My Personal Flightsim Fleet.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

you don't technically have to do anything illegal to fly very close to the white house either. Standard departure off runway 01 from KDCA (Ronald Reagan National Airport)

Image[/url]
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

THE EYE's! someone crop that ground texture :P

now tell the truth, did you load up a 747 with fuel and bomb the white house?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Ace Pace wrote:THE EYE's! someone crop that ground texture :P

now tell the truth, did you load up a 747 with fuel and bomb the white house?
I hope your not talking about the shot of KDCA airport from the Dassault Falcon 50 :P that's actually a reasonably good ground texture. The shot of the pentagon however does leave much to be desired.

No, I actually find flying into buildings to be pointless. Shall I enjoy the challenge of a 2 hour cruise followed by a tough 20 minute approach to minimums and landing in heavy rain and fog? or have a 3 second joy of flying a jet into a random building. Believe me, after a few times it gets boring. It's like playing Counterstrike or Battlefield 1942 so you can find how many ways you can shoot yourself, or jump off high enough buildings that you die in one fall. Fun the first few times, but after a while it's boring.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

well, it could be boring, but a one time strike at bush office will be fun :P
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

*somewhere in a Secret russian base....*
That Firefox model is fucking sweet ...
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

With all the A380 fanboyism starting to come to the fore today. I thought I'd counter it with this:

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

New FS2004 addon coming soon: Wings of Power by www.shockwaveproductions.com

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

NICE airplane... now does FS support bombs? :P

nice runway too, we can't see the ground so perfect.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Less exotic from my standpoint. Virgin Blue 737-700 at 34,000ft over far west victoria, flying from Melbourne to Adelaide during a Vatsim Australia region event.

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

oh, by the way, Shep, would it be possible for you to trim 50 pixels off your pics width in the B17 post? 750 pixels wide is what I'm trying to keep as, just so the forum doesn't stretch out in my forum skin. I don't care if it's 1800 pixels tall, but 750 wide is what Im trying to keep.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

and for something completley different... I after getting 'bored' of flying 737's I decided to fly something else for a rather difficult glide approach.

All the way from 80 miles up and mach 25 ;) down to zero speed zero altitude hehe

Starting to hit the upper atmosphere about 80 miles up

interesting angle of the beginning of maximum dynamic pressure buildup

what can I say? Pretty hot out there right about now!

slowing down over texas.

overhead the Cape. There's the runway we will eventually land on! 28km straight down.

This is actually looking down at the ocean in the big 270 degree turn to finals runway 33, at Kennedy Space Centre. We are banked about 45 degrees right, and looking at the shuttle from the 'upper' wing of the banked attitude

Some S turns to bleed off some speed for landing on finals. (Still at 40,000ft mind you)

lined up on finals. using the tail-mounted speedbreak to manage speed durning the final descent (now at about 10,000ft)

Final Approach to the runway... known as the "Pre Flare" stage

and the flare itself

for a nice touchdown on runway 33
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Random pic of the day.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

No pics today, too darn buisy. Im also wanting to do a series on Space Shuttle Endeavour to the International Space Station... but I also bought a new thing for Flightsim that stablizes the system a bit more in trim and gives me forcefeedback effects for my sidewinder forcefeedback which are far more usefull... like trim off-centre centring. A few pics should be on their way tomorow evening, about 24 hours time.

but to tie you over... Gemini Spacecraft launching from Cape Canaveral in the 1960's
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

On second thoughts... I thought I'd add this too. Took it a whyle back and never posted it.

-edit- siggified also.
Last edited by jenat-lai on 2004-05-31 08:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Official SD.net Simmer and Appreciator of Aircraft and Spacecraft.
Prolific vatsim pilot. See theOfficial Vatsim ATC and multiplayer traffic display
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

WOOOT! SUN SUN SUN SUN!

and ya... the plane\rocket is nice.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Flew on vatsim today in my favourite plane. Part of a normal training flight for Navs in Australia. Goulburn to Wagga Wagga in a Cessna C172 painted like the aircraft I have most of my real life time in, VH-MHG. (see my avitar for the real one ;) )

anyhoo the pics.

8,500ft over the little town of Tumut. Tumut has a small brown grass strip which blends into the background and is near impossible to spot both in real life and in flightsim.

Pretty much all thats out here is farms and arrid ground. IRL it is just as brown as in this sim. Been droughts out this area for the last few years. There are however lots of flat, hard fields, to which we sometimes practice engine failure glide approaches to on occasion. (to 1000ft above the field then going around).

I didn't take any pictures of Wagga, because the scenery there isn't that good, and even if it was realistic, it'd just be 'more of the same' with the only difference being a runway. Inbound there were about 4 aircraft flying in and out of Wagga within 10 mins of when I was there, but the only aircraft I saw on approach was one holding off runway 05 waiting for me to land, and one Saab 340b that had arrived about 5 mins before myself at the terminal. I went to the grass parking outside the General Aviation Hangers... An enjoyable flight for the technicalities, not so great on the eye.

Prolific vatsim pilot. See theOfficial Vatsim ATC and multiplayer traffic display
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

New Aircraft of interest coming. DC10

Not inlined due to width.

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

And todays item of whimsy, is:

And todays flight for Vatsim is Denver to Phoenix in an American 767-300ER

(airborne climbing over the Rockies)

(and 35,000ft over the rockies)

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Just how extensive is that game? Can you fly to some far out country, such as Tibet, or are isolated countries like that not supported?
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

jenat-lai wrote:but to tie you over... Gemini Spacecraft launching from Cape Canaveral in the 1960's
Reminds me of something called "orbiter' right down to the way that
Cape Caneveral is remarkably weel detailed while the rest of the earth isn't
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Indeed yes. it is orbiter

Which I have much fun time with also, testing out Elli's vector analysis maths out on :P (and orbiter... or the maths... is usually accurate enough to be right) I just happen to enjoy Flying in all it's guises, be it at 1,500ft in a Cessna, 35,000ft in a 767, or 100 miles up in a Space shuttle... 4000miles up on the way to the moon in an Apollo trying to dock with the LEM and plotting out the mid course correction.

Anyway, Here's the latest shot from me. Something very close to home. Qantas 767-338ER flying overhead my home town Sydney :)

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

ALI_G wrote:Just how extensive is that game? Can you fly to some far out country, such as Tibet, or are isolated countries like that not supported?
All countries are 'There' although some areas aren't as detailed as others, however all major airports are modeled, even if they only have the runways and taxiways and 'default' buildings to simulate the area. Some minor airports only have runways. and some light aircraft airfields have been omitted. However Addons are easy-ish to make, and there are many addons that fix up and enhance entire countries. For instance I have flown myself to Tonga, Figi, Seychelles, St Maarten in the Dutch Indies, Haiiti, the Dominican Republic, Most of europe (spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Finland, UK, Italy, Greece, and Croatia) also Dubai in the UAE, Calcutta in India, Singapore, HongKong, Most if not all of Australia (being Australian myself) New Zealand, Argentina, Hawaii, Alaska, Russia (moskow and Petrovaskolov), and A couple of places in Japan, and once to Beijing during Worldflight, and Taipei also. Of course I'v also flown in the US and Canida. even made it to Mexico on occasion. About the only place I havn't really flown is the North and South pole, and Im told this is the only place where there is really nothing out there for flightsim... however that reflects real life. I'v flown over Greenland in the past on one of my flights, and it's just white as far as the eye can see. I suspect the Polar regions are similar. And in real life too... however as we know there are 'base camps' with ice runways out that way in real life, but as far as I can tell, they don't exist in the sim. However if someone added one via addon program, it wouldn't be too hard. I'm however told there is a funny bug that exists beyond 85 degrees lattitude also that prevents you from conducting normal operations north of 85 north. Never having been out that way myself, I can't confirm or deny this.

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Welcome to Adelaide ;)

Qantas 767-338ER on the ground at Adelaide Airport in Australia