The rebirth of "MechWarrior: Scorched Earth"

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Steve
Emperor's Hand

The rebirth of "MechWarrior: Scorched Earth"

Post by Steve »

After an individual showed a lot of interest in seeing the original, I took to doing some edits to prevent horrible embarrassment. Then those edits became something more as I struck upon the perfect compromise between maintaining the original story and making it better after four years of additional writing experience.

Thus, I now give you the first episode of "MechWarrior: Scorched Earth - The Ultimate Edition". It is just shy of 32,000 words.

http://www.grimcon.com/stgjr/mwse/ep1.htm

Those of you who want a .rtf or .doc file, lemme know. Feedback will be welcome. :)

Die-hard Habbies need not read. :P:twisted:8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Clan-bashing, an abundance of well-favored women, board members...yep, that's our Steve. :D
JADAFETWA
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Kuja wrote:Clan-bashing, an abundance of well-favored women, board members...yep, that's our Steve. :D
"Well-favored women"? :P Heh. I didn't intend to make that many "babes", though considering they're all military, they're going to at least be in shape, and some will look good. :)

As for board members, yeah. Used to be more, but they're SB old-timers and I removed them 'cause they're not around anyway. I've toyed with letting SDNers sign up, like I did for SB 4 years ago, but I'm trying to limit the scale of the rewrite this time.

What's really fun, though, is that Scorched Earth actually has other writers. My fanfic has other "fanfic" writers, though I've given them official status and generally make sure their stuff counts in the grand scheme of things. :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

As a great fan of Mechwarrior and Battletech I say this is an awesome story.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Steve wrote:What's really fun, though, is that Scorched Earth actually has other writers. My fanfic has other "fanfic" writers, though I've given them official status and generally make sure their stuff counts in the grand scheme of things. :)
That's great! I actually got an idea for a SE story while I was reading. Maybe once I get a few prvious projects out of the way, I'll write it. :D
JADAFETWA