My Personal Flightsim Fleet.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Australian Approach and Departure plates

theyre from Airservices Australia and are good for real world use also.

Approach and Depature data for the UK you have to register and login, but it's free... also good for real world use.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Sobelair 767-3BG/ER

Post by jenat-lai »

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Last is just perfect

"Floating above the clouds...
not a care in the world...
looking down at the world, farms all over...

I just hope...
My engines don't fall off...
I only got two...
Just two
In this world"

sums up my thoughts.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

The Other Sobelair 767. This aircraft is an unusual one as it owned by Sabena and 'rented' to Sobelair, even though Sobelair and Sabena were fundementally the same company. Go Belgians :P. for a country that's smaller than most US states, it does pretty well to have had 3 major airlines operating out of it pre September 2001. those being Sabena, Sobelair and Citybird.

these shots were taken whyle activley flying on Vatsim... part of my vatsim flight plan is shown here:

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

here is a 767's Flight Manegement Computer interface. currently it is on the "Position Reporting" screen

There's about 200 different modes and submodes this system can display and enact. It's a complicated extention to the Autopilot and navigation systems, and it also handles fuel calculations, auto thrust systems and all kinds of wonderfull things that are very usefull to making an airliner flight smooth, safe and economic as possible.

and here is a close detail of the 767 panel, from this you could easily see how my flight was progressing at that time. ;) (edit... oh yeh, the clock/chronometer shows 5 mins, but has actually been running for 65mins. some annoying bug in the programming makes the hour mark dissapear till you stop the clock. I am reliably informed that the real chronometers in Aircraft do not do this)

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Detroit Metro Flyin... the long way

Post by jenat-lai »

for 13 hours straight, I was logged into the Vatsim network for the Detroit Metro flyin (with the bonous of being in the draw to win a free $40US addon aircraft for just participating)

My first trip of the day was in my rather new addition to my fleet, the Sobelair/Sabena 767-33A/ER. under the callsign "Sobelair 725"

Departure was from Athens, Greece for a direct, 10 hour flight to Detroit.

With the aircraft heavy with fuel for the long flight, and with 207 passengers, and 8 crew aboard, we used most of the runway on the takeoff run, rotating at 152 knots with flap 15 set. After liftoff and beginning the gear retraction, engines at 98% N1, the climb rate was quite spritely to keep speed down so we could get the flaps up on schedule. over the first 30 seconds we were at about a 15 degree nose up angle, climbing at about 9 degrees. approximatley 6* angle of attack at the early stages.

The weather on this early morning departure was clear, but with a heavy fog in the mountanous areas, and some low cloud which made things interesting for the pictures :P

contrails forming in my engine thrust stream, whyle the aircraft itself is obscured in the cloud

The long atlantic crossing dragged on through the night and morning. 5 hours of water... The engines continued to produce contrail in the cold high altitude air at 34,000ft... The temperature outside the aircraft was reported at
-61 degrees Celcius. There was also a solid headwind of 45 knots, which was expected and planned for accordingly before takeoff.

I went to sleep a few times, keeping the sound on for any alert tones. However traffic was rather light overall. and only the 45 minute position reports were to give us anything to really do

As we approached Detroit, it became apparent that the atmosphere of light sporadic traffic in the atlantic was not going to be characteristic of the approach and landing. Contacting one of the Canadian centres (Montreal I think?) some of us got put into holding patterns to give the guys on Cleveland Centre and Detroit Approach some space to work with... a quick look at the ATC overview showed why.

very buisy traffic in and around the Detroit area.

The weather in detroit was thunderstormy and rainy. Large high cumocumbolous cloud was dotted through the area, increasing the workload as some traffic requested deviations from track to avoid the worst of it.

Rain activity approaching Detroit

and over detroit itself

Landed in Detroit I decided to make another flight. a Quicker one this time, to new York.

The weather of course still in it's overcast state.

The radio was quite buisy as both arrivals and departures continued to bombard the airport and controllers from all sides. The clouds making it even more interesting.

untill we finally climbed to a point where we were over them.

After landing in New York, I made a quick change of aircraft to a 737-700 of FedEx

for a quick departure.

including flying over some of the photographic scenery in the sim, and heading back to Detroit, to finish the day off.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

You sir, are either out of your mind... or just love net flying :P

What happened to sleep? fucking? eating? toilet?

:P
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Ace Pace wrote:What happened to sleep? fucking? eating? toilet?
Just like on a real airliner, you can do all those things enroute.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:What happened to sleep? fucking? eating? toilet?
Just like on a real airliner, you can do all those things enroute.
Amen to that. lol. Yes, I ate dinner and breakfast during the flight. Went to the toilet at least twice, and slept for about 6 hours in 2 hour bursts. No Joining of the virtual Mile High club though :P

You may also note that there are 18 other aircraft doing trans-atlantics, along with me ;) At least Im not alone hehe.

Also read this report of the event at the official vatsim site, pictures of the radar screens also included:

http://www.zobartcc.org/events/mcm2/
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

The AN-225 stands ready to deliver shit for you in all weather!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

aah, the russian big iron comes to play :)
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

first kinda sucks.

second goes, wallpaper, now.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

The second one's plane is a historical uglymeister :P. the first is a very nice plane :)... but yah, the ground looks a little unfortunate.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Ace Pace wrote:first kinda sucks.
You call a B-58 Hustler rolling out over the National Mall to drop a nuke
"boring" :lol:

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

MKSheppard wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:first kinda sucks.
You call a B-58 Hustler rolling out over the National Mall to drop a nuke
"boring" :lol:
Nah, he said it kinda sucks... the kids obsessed with ground textures :P

anyway.the B-58 is very nice... but this is even better. *bwahaha*

Ps. if you can, it'd be appreciated to keep the pictures width to 750 pixels or less... I'll give leeway up to 780 tho. I don't care about height ;) It's great to have someone else contributing to the thread too tho :)
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Does it have FIREFOX?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Vympel wrote:Does it have FIREFOX?
*somewhere in a Secret russian base....*

BLAM BLAM

"SOMEONE STOP HIM! STOP HIM!"

BLAM BLAM BLAM

Ha ha ha, you stupid commies can't find me in your super dooper
MiG-31 Firefox. Bye bye suckers.

And of course......

"Allright, let's get this show on the road. Time to go toe to toe
with the Rooskies in nuclear combat."

"Climbing past Mach 2, and passing 45,000 feet, we'll soon be on our
way to Moscow at Mach 3. :twisted: :twisted: "

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Wow, how did I ever miss this uber cool thread? :shock:

Some of these pictures are amazing!
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Hey, Shep, what game be those pics from. Chardok want make nuclear prettycloud.

EDIT______________________________________________________________________

Additionally, Great shots. Some I find hard to believe are a sim...the intelligence valuse of that game is positively enormous. If it is as detailed and complex as it appears...it almost looks as if you could damn near get your FAA license flying it.

Though I prefer the more simplistic BF1942 control scheme :)
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

"Allright, let's get this show on the road. Time to go toe to toe
with the Rooskies in nuclear combat."
That's a Valkurie right?
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Chardok wrote:If it is as detailed and complex as it appears...it almost looks as if you could damn near get your FAA license flying it.
I found MSFS to be very useful when I was going for an instrument rating, but that was about it.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Wicked Pilot wrote: I found MSFS to be very useful when I was going for an instrument rating, but that was about it.
Admit it, you've always wanted to go buzz the White house
at Mach 2 in a F-16 :twisted:

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

jenat-lai wrote:That's a Valkurie right?
Yep XB-70 Valkryi. You can get it from www.flightsim.com

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

MKSheppard wrote:
Wicked Pilot wrote: I found MSFS to be very useful when I was going for an instrument rating, but that was about it.
Admit it, you've always wanted to go buzz the White house
at Mach 2 in a F-16 :twisted:
no, never wanted to buzz the White house in an F-16 :P