five months ago, that was his world?”

“Not to be blunt, but yes.”

Connor chuckled. “Don’t worry, he can keep business and his feelings separate. He was so successful in fact, he drove her away because of that.”

Kuja stood there shaking his head lightly. “Well, it’s good to know.”

“Why?”

“I’m to be his Padawan.”

Connor just stood there, truly looking at Kuja as if for the first time. “What?!”

“I asked him…” Kuja said as Connor raised his hand interrupting him.

“I know what you said, I was meaning why Derith, of all Jedi?”

“Like I explained to him I wish to protect people and feel with having skills similar to his added to my own would benefit everyone.”

Connor stood there, and then suddenly busted out in loud roaring laugh. He continued to laugh for nearly a minute. “You truly have no idea, what function Master Durandal did or Derith does serve within the order, do you?”

Kuja frowned slightly.

Connor shook his head and brought one hand up. “Allow me to iterate in this fashion Padawan, Master Wilson and Master Steve are considered the two greatest Guardians of the Jedi Order. Why is Durandal not amongst them when he has shown to be able, in single combat no less, to defeat them?”

Kuja pursed his lips in thought and opened his mouth slightly.

“No, no. Tomorrow you will assuredly find out…why.”

Connor then turned and left Kuja, shaking his head still and coasted into the temple. All Connor could think was that Kuja was for in a nasty surprise. Ah well he could use a shaking up, and who knows maybe he’ll get Derith out of his ridiculous behavior of mumbling and grunting.

Kuja slowly walked down the stairs, his head in a swirl of thoughts, as a shapely blonde passed him. Years of hunting and gathering artifacts for the order gave I’Brat a nice tan, but one not too deep and not too harsh. Her face had no lines, except a slight one when she smiled, mostly out of memory of those that she had lost. Amongst the Jedi, no fewer then five others have ever divined as much about the past before the purge and even then not as many as two others have ever recovered a true holocron from that bygone age. From a small group that Verilon was leading with a new painting a few whistles were blown towards her. She didn’t pause as a variety of Padawans turned and stared, by now she was more then used to it since she came to the Temple from Yavin. Instead she gave them a slight look back and a saucy wink as Verilon kept giving them a verbal assault, which made them stare even more intently. She continued walking shaking her head lightly as she approached her target.

“Connor!”

Connor stopped, his shoulders slightly drooping. “Yes?” He said not turning around.

“Oh, don’t be that way, I don’t bite.”

“Unless asked?”

I’Brat smiled a bit as he turned to face her, his face with a slight grimace on it. His eyes trailed from her boots to her face, and he chuckled lightly.

“What?”

“Ah, nothing. I will say you seem exceptionally…pert today.”

“Nice to know where your mind is.”

“Do you have to imply sex in everything?”

“No, but when any male or female eyes me up and down, I kinda get the idea what’s on their mind.” She said as she placed her arms across her chest.

“I was meaning more in your gait.”

“Right, that’s why you stared at my breasts.”

“Actually your tunic is tad more shiny then usual.”

I’Brat looked down at her outfit, and tweaked her head slightly with a raised eyebrow at Connor. “That’s your best line?”

“No, more like a statement of fact. You are shinier.” Connor said as he locked his eyes with hers. A slight smile on his face reflected in her eyes.

“Fine, you want to avoid the issue of staring at my breasts so be it, I have a meeting with the Jedi Council.”

Connor reared his head back, and looked at her with a peering stare of examination. “So happens, I do as well.”

“Well then, shall we keep them waiting?” I’Brat said as she extended her hand towards the lift on the far side of the temple.

Connor lifted an eyebrow and turned and walked a bit; turned and looked at her. “Well?”

“I didn’t know you cared.” I’Brat said as she walked past him, lightly patting his cheek.

Connor snorted as he kept up with her pace.

“So what was that whole thing outside with Zaia, Kuja, and your lovable idiot jerk?”

“Nothing much, just that lovable idiot jerk will now be master to Padawan Kuja.”

“What?” I’Brat said, stopping as Connor kept going.

“He’s to be Kuja’s master.” Connor said stopping, standing without turning around.

“Pardon? Please you’re going have to be slightly more descriptive then your usual grunts.” I’Brat replied as she caught up with him.

“Kuja wants to be a more complete Jedi.” Connor said as the doors opened on the lift.

All I’Brat could do was stare at him with her mouth open as the doors of the turbolift shut.

Space has length, depth and width, an infinite darkness that threatened to swallow everything. Occupying within a small point in the infinite vastness of space was station of metal. In comparison to any star, this structure neither as brilliant nor as luminous. Sitting here for more then four thousand years it was founded by Palpatine, and enhanced for the day his infinite army would loose itself upon the universe. That day was fortunately averted. Now another dark soul came upon it to fulfill its intended purpose. As one comes upon closer examination this palace of metal, one can see it is comprised of twenty enormous cube-like structures and at the heart of it a sphere with prongs extended below and above it in a claw like fashion. It orbits a dead world that it had long since stripped of any worth and hung there. From any distance it would appear to be some vast city. Serving its dark master were billions of little gnats swarming around it, towing asteroids and other rocky formations feeding it, and its hunger never abated. This was the Star Forge.

Long ago before the time of the purge, and before the Republic it served as a beacon of the Dark Side. It brought terror to a thousand, million planets…and died. But darkness never dies, and once again a bright and lone figure stabbed his sword of light into this personification of the Dark Side, and for a time brought it to it’s knee. Then came the purge and the revival of the Sith. The endless fountain of Jedi dying, the embrace of the Dark Side like never before, revived the Star Forge. It emanated it siren call to whom it believed was most worthy. Here Palpatine found yet another bauble, another toy in his grab for eternal power. It fed like no other time in it’s existence, it was enhanced beyond it’s simple confines and given power a hundred fold greater then ever before; indeed the galaxy would tremble at the mere mention of its name, at its visage. When his end came by the side of Light, it waited in silence. Building vessels, clones, and droids for the day another one worthy would come forth, and it was patient. Its patience was rewarded twenty years ago.

Durandal stood on the topmost deck of his space station. The metal of the place glowed with eerie life of it’s own, but it’s light paled to the thousands upon thousands of vessels of all shape and manner being assembled outside. Durandal’s shifted slightly, his white cloak and tunic contrasting heavily against the black and grey schemes that dominated the station. Another squadron passed from his view, which drew a tight smile from his lips, soon the galaxy would tremble, so very soon. In his mind he knew he was destined for so much more. The fact he found this facility pointed to the Force itself deemed him worthy to finally restore order to the galaxy. Soon he would unleash terror to cleanse the waste of the galaxy and then he alone would restore order from the chaos. A far better order will emerge rather then this cacophony of voices and mewling that dominated the galaxy. These thoughts warmed Durandal as he envisioned his rule.

From the far end of the gargantuan room a single being entered, his armor shimmered against the unnatural light that permeated the room. He swiftly approached Durandal, his steps echoing throughout the room. Durandal stood with his back turned, as his apprentice waited on bended knee.

“Beautiful, is it not?”

“Yes, my master.”

“Report.” Durandal said.

“Master, the Star Forge is operating at five hundred percent efficiency.”

“Excellent.”

“Vympel has also made a request for another forty thousand ships, my master.”

“Of course he has.” Durandal said waving his hand into the air. “Send them with the appropriate clones, droids and such not.”

“Yes, my master.” Fearghul said, as he raised himself; Durandal made a halting gesture with his hand. Fearghul instantly resumed his former position.

“Now, why are you here?”

“Master?”

“Fearghul, do not insult my intelligence.” Durandal said as he continued to admire the view. “Any petty being could have presented that report. This would be the first time you have personally, ever, undertaken this menial task; why?”

Fearghul rose to his full height, in his heart he realized he still had much to learn of the dark side. Such deceptions were pointless and foolish to his master. He spoke candidly. “I have a request.”

“Ah, yes, you wish to correct your defeat, is that it?”

Fearghul stood silent, his breathing slowing to a bare whisper.

“You lost, end of discussion. As such, I had to alter my plans. These plans now include Derith, who will serve them until I deem him useless.” Durandal said. “Not before.”

“Yes, my master.”

“Now, onto other matters; Korriban?” Durandal said. “It is inviolable?”

Fearghul looked at his feet, shifted his eyes. “Yes, my master.”

“You had best hope so. My plans are far too along to want or need of the interference with the Jedi.” Durandal said as he turned to face Fearghul for the first time. “Your failure to kill Derith is a hindrance I could have done without. I will be most displeased if you fail with Korriban as well”

“…And you know full well, Derith has never been sane.” Connor said as the doors swished opened.

“Let me try to wrap my mind around this…he wants to…nevermind.” I’Brat said. She walked toward the chamber ahead. Connor stopped midway.

“Do you truly know what Derith does?” Connor said. I’Brat turned around and raised gave him a smirk.

“He’s a Jedi, is there something more I should know?”

“No, just a question.”

I’Brat shook her head as Connor walked past her, opening the doors to the council chambers. Inside two masters stood by the window, a Wookiee and a Chiss. The blue skinned Chiss was dressed in a red tunic and matching cloak. The Wookiee had a simple cloak on himself. Upon seeing them enter he nodded for their approach, while his companion continued to stare out the window.

“Ah, Jedi Connor, and I’Brat. Thank you for your punctuality.” Crown said as he continued to watch the mid morning sky.

“May we ask why you asked for apparently the both of us?” Connor said.

“Rwaaar, rmmph.”

“Pardon?”

“Don’t you know how to speak Wookiee?” I’Brat whispered.

“No, I must’ve missed that class, right along with mind reading females.” Connor said. I’Brat just shook her head.

“Still he has a valid point, why us?” I’Brat said to Master Dalton.

“Rwaaar, ruuurr, ruuhh.”

“Perhaps, but why would this mission require me being paired with him?”

“Hey!” Connor said.

“Because his skills are what you will need for this mission.” Crown said as he turned to face the two knights.

“I still don’t…”

“So you divined your mission already?”

“No.”
“Then after we have told you of the mission, then you can make your logical judgment.” Crown said. “What do either of you know of the Sith?”

“They are our mortal enemies, once numbered in the thousands, until the reign of Darth Bane which they then established the rule of two. The last know occurrence was Darth Sidious.” I’Brat said.

“Very good, though we have not heard from our eternal enemy in a millennia, we have never let our guard down, since the purge.”

“Then why the question?” Connor said.

“We have reason to suspect that the Sith are indeed back.”

Connor and I’Brat stood up straighter, eyes widening.

“Rwarr, rrrrrrrm.”

“I understand, but are you certain this wasn’t some rogue Jedi?” I’Brat said.

Dalton just shook his head.

“If I may?” Connor said. “Who has seen this…Sith lord?”

“Derith Rider.” Crown said. “And in matters as such, we trust his judgment but we require further investigation.”

“And this requires myself and Connor how again?” I’Brat said.

“We wish the two of you to go to Korriban.” Crown said, pursing his hands behind his back.

“I could easily handle this myself, and especially with Korriban, I don’t believe Connor could handle it.”

“Hey!” Connor said.

“Connor, all pride and arrogance aside, have you ever been to a dark side world?”

“No.”

“Then that’s enough reason for you not to go to this one.”

“Are you saying…” Connor replied as Master Crown raised a single hand.

“Are you versed in ancient mechanical objects of pertaining to the Sith era?” Crown asked I’Brat.

“A little.”

“As much Connor here?”

“Okay, maybe, not as much as Connor.”

“Rwaar, rumph”

“Okay, so I’m nowhere near his level.” I’Brat said. Connor stood up straighter with a smirk barely peeking from the corners of his mouth. She was intimately familiar with his work. He was amongst the finest mind in the Jedi order. He also was all too aware of this.

“Thus it is settled, the logical conclusion is that he will require your skill in archeology, and you will require his mechanical and scientific expertise.”

The tone in his voice told them the meeting had ended and they had their mission. The two of them bowed and Crown and Dalton dismissed them with a nod each. Outside Connor let out a slight snort. I’Brat shot him a glare.

“Okay, we have to co-operate, and work together but by no means do I have to enjoy myself.” I’Brat said.

“Oh I could think of thing or two that would be enjoyable.” Connor said as he walked to the turbolift.

“You couldn’t handle the ride.” I’Brat said smiling as the doors close, with Connor just glaring at her.

The afternoon melded into evening and Coruscant began to shed it morning skin for it’s evening undertones. Connor mulled upon his options as he looked to the evening sky and felt a minor drizzle come down. He was not in a particularly good area of Coruscant’s lower districts but then again, he was a Jedi; there wasn’t much to be concerned about. He pulled the hood over his head and noted this was the right time for a seasonal rain. Such micro weather cells made this truly a unique world. No real season, no real rainfall, all of it manufactured for the trillions of lifeforms that made this world their home. A short distance away the sky was crystal clear and the sky was alive with the lights and bustle of the capital of the Alliance.

Connor walked through the bustle with intent, noting how far down he was. He looked up and noted that he was so far down everything looked gargantuan, and peering over one of the many edges, he could not still see the bottom. As the rain continued a stench wafted past him, it curled his stomach as he tried to identify it. He thought it better that he remain ignorant of both the stench and the place of origin. Why did he live here? Connor thought as he passed innumerable living complexes. He looked up at his destination, a relatively unmarked building. Pressing on a small switch he entered. Down a barely lit corridor he came to his final location, which he proceeded to lightly knock.

No response.

Connor sighed a bit, and rapped harder. “C’mon, I know you’re in there.”

No response.

Connor stood before the door and though maybe for a second he just should force the dumb thing open. His friend was likely dead asleep, but right now, he needed someone to both talk with and drink with. He was about to hit it one more time as a hand emerged from the shadow and held his wrist.

“Just knock once.” Derith said as the rest of him melted into the light.

“How the…nevermind, it’ll likely have an explanation that makes as much sense as Master Dalton’s love for Krispie Kremes.” Connor said massaging his wrist.

“Why are you here?”

“What? I just can’t appear for at least some commiseration fun?”

Derith raised an eyebrow.

“Why am I your friend should be the better question.” Connor said as he led Derith towards the turbolift. “I mean are you always looking for ulterior motivation?”

“Yes.” Derith said as the turbolift’s doors closed.

The Jedi Temple at evening was quiet and somber with the occasional Jedi walking through the corridors. Most of the activities were sedate and quiet, as numerous others either have gone to the meditation or personal training. I’Brat wanted neither. She quietly walked through the cavernous corridors, holding a bottle of some sort, to the personal quarters and came upon a small non-descript door. She tapped a small button.

“Z, it’s Ibie.”

“Come in.” Zaia said over the intercom as the door swished open. I’Brat waved the bottle as she peeked through looking for her friend. She spotted her coming out of the fresher in a white bathrobe brushing her auburn hair. Zaia smiled as she saw her friend and quickly had a quizzical look at the bottle.

“And that’s for?”

“Us.”

“Because?”

“Because if I don’t have some good time with my best friend, I’m going to go nuts.”

“Okay, tell your best friend what horrible thing happened now.” Zaia smirked as she went for two glasses.

“It’s nothing like that.”

“Right, then it’s Connor.” Zaia said as she appeared with two crystal goblets.

Derith and Connor calmly walked through the lower sections. Steam vents spouted a foul noxious smoke, and huddled masses gathered near them for a hint of warmth. Connor looked up and noticed that he could barely see any hint of a sky, and wondered from down here did things such as day or night truly matter. He noticed that everyone had some sidearm of some sort, varying between standard to military. Hordes of glowing eyes stared at them, following their every move.

“Jedi are not the usual type of personage that visits this area.” Derith remarked.

“Heck, what are?”

“This is a hive of scum and villainy that you will never truly find an equal.”

“Yeah, and why are we here again?” Connor said as they stopped below a dilapidated neon sign.

“Because they serve the best drinks this galaxy has to offer.” Derith said as he walked into the small entryway.

The bar was a smoke infested pit with only a counter and few things that could be considered tables. An assortment of lifeforms walked through the bar, mingling and talking. The stink from the outside was muted by the smell of liquor and smoke. Connor gagged a bit and focused himself as they walked to the main bar. A Quay turned and faced him.

“Chuska.”

“Something drinkable…and in a clean glass!” Connor said. The Quay chuckled a bit and dropped two glasses with a thick amber liquid in front of them, and walked off.

“Come here often?” Connor noted as he saw Derith come up beside him.

“Yes.”

“Okay, a little more talkative, please?”

“You were the one who wanted to commiserate, so commiserate.”

“Fine, fine.” Connor said as he cautiously sipped his drink. “I get to team with I’Brat.”

“And this is bad how again?” Derith said.

“Oh, c’mon Z…Connor!” I’Brat said as she gulped another glass. Zaia slowly poured another as her friend waved it again.

“Is really that bad?”

“Not really, I mean he’s at least capable if he ever let down that smug know it all attitude he carries as if he’s the master of all knowledge.”

“Right, and you are the paragon of humility.” Derith said as Connor threw back another gulp.

“It’s not like that at all.” Connor said “Barkeep, a double!”

“How is not like that? You both avidly follow the other in both sessions and journals; and now you get to work together and your only thought is to express some disdain of why do you have to work in such close quarters with the other.”

“Because he’s a snot head.” I’Brat exclaimed a little loudly. She swayed slightly as she proffered her glass again. Zaia just smiled a bit. “Besides he’s never been to a Dark Side world…that alone excludes him.”

“Ibie…”

“Oh no, don’t Ibie me, sure he’s smart and attractive…if you like that type of man, but all he does is…”

“…act as if she is queen of the universe!” Connor said as he swayed slightly.
“She does?”

“Of course she does, haven’t you seen the way she dresses and acts?”

“Yes, but you seem to have some odd personal issue with this.” Derith said as he took the bottle from the barkeep and poured another glass.

“I have no issues, I’m just stating the honest truth that…” Connor said.

"…He’s a jerk, an attractive jerk, but a jerk…and one I’m going to have to baby sit on Korriban.” I’Brat said waving her glass again.

"Why would you have to baby sit at all?” Zaia said as she got up to get another bottle.

“Have you ever been to Korriban?”

“No, how is it?”

“Ver…y ugly.”

“Right, and you’re saying she’s incapable?” Derith said.

“Of course not, she’s perfectly capable of handling herself, she’s just not ass…und…getting the thingie right.” Connor slurred.

“Thingie?”

“Yeah, y’know the point.”

“Which is, again?”

"He’s not even the slightest bit pre…ready, for going anywhere that has Dark Side stuff.” I’Brat said after gulping her eight drink.

“Perhaps you can look after each other?”

“Now, why would I do that again?”

“Because you need to, perhaps why the Council gave you the mission.” Zaia said. “Now, let’s stop because…”

“Now what is between you and Derith?”

"There is nothing between us…or there was but nothing now.” Derith said as he finally sipped his drink. “She’s with Kuja, and that’s that.”

“Right, and that’s why you…had that dis…thing of the waving and the screaming.” Connor said as he waved his hands around unsteadily.

“Have another drink Connor, your glass is empty.”

“I’m…just…saying that why did you…” I’Brat slurred even more so.

“I don’t think this is the right time to discuss this.” Zaia said as she poured yet another glass for I’Brat.

“Well when woulsis be…a right…time?”

“Later.” Zaia said as she helped her friend up and lead her to a couch. “Now get some sleep and I’ll help you in the morning.”

“I can…” I’Brat said, right as she slumped onto the couch, happily snoring lightly.

“Last time I ever take you drinking.” Derith said as he shouldered Connor out the door and towards his apartment.

The next day Kuja walked outside the Temple and stared into the horizon. He took a deep breath and felt the cool air invigorate his lungs. The warm morning rays shone upon Coruscant inviting everyone to begin a new day. He calmly walked to his vehicle and activated it, taking it into a leisurely traffic pattern. While this was earlier then he ever started he figured he should make a profound impression, since this may be his only chance to impress Master Derith.

He reached his destination with one of the lower districts of Coruscant but still well within the view of the upper areas. He gingerly parked the vehicle next to a variety of modified swoops and other such hot rods. Looking up he saw a dilapidated sign that read ‘Giz’ Kuja just shook his head and calmly opened the door to a packed environment of a sheer cavalcade of aliens. He looked around trying to spot Derith as a Twi’leck female lightly brushed past him. In the far back he saw his master and maneuvered towards him. He approached Derith and proceeded to sit down without even a nod from his Master.

“Master?”

Derith sipped his drink again. “Who did you first see when you entered here?”

“Pardon?” Kuja said as hew felt something wet underneath him.

“I asked you, who did you see when you entered here. You do understand the question?” Derith said as he put the cup down and pressed another button on the pad he was currently reading.

“I saw a Twi’leck, a Gran, and a, I think, a Barabel?” Kuja said as he pursed his lips.

“You should have seen a Gran first as he was closest to the door and leaving as you entered. Next one was a Gran but you missed his Kowakian Monkey he kept on his right shoulder. After which were two Corellians that followed him out after then finished paying. And finally was the Twi’leck, who pilfered your lightsaber. There was no Barabel.”

“She what?” Kuja said. “Master I believe you’re…”

Derith placed Kuja’s lightsaber onto the table and finally looked up.

“So I failed.” Kuja said as his shoulders slightly drooped.

“No, there was no test.” Derith said as he waved the waitress over. “I wanted to see what I had to work with.”

“And it would be?”

“Very little.”

“Oh.”

“Don’t feel bad…at least you are better then what I was initially.”

“Which was?”

“Less then nothing, Durandal was not the kindest master, but he was a great master.” Derith said as he sipped the last bits of his drink.

“Would you like to get something?” the droid waitress asked Kuja.

“A cup of Jawa juice.”

“And you sir?”

“Nothing.” Derith replied.

The waitress wheeled away with Kuja looking at the pad Derith had. He noticed at the headline about the Hapan Confederacy having been raided again, enormous casualties and a proclamation to be announced today.

“That quickly?” Kuja said as he read further.

“Yes, and what’s making me wonder is still how.”

“How what?”

“How is Black Sun still having both the backing and hardware to accomplish this scenario?”

“They are the largest crime syndicate in the galaxy, I doubt…”

“I know what they are, I’ve more then interrupted a few of their operations.” Derith said as the waitress returned. “And they have never shown the sheer audacity to attack a small system let alone something as large as the Hapan Confederacy.”

“Really?”

“They may be many things, but this is a scale above even their vast resources. This of the level of needing easily a few sector group resources.”

“Ah.”

“Still you never did answer my initial question to my satisfaction…why?”

“Is this really the best time?”

“If you want me to continue to being your master, yes, this is the best time.”

“I heard your stories and I thought it would compliment my skills.”

“And again I ask do you truly know, truly, what I do?”

“You’re essentially a lone guardian, correct?”

“In theory I suppose it’s the safest answer, in reality much closer to person who divines clean solutions to very messy problems.”

“I don’t quite understand.”

“Okay, long ago, many Jedi realized that not all problem could have perhaps a diplomatic or a reasonable solution, so they thought that there should be a small group of Jedi for the purpose that one would hire… a bounty hunter for. Thus they trained these select few along the lines to have a more physical training.”

“So you are more like hunters?”

“In a sense, but the major problem they learned was that most Jedi began straying far too closely to the Dark Side, because the work involves with perhaps little hate, but with little peace as well. You are essentially a guardian of peace by literally destroying another. Thus most of the masters themselves rather not acknowledge any one who followed such a path’s existence but realized that they are useful. Master Wong all those many years ago was vehemently against such and outlawed them. It wasn’t until Durandal that the practice was renewed.”

Kuja gulped his drink down a bit faster then he would have liked at that statement.

“Thus I ask you again, why?”

“Because my family.” Kuja said looking at the table.

“Are they still alive?”

“Some.”

“And why do you feel that this would help you anymore, then being a guardian?”

“Have you ever seen a situation where words mean little or nothing, and you could do nothing? I have, and when I heard your stories I realized while your path may not be the one I would likely take, it is a path I want to take for the sake of what has happened to me and others.”

“You desire vengeance?”

“Justice.”

“Beware how you think of those terms young Padawan, one slip of anger can easily confuse the line that separates them.”

“Maybe, but I know where I stand and where I will remain.”

“That remains to be seen.” Derith said as he got up. “So now that you have told me why, for now. Onto our first day.”

Kuja got up slowly and walked with Derith out the café into the open area. Kuja looked about as Derith continued to read and walked a path only he seems to know. They turned into some of the lower sections of Coruscant. Derith shook his head as he put the pad away.

“Master?”

“Yes?”

“Where are we going?”

“To find answers, Black Sun has an enormous base here, with several smaller safe houses located throughout Coruscant. I want to find answer to how did Darkstar acquire military hardware, why he got it, as well why did Black Sun have such a vested interest in a relatively unknown system.”

“Ah, you did notice the three Gand following us?” Kuja said as they went into a side alley.

“Of course, they been trailing us for the last four miles.” Derith said as he made another turn into a smaller alleyway.

In front of the duo were three Gand brandishing DPDP-44s. Derith stopped and waited. Kuja looked to his master for a sign.

“There’s only three.”

“Turn around.”

Kuja turned and saw the group that follow them stop, and from the shadows six, seven, twelve, fifteen more appear.

“How many?”

“About twenty.” Kuja replied as he finished counting.

“Very good, and just wait.”

“For?”

A low rumble reverberated through the alleyway. Kuja noted the water shaking and the small cans rumbling. He saw each of the Gand laughing to themselves as the latter group made way for something, something large. From the outside he saw a two-legged mechanical vehicle rumble forth. It bent legged design squatted on a large square head. On each side were two cannons and small visor at near the top of the vehicle’s canopy.

“Master?”

“It’s an AT-PT.”

“I know that, my question is what are we going to do about it.”

Derith turned and smiled. The Gand do not talk before they kill, they just wait and screech after wards. The assembled twenty on the far end had spread themselves out for a perfect shot at both Jedi and enough room for the AT-PT to get clean hits. The leader held up his arm, waiting.

“Master?”

“Wait for my signal.” Derith said as he calmly walked towards them.

The lead Gand seeing one of the Jedi walk forward lowered his hand and the air erupted in blaster fire.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

At the risk of getting castrated by Zaia ... FIRST TO POST! :D

I loved the cut scene between the groups of best friends. Well done!
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

*castrates Crown* :D

Great chapter! Oh, and:
“How the…nevermind, it’ll likely have an explanation that makes as much sense as Master Dalton’s love for Krispie Kremes.” Connor said massaging his wrist.
...Somebody's in trouble... :wink:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

*glowers* There are no Krispy Kreme franchises in the Star Wars galaxy.

Melonhead.
JMS 4:22 | Image
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Daltonator wrote:*glowers* There are no Krispy Kreme franchises in the Star Wars galaxy.

Melonhead.
You are absolutely correct.

That's why they're Krispie Kremes :wink:

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Daltonator wrote:*glowers* There are no Krispy Kreme franchises in the Star Wars galaxy.

Melonhead.
You are absolutely correct.

That's why they're Krispie Kremes :wink:
Oh, do shut up. Bitch.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Zaia wrote:*castrates Crown* :D
Hey, since I am now a eunuch, can I joing SOS :?:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Crown wrote:
Remember jmac said you have to have a full sex change.

But hey you wouldn't have to change your name much, eh Stephanie :P :wink:

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Crown wrote:
Remember jmac said you have to have a full sex change.

But hey you wouldn't have to change your name much, eh Stephanie :P :wink:
Oh you are sooooo fucked now Denise! :P 8)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

“Master?”

“It’s an AT-PT.”

“I know that, my question is what are we going to do about it.”
Jeez Derith, I might have no street smarts to speak of, but I'm not a moron! :D
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Kuja wrote:Jeez Derith, I might have no street smarts to speak of, but I'm not a moron! :D
*points and laughs* :P

That's what you get for saying I'm part-Italian when I'm actually part-Irish! Hah!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia wrote:*points and laughs* :P

That's what you get for saying I'm part-Italian when I'm actually part-Irish! Hah!
At least I got the right continent! :D
JADAFETWA
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Kuja wrote:
Zaia wrote:*points and laughs* :P

At least I got the right continent! :D
So you're saying your aim's just a wee bit off eh, Deadeye?

What will the other ladies say? :P

haas mark

Post by haas mark »

I'm sure it wasn't necessarily meant to be funny, but I had to stop twice because I was laughing so hard (the Verilon bit for one, cos I WOULD be that hardass, and the Ibie-Zaia/Derith-Connor conversations because it was absolutely *hilarious*).

Formerly verilon

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

verilon wrote:I'm sure it wasn't necessarily meant to be funny, but I had to stop twice because I was laughing so hard (the Verilon bit for one, cos I WOULD be that hardass, and the Ibie-Zaia/Derith-Connor conversations because it was absolutely *hilarious*).
Actually I think it was... :D
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Zaia wrote:
verilon wrote:I'm sure it wasn't necessarily meant to be funny, but I had to stop twice because I was laughing so hard (the Verilon bit for one, cos I WOULD be that hardass, and the Ibie-Zaia/Derith-Connor conversations because it was absolutely *hilarious*).
Actually I think it was... :D
Well, maybe just not as funny as *I* found it. ;P

Formerly verilon

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Fair enough.

You just liked the thought of Debi gettin' trashed. Admit it. :D

Hey, I did too! *chuckles*
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

yeah, 'coz that happens so rarely...
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Zaia wrote:Fair enough.

You just liked the thought of Debi gettin' trashed. Admit it. :D

Hey, I did too! *chuckles*
:lol: No, not because of that.. more because I could actually see the scene played out in my mind and everything.. just like a movie. I was rolling. :P

Formerly verilon

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

verilon wrote::lol: No, not because of that.. more because I could actually see the scene played out in my mind and everything.. just like a movie. I was rolling. :P
Agreed. :)

What will the other ladies say?
KUJA: Maybe we'll find a congenial female in town and she'll be taken with you and your little ways.

DERITH: It won't happen. You know what her first words will be?

KUJA: What?

DERITH: 'Kuja? The Kuja? Ooh, I'm feeling faint...'

KUJA: Look again.

DERITH: Oh, that's right, you're still wearing your Horrible Burn Victim facial makeup. Maybe I have a chance after all.
JADAFETWA
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Kuja wrote:

What will the other ladies say?
KUJA: Maybe we'll find a congenial female in town and she'll be taken with you and your little ways.

DERITH: It won't happen. You know what her first words will be?

KUJA: What?

DERITH: 'Kuja? The Kuja? Ooh, I'm feeling faint...'

KUJA: Look again.

DERITH: Oh, that's right, you're still wearing your Horrible Burn Victim facial makeup. Maybe I have a chance after all.
Kuja rushes into Zaia's arms. He embraces the fullness of her lips with his own. Her entices his mind with the sweet smell of her hair.

"Kuja" a voice behind him calls out.

He continues his passionate embrace, ignoring the small distant voice, nipping down her neck.

"Kuja!" the voice behind him now yells.

He turns and sees Derith standing there, his arms crossed.

"Yeeeess?"

"I understand, your love for furry things, but kissing Master Dalton is not going to get you any bonus points."

Kuja laughed as he fumbled with his hands in 'Zaia' hair. It did seem more course then he remembered. He also didn't remember any her ever having such a disctinct breath. He turned as the world comes flooding in, and sees a large growling wookiee staring at him and remembered an old tale of arm ripping.