Fast Times at SD High Teaser

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I wish to read more of this.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Durandal wrote:Degan is not a chemistry teacher.
He is now. :P :wink:

Seriously, that was just a joke. I'm not trying to second-guess you guys or anything, honest.
3. Nobody, but nobody, would dare fire a rocket at Mr. Degan. Would YOU fire a rocket at a teacher who bore a striking resemblance to Megatron?
1. I wouldn't, but apparently Nitram would.

2. Depends on the rocket.

:P
JADAFETWA
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

All will be revealed shortly.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Funny that my ten year reunion is coming up...
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I would like to be in this
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

On people requesting to be in:

We're going to make an honest effort to include as many people as possible. However, we're trying to keep these down to such a length that they could be acted out in half-an-hour, and we've already got a number of main and recurring characters who need screen time, and a long list of people we want to include. The only concievable way to fit everyone would be to name virtually every extra and background character, and that would get tiresome to write and read. So we can't take requests.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

RedImperator wrote:On people requesting to be in:

We're going to make an honest effort to include as many people as possible. However, we're trying to keep these down to such a length that they could be acted out in half-an-hour, and we've already got a number of main and recurring characters who need screen time, and a long list of people we want to include. The only concievable way to fit everyone would be to name virtually every extra and background character, and that would get tiresome to write and read. So we can't take requests.
Completely understood. Just gotta hope I'm one of those recurring characters then. :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I wouldn't mind being one of those who get a passing mention but no screen time.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Jaded Masses wrote:I dispute that! at least for my school. The JROTC are some of the most powerful/popular people in the school, esp. since many of the hottest girls are members....
Was it an Air Force unit? I swear they attract the hottest women somehow...
Jaded Masses wrote:The only jeering I hear is when they do the flag march thing at assemblies. The four ladies are decidedly unimpressive, music would make it much better thought of. What music can be played at the presenting of the flag?
Color Guards? Well, aside from the national anthemn (Duh! - though only after they get in position, and are ready to present...hopefully :roll: ) they could do some kind of drum/march on type music. Nothing too flashy though, AFAIK.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I was in the CA-954th Cadet Squadron. I was a Staff Sergeant. It was an AFJROTC unit.

We had the best drill team in the Western US.

But I had to leave when we moved.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Well, if you ever need someone to disrupt a classroom with a well-timed but inappropriate wisecrack, I'm your man. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Jaded Masses
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaded Masses »

RogueIce wrote: Was it an Air Force unit? I swear they attract the hottest women somehow...
Nope, I'm pretty sure it's army.
Color Guards? Well, aside from the national anthemn (Duh! - though only after they get in position, and are ready to present...hopefully :roll: ) they could do some kind of drum/march on type music. Nothing too flashy though, AFAIK.
There isn't even the national anthem (well, sometimes a student sings it), and no marching music. Its completely silent except for their foot steps, and the one lady's meek, quiet voice saying stuff like "order arms" and "left, left, right, left". And while their foot work and stuff is all very precise, it really is pretty boring to watch them. The drill team is more fun (though I am always reminded of the drill in Monty Python) to watch, but really could have use some sound.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Jaded Masses wrote:Nope, I'm pretty sure it's army.
The ones in green? Not blue? Well, I guess it's easy to tell, but hey, I just thought I'd check. :)

Whoa...an Army unit attracting a large chunk of beautiful women? I mean, yes, the Army does have some (Hell, even the Marines got a few :wink: ) by sheer inevitability, but a large chunk of 'em? :shock:

Unless they're using it to just get out of PE/Health or whatever the Army allows 'em to get out of. Then it makes sense. :)
Jaded Masses wrote:There isn't even the national anthem (well, sometimes a student sings it), and no marching music. Its completely silent except for their foot steps, and the one lady's meek, quiet voice saying stuff like "order arms" and "left, left, right, left". And while their foot work and stuff is all very precise, it really is pretty boring to watch them. The drill team is more fun (though I am always reminded of the drill in Monty Python) to watch, but really could have use some sound.
Drill Teams are always fun. :)

The CG should have at least the pledge if there's no anthemn. Otherwise, it's kinda, well, pointless.

And the whole point of a CG is to be more formal/somber. You're not supposed to expect fun out of it. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Crystal chief. When's the ETA? I want (need) to see this!

BTW, did you get my PM regarding my wanting to be in the Writer's Guild? Or do you think I'm still too sucky to join?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Requests should be organized on the basis of seniority. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

If there is room, could I please get a mention or something.

For reference, I was the smart ass in school who sat up the back. I did nothing but was a class clown, loved by all.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I have to wonder what part of "We're not taking requests" has evaded people. I don't want to sound like an asshole, because this whole thing is all in good fun, but it does take work to write it. We'd rather deliver quality than give every member possible a cameo.

And for reference, we don't know what anyone here was like in high school because that's not relevant. Red and I were both straight-arrows in high school; neither of us smoked weed, did drugs, drank, et cetera. This is a sharp contrast to how we are in the fic (contemptible stoners).

What we look at is what people are like on the board, as personalities. And even that doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot unless we want it to (does anyone here honestly envision Stravo as a bitter drunk?). Your status on the board will determine how you fit in to the story, because what we're doing is translating the board into a high school environment.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Durandal wrote:I have to wonder what part of "We're not taking requests" has evaded people. I don't want to sound like an asshole, because this whole thing is all in good fun, but it does take work to write it. We'd rather deliver quality than give every member possible a cameo.

And for reference, we don't know what anyone here was like in high school because that's not relevant. Red and I were both straight-arrows in high school; neither of us smoked weed, did drugs, drank, et cetera. This is a sharp contrast to how we are in the fic (contemptible stoners).

What we look at is what people are like on the board, as personalities. And even that doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot unless we want it to (does anyone here honestly envision Stravo as a bitter drunk?). Your status on the board will determine how you fit in to the story, because what we're doing is translating the board into a high school environment.
It sounds awesome Durandel, can't wait until the chapters start coming out... it'll be all I have to read really since Gnome Hunter and StarCrossed have not been out recently.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

ENOUGH TALK!!! FASTER WRITING OF CHAPTERS!!!!

Come on! We're depraved of Starcrossed, Cain and Abel and all other juicy stuff! :cry: *starts twitching* Need....feed.....arrkk....*curls up and foams up*

If Stravo's a bitter drunk, I wonder what Wong will be :lol:
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Durandal wrote:...does anyone here honestly envision Stravo as a bitter drunk?
*Raises hand slowly, looking from side to side.* :D
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Stravo as bitter? Possibly. As a drunk? Definitely. It is Stravo as an administrator that I have problems with.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Trekdestroyer
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Trekdestroyer »

can I be a drunk/stoned hobo in front of the school holding a 'Free Tibet' sign? :mrgreen:
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Trekdestroyer wrote:can I be a drunk/stoned hobo in front of the school holding a 'Free Tibet' sign? :mrgreen:
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Trekdestroyer
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Trekdestroyer »

fine I guess I 'm stuck being the redshirt shot by another random redshirt :lol:
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

The names of those slandering me have been duly noted....what the fuck I'll do about it is beyond me but they have been noted.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2