Star Trek/Star Wars: The Best of Both Worlds

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

JME2, Robert has voluntarily left SD.net and probably won't return for quite some time. Don't expect him to respond and don't think he's ignoring you.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alyeska wrote:JME2, Robert has voluntarily left SD.net and probably won't return for quite some time. Don't expect him to respond and don't think he's ignoring you.
Que? When did this happen?
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

* From this point onwards, I will stop referring to the Star Wars as ‘That Galaxy Far, Far Away’. From hereon, it will be known as the Corusca Galaxy, as suggested in years past by fans (and readers of this story) alike.
I am not sure about this. The Galaxy far, far away sounds better than Corusca galaxy. It has a mythological feel to it.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

evilcat4000 wrote:
* From this point onwards, I will stop referring to the Star Wars as ‘That Galaxy Far, Far Away’. From hereon, it will be known as the Corusca Galaxy, as suggested in years past by fans (and readers of this story) alike.
I am not sure about this. The Galaxy far, far away sounds better than Corusca galaxy. It has a mythological feel to it.
Well, we'll see. I might change it back in a few chapters; I'm also waiting for further feedback from a few other readers outside of sd.net before I make a final decision.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Okay, time for an update on the status of chapter 14. It is, simply put, not close toready and for two good reasons.

1. Since it is summer-time, my spare-hours are limited.

2. I am also trying to write updates for other stories of mine.

But despite all that, I haven't forgotten about it and I'm still working on it. Thanks for your patience.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

JME2 wrote:Okay, time for an update on the status of chapter 14. It is, simply put, not close toready and for two good reasons.

But despite all that, I haven't forgotten about it and I'm still working on it. Thanks for your patience.
Not at all, take all the time you need. I quite understand the constraits of real life. I myself haven't been able to find time for my somewhat medicore fanfic myself (link below) due to GSCE exams.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

JME2 wrote:Okay, time for an update on the status of chapter 14. It is, simply put, not close toready and for two good reasons.

Dont worry. Your loyal fans will be patient.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

evilcat4000 wrote:

Dont worry. Your loyal fans will be patient.
Ah, thank you. Sayings like that truly make this a worthwhile experience. In any event, I can promise major turning points and surprises galore.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

(CW hold the whip back for a moment)

Okay, I thought I'd give an update on the status of Chapter 14.

Simply put, it's not done yet. But it's coming along. I may have it up before the weekend, but I'm not sure yet.

anyway, I've read complaints and suggestions made towards the other chapters and Chapter 14 will benefit from these valid remarks.

Without giving too much away, Ch. 14 is really going to go be about the characters, with a scene with Troi/Riker over the delay of their wedding and a look at the Solo kids on Earth (Anakin meets a certain Scotsman; let me put it that way :twisted: )

There will also be major events to be seen. After 13 chapters, the riddle of the Merging will finally be answered - at least in part. Certainly, you the reader will know what Q, the Stranger, the Feds/NR, and hell even the Vong will be facing. But how the hell they have a chance of stopping it will not be quite so easily answered.

The Vong/Borg angle will also be answered, leading to shocking revelation aboard the bridge of Axum's Diamond, in the far reaches of the Gamma Qaudrant, and in the dark halls of Overlord Shimmra himself that will change EVERYTHING as you know it.

Hope this keeps people interested. Thanks for your support as always.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Seems like the new chapter is going to be great. Keep up the good work. Take your time if needed. I am prepared to wait for a good chapter.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Since when was i whipping? I recall brain frying via a goa'uld Hand device but no whip. so :P

Niext chapter sounds like it rocks,. Long live BoBW :!::!::!:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright; you wanted it? You've got it!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Disclaimer: Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry and owned by Paramount Pictures. Stat Wars created by George Lucas and owned by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm. I own the story and any original characters/species. No copyright infringement is intended.

The Best of Both Worlds: Part XIV

“Sometimes we have to do a thing in order to find out the reason for it. Sometimes our actions are questions, not answers.”
- John Le Carre: A Perfect Spy-

Somewhere in the Universe

“I give you the Merging.”

The Stranger had whirled his right hand through the air as if he were conducting an orchestra. Such a metaphor, Picard thought, was accurate. This Stranger, like Q, was clearly a master of space and time, its energies a mere plaything to this being. Yet, unlike Q, the Stranger had a clear and solemn respect and care for the fantastic forces he wielded.

The flames leaped about and formed the image of two galaxies slowly fading away, almost as if they were becoming one…

“This is a representation amongst the flames, of the Merging -- that which is, which was, and is yet to come for when – Q, put the popcorn away.”

The entity of the Q Continuum stopped crunching on the Earth snack that he had conjured up from within the folds of his judge’s robes.

“Why? Popcorn helps make flashbacks and lectures far more tolerable for me.”

Everyone in the gathering from the other four gods to the two mortals just starred at him. Q finally sighed.”

“Fine. But…”

“But what?”

“Well, can I at least keep the chocolate-covered raisins out?”

As if on cue, the mortals and the gods all chimed in as one voice. It was a voice that rocked the chamber and was worthy of its recipient.

“Q!”

“Kidding: I kid. Now, can we please get the show started; the audience is getting restless.”

The Stranger ignored Q and instead turned back to Picard and Skywalker.

“I offer my apologies for the gross misbehavior of this representative. Past representatives to this gathering from the Q Continuum have tended to be more…disciplined than this one.”

The Starfleet captain simply shrugged.

“It’s quite all right, Stranger. I’ve had to put up with it for fifteen years.”

“Seven, technically,” Q muttered from the side; no one paid him any heed.

“It’s Master Skywalker who – Master Skywalker?”

The aged Jedi Master’s head had drooped slightly, his artificial right hand rubbing his forehead as if to relax a feeling of pain or drowsiness.

“I’m sorry. I keep finding myself distracted by the Force aura that surrounds Q and the others.”

That was true. He had felt tremendous Force surges through his years traveling the galaxy from Palpatine to Waru to Kyp Durron and back again. But none of these experiences, his recollections of Force signatures, compared to the five beings seated before the fire of cosmic energies.

Especially the Emissary, Benjamin Sisko.

After their initial meeting aboard the Enterprise-E before they had crossed back through the wormhole, Luke had read up on the world that Sisko had looked after, cared for, and protected for seven years, the world of Bajor. He had been fascinated by their culture, by their concept of pagh, and so much more. At the first chance, conflict with the Yuuzhan Vong or no conflict with the Yuuzhan Vong, he intended to visit that planet.

The Stranger gazed upon Luke, his eyes, though barely discernable beneath the hood of his robes, twinkled in slight amusement.

“Ah yes, the Force.”

“You make it sound like you’ve never heard of it?”

“Believe me, I am quite familiar with it. I simply know it by other names across space and time. The Source. The Starheart. The Spark. And yes, the Merging.”

Luke’s eyes widened.

“Wait, what are you saying?”

“I’m saying that, very simply put, the Merging is entropy on a cosmic scale. However, it is not by natural causes – Force energy is involved to a degree.

“You make it sound like it’s the will of the Force.

The Stranger chuckled slightly.

“It does seem to have a mind of its own, yes. But therein lies that which is the Merging.”

Skywalker shook his head in frustration and confusion. This conversation was reminding him too much of Yoda’s lectures, still as fresh as they were annoying in his head all these years later.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand, even with my knowledge of the Force.”

The entity sat back, musing to himself as Picard stole a glance towards Q who simply shrugged at the Captain’s gaze, snapped his fingers, and in a flash was dressed no longer in his judges robes, but rather in a twentieth-century era green business suit and bowler hat, all adorned with stylized question marks.

“Don’t look at me Jean-Luc; I have no idea what’s going on either.”

This got Picard’s attention.

“What…wait Q, you said the Merging was a threat to all existence and yet you have no idea of its cause?!”

Before Q could respond, there came an exclamation from the Stranger.

“Ah yes. That’s it!”

The Quintessence’s Chairman waved his hand towards the fire-pit once more. The burning collection of energies formed into the upper portion of a humanoid body, revolving slightly atop the flickering flames for the Quintessence and its human audience to gaze upon.

“Ooh, pretty,” Q shot off as he reverted from his Riddler’s garb back to his Judge Q garb. The Stranger paid him not even a glance and looked at Skywalker.

“Consider the Force to be like a person. It has a light side and its dark side, like everyone. Now, in this universe of opposites, consider this. If the Force as a whole represents a light side, should their not be a counterpart, an energy field that is the Alpha to its Omega, a force that wishes not salvation and progression, but destruction and carnage, shrink back and merge rather than expand?”

A second figure now joined the fire-created humanoid and both began to struggle and become one as they slowly merged.

“That, Master Skywalker, is what the Merging is; it is the Force from a certain point of view.”

Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Riker shook his head in disbelief, gazing upon the collection of senior-staff Starfleet officers and a solemn female Jedi sitting around the table situated to the side of the Enterprise’s bridge, with Admiral Kathryn Janeway present thanks to the holographic monitor. Everyone was clearly tired, with lines and bags under their eyes, the result of a lack of sleep from the discovery that had hit the Starfleet flagship

“Is this true?”

“You’re saying that there’s no sign of them, Worf?”

“That is correct, Commander. The computer failed to register the presence of either the Captain or Master Skywalker after 2134 hours yesterday.”

“The last time anyone heard from the Captain was when I contacted him on the update for repairs a few minutes earlier,” Geordi laForge added.

“Any sign of Transporter activity?”

“None whatsoever from either the Enterprise’s or anyone else in the vicinity. Add to the fact that the Cousteau, the Argo, and the rest of the shuttlecraft – not to mention the escape pods - are all accounted for, I can’t see how they got off the ship by convention means.”

“They didn’t.”

All eyes turned towards Mara Jade Skywalker, who was solemnly examining the glass case containing models of the previous Starships Enterprise that graced the side-wall.

“Mrs. Skywalker?”

Mara sighed before turning away from the golden ships and addressing the Enterprise senior staff.

“I…I don’t claim to be a Master of the Force on the same level that my husband is. But I can tell you that I sensed a kind of…presence in our quarters, almost like a footprint made up of residual Force-energy.”

“What could do you think it could have been?

“It felt strongly exactly like the energy ripple that the all of the Force sensitive individuals, my family, felt when Q and the Emissary appeared onboard this ship two weeks ago.”

The entire senior staff, well-experienced in the methods of the Q that they and their captain had been responsible for during their time aboard the previous Starship Enterprise, started nodding and Riker began speaking again.

“This sounds like something Q would do alright. The question is, why?”

Data was the first to respond to the first officer’s query.

“If we assume that Q s behind the disappearances, then perhaps he is trying to intimidate the Captain, as he has done on numerous occasions since the Farpoint mission. Again, the question is why – unless everything that has happened since the Enterprise was flung through the Earth-Naboo wormhole is another test of humanity.”

Mara shook her head at the android’s theory.

“No, I don’t think that’s it at all.”

“Hmm. Please tell us what you have formulated, Mrs. Skywalker.”

“Please, it’s Mara. My husband had said that this entity, Q, had spoken to him and my sister – as well as your captain – of a coming threat, of something he called the ‘Merging’.

Geordi nodded, seeing where Mara Jade Skywalker was going with this.

“And knowing Q the way we do, it’s possible that both may have been taken to see what we’re up against. It would be like when he introduced to the Borg at J-25.”

Riker sighed, his own experiences with Q and his attempts to offer Riker the Continuum’s power coming to mind and his inability to fully agree with the theory of the Enterprise’s chief engineer

“And if Q can be trusted then this may be a similar case. But until then, the Captain and the Jedi Master are officially MIA.”

Concern spread across Mara’s face.

“How heavily would that impact the signing of the accords?”

““The accords will be signed in another day. The Federation council members are making the final edits. It might do some minor damage, but the Councilors will probably believe your theory.”

Mara snorted.

“Viqi Shesh will probably try to play it off as an attempted Jedi-takeover of Starfleet, starting with the flagship.”

Janeway chuckled from the monitor.

“Ordinarily, yes. But given the substantial file on Q, and the word of a crew that has had more dealings with him over the last decade, even over myself and the Voyager, they’ll listen to us rather than Shesh in terms of experience.”

Mara sighed again, gazing out at the stars and the Federation defense platforms surrounding the Earth-end of the wormhole.

“I’m still worried about Senator Shesh, though. She’s done enough to stall any Republic progress in the war against the Vong. If that meeting with your Council is any indication, she’s opposed to a Federation-Republic Alliance – and it’s not for your perceived safety, I can tell you that much.

The debate on Shesh and politics in the Federation Council continued to go on for several more minutes before Riker, promoted to acting-skipper of the flagship until the ultimate fate of Captain Picard could be determined by Admiral Janeway, adjourned the meeting of the Senior Staff. But as the officers and Jedi exited out onto the bridge module, Will Riker had one final note to say.

“Deanna, if you have a moment?”

The Betazoid counselor stopped in her tracks and moved back towards Riker.

There was a short silence before Riker finally spoke to his Imazadi.

“Deanna, I want to apologize.”

“For what exactly, Will?”

“For all of the delays in the wedding that have been caused by -”

“Will, it’s alright. Duty takes concern over personal matters. Besides, I think it’s slightly fun to keep my mother in a panic over the continual delays.

“But Deanna, if we’re about to go war again alongside a vast and in many ways superior enemy, then what are the chances we’ll survive long enough to see that day?”

“Will, we both knew that from the start fifteen years ago when we first came on board the previous Enterprise. And believe me, with people like the Skywalkers and the Solos fighting alongside the Federation, we truly have a chance to forge a bold and different future for both galaxies.

Riker smirked.

“Now you’re starting to sound like the Captain.”

Troi grinned at his remark.

“Yes, but that Captain never does this, does he?

The two lovers leaned forward, embraced, and launched into a long, heartfelt kiss, confident that they would not be disturbed for this brief interlude of time by anyone.

And meters away, from the descending Turbolift, Mara Jade simply withdrew her reach into the Force from the briefing room and smiled. It quickly faded, however, when she thought of her own loved on.

Where was Luke Skywalker?

That Galaxy Far, Far Away

Despite its fast hyperdrive, which had originally been built by the Empire for its TIE-Hunter and TIE-Defender programs and had later been modified by the best and brightest in the EDF, a Chiss Clawcraft still took time to make the journey from the Unknown Regions to the Outer Rim, particularly if that destination in question was a formerly-out of the way planet called Naboo.

Colonel Jagged ‘Jag’ Fel had spent that time in the cramped confines of his personal Clawcraft peering over any and all information that the Chiss had intercepted on this Milky Way Galaxy – and the chances of an alliance with the Federation and the Republic succeeding and what effect it would have on the Invasion.

Militarily, the Vong were superior and different. The Federation in its two primary battles thus far with Vong forces, had demonstrated a different degree of tactics against the alien invaders, most notably with their phasers and transporters. Unfortunately, those would not last forever. Add into the fact that the Federation was only three years out of a war with one of their local powers, the Dominion, that had nearly torn that alliance apart and Fel knew it was too early for the Feds to openly allying with the Republic. And if the Republic went down, then the Federation would too.

Yet there were other factors to be accounted for – these Klingons, Romulans – and the Borg…

The Borg…

Even having been raised in a galaxy in which the existence of cyborgs like Cliud City’s Lobot and droids had become as commonplace as the air and stars, he still found such a concept disturbing. If anything, the Borg were certainly the wild card in this struggle – just like Jaina Solo was to him.

His thoughts kept drifting back to the daughter of the Rebellion, wondering what she was doing. Intelligence reports indicated she was on Earth at the Federation’s Starfleet Academy, utilizing her piloting skills honed by her time in Rogue Squadron to drive the best pilots among Starfleet’s cadets a run for their money – or whatever the Federation used since reports indicated they had a money-less economy; truly bizarre – on the Academy flight simulators.

Sounded like Jaina all right.

He just found her so very much like the Rebels that his father had spoken of, yet something strangely fascinating about her character, her mindset and abilities. She --

The Clawcraft’s flight computer chimed and indicated that they were about to revert back to realspace inside of the Naboo system. He calmly pulled back on the level, watching as the stars returned to their normal configuration --

-- and yanked the throttle downwards with little more than a second’s warning as the Clawcraft nearly collided with the saucer-section of a Federation starship, a Nebula-class vessel as he recalled hastily as he and his emerging wing mates rushed to avoid hitting the Federation vessel.

As the Clawcraft stabilized itself, Jag opened communications to his squadron, requesting status.

“Nominal.”

“Fine”

“Optimal”

“Annoyed, but otherwise all right.”

Jag gave a sigh of relief. Though a military death was considered a great honor to the Chiss, Jag would hardly consider crashing into a Federation shield such an honor.

“Prepare to form up, Pattern Fel3H’”

As the Clawcraft gained a vantage point, Jag could see that all was not peaceful and calm in the Naboo system. The Federation vessels, know clearly seen at the U.S.S. Silverbolt was firing off her trademark weapons at Vong coralskippers and several light cruisers.

And they were certainly not alone.

Nubian N-10 fighters and a variety of Borg craft were also involved in the fray, trying to prevent the alien enemy from proceeding further into Nubian space and towards the wormhole. It looked like the Vong were hitting the Naboo system again, but this was more of a raid than the same task-force that had come through the wormhole some time before.

Clearly the Vong were testing the new allies of their enemy

“Your orders, Colonel?”

His father had sent him to observe these strange, new neighbors and fighting alongside them was certainly one way of doing that.

“To Federation, Republic, and Borg vessels this is Colonel Jag Fel of the Chiss Expeditionary Defense Force. May we be of assistance?”

Alpha Quadrant,

“Where’s that frinxing idiot Rom when I need him?!”

For the plain and simple Ferengi bartender that had become as much a part of Deep Space Nine as the Lurrian Morn had become for his bar, things had been hectic since the ascension of his ‘idiot’ brother to the head of the Ferengi Alliance three years prior. Without Rom, the liaison to his labor force had been cut off, his replicator and holosuites were relying on Starfleet engineers and their convoluted rules of safety – the list went on and on!

Now, his main computer terminal had short-circuited and he could not put together his fiscal records for the day. He had said it before and he would gladly say it again since the bar was so empty – and so inebriated –- that no one would care if he bawled around; it was the end of the work day after all, and certainly not a happy one for Quark, son of Keldar.

“No Ferengi deserves this!”

“You’re quite right.”

The responses to Quark’s bitching had come from the bar counter-top, next to a passed-out Morn and observing the surroundings of Quark’s Bar and Gaming Establishment. This latest occupant to his bar was a dark-skinned middle-aged man with a graying mustache dressed in a tunic and cape, a style of which Quark had never seen before.

Probably some backwater fashion or one that just went into style.

Either way, the 47th Rule of Acquisition worked in his favor – “Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.”

“And what would you know of Ferengi?”

“I know that any kind of businessman deserves a good end to his day, no matter hefty profit-margin

Both men chuckled.

“So, what can I get for you? Klingon Bloodwine? Warp Core Breach? Or maybe a little up close entertainment with the dabo girls? Hmm?”

The man appeared to think about

“To answer the second question, I’m married.”

“Aww, come on – she’ll never know.”

“I prefer to play it safe with my Tendra. I a, however, somewhat of a gambler and will sample your tables and tongo later.”

Quark nodded with satisfaction.

“Glad to hear it.”

But first, to your original question, I’ll take a shot of Correllian brandy if you have it.”

Quark frowned.

“Corellian brandy? Never heard of it.”

“It’s a little hard to come by in these parts. In fact, the market for this thing just opened up a little more than a month ago. I’m seeking to partner to help get it out into the open.

This certainly got Quark’s attention; he after all said the Ferengi magic words of ‘market’ and ‘partner’. And as the ninth Rule of Acquisition went, ‘Opportunity plus instinct equals profit!’

“Really? Well, I’d be interested to here more about your proposal.”

Quark reached towards his shelves behind the counter and pulled out a bottle of Calaman Sherry, one of his oldest in stock and highly prized throughout the Quadrant.

“Here, try some of this. It may not be this Corellian brandy of yours, but it’s still got an elegant kick.”

The man simply waved his hand away.

“Not just yet, please.”

The Ferengi bartender frowned at the customer’s refusal.

“What’s the matter? You don’t usually drink during a business negotiation.”

“You think we’re conducting a business negotiation?”

“Yes.”

“Well, simply put, I do conduct negotiations, then drink afterwards where I come from.”

“And just where would that be?”

“Oh, nowhere really. Just on the other side of the wormhole.”

There had been few times in Quark’s life when he had been frozen over with shock, from when the station staff and community had helped him save his bar to his killing of two Jem’Hadar guards in the station’s holding cell.

But this easily outshone the others like a finely polished piece of Latinum. However, Quark was more shocked by the fact that he had violated the 194th Rule of - it's always good business to know about new customers before they walk in your door – than by the announcement.

But that didn’t meant he was totally unfazed.

“Who are you?

The man smiled and took a sip of the sherry before setting it down and looking at the passed-out Morn, then speaking slowly and softly to Quark.

“The name’s Calrissian. Lando Calrissian.”

“Yes, well, I, ah, well are –“

“I’m with the Smuggler’s Alliance if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Ah, Smuggler’s Allaince?”

“It’s a free for all organization dedicated to business methods that others would find…deplorable or compromising. And union-free, I might add”

“Deplorable and compromising? And union-free?”

“That’s right.”

“I like it. But why tell me this information?”

The little voice in Quark’s head that he had listened to since his earliest days of profiteering told him to shut up, reminding him of Rules 208, ‘#208 Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer, and # 234, ‘Never allow doubt to tarnish your lust for latinum.’

The New Republic usually turns a blind eye towards our…line of business, but the Federation may have trouble doing so. But from what I understand, your brother is that Grand Nigus?”

“It’s Nagus, not Nigus. And yes he is our current and esteemed Grand Nagus.”

“You don’t sound too enthusiastic about your brother ruling your people.”

“He’s a caring, compassionated idiot ruling a capalistic society – how do you think I feel about that.

“But would he listen to a business proposal? One that deals far more than Corellian brandy.”

Quark stroked his chin, thinking.

“I need specifics, Mr. Calrissian before I go wasting his and my time.”

“Fine. Ever heard of the Hutts?”

“Slightly from what little information Starfleet has released on your Nrew Republic.”

“The Hutts are our equivalent of the Orion Syndicate. They’re currently occupied by the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, but we’re smuggling them weapons and supplies – at a humane discount I might add. Would your brother listen to it if it would save lives?”

“I’d be difficult. Rom’s not fond of the kind of illegal acticity that you’re implying. But, I think I can arrange something with my idiot brother.”

Lando smiled and raised his glass.

“Well then, to the deal, Mr. Quark.”

Quark smiled uncertainly, wondering how his idiot brother would take this. Ah, but then there was always rules # six and sixty-two to justify it: ‘The riskier the road, the greater the profit,’ and ‘ Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.

He also poured a glass and raised it alongside Lando’s.

“Mr. Calrissian, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

Commander Chakotay quickly stepped down from the commanding officer’s personal sanctum and into the pit that housed the tactical display board and a gathering of Starfleet and Bajoran officers monitoring any and all activity within millions of kilometers of the station.

“Report lieutenant.”

“We’re reading elevated neutrino levels. Someone’s coming through the wormhole.”

“Is it the Defiant?”

“Uncertain’ there’s been no signal from the relay.”

It had been four days since the Defiant had departed on their mission to the Gamma Quadrant. Could it have taken that short of a time to make contact with Odo and the Founders. And if so, why hadn’t they used the GQ relay to signal to them that they were coming back?

“Sir, the wormhole is opening!”

“Onscreen.”

Commander Chakotay gazed upwards at the Cardassian view-screen –

-- and he heard a collective gasp usher forth from the mouths of everyone gathered in Ops as they gazed upon the ship exiting the swirling maw of energy and light. It was indeed the U.S.S. Defiant.

However, it was not exactly the model of pristine, sparkling Starfleet vessels.

The post-Chin’toka Defiant was a battered mess. She was leaking plasma from her port nacelle, there were numerous burn-scars across her hull, and there appeared to be a breach or two near the forward bow, just above the torpedoes launchers.

“We’re being hailed, sir.”

“Onscreen.”

Within seconds, Colonel Kira was starring out across the expanse of Ops. The former terrorist-turned-Colonel had cuts and slight burns across her face and the Defiant’s bridge looked just like Voyager’s after the battles against Ransom and the Equinox.

“Colonel, what happened? Did you find the Dominion?”

“We found trouble.”

Beta Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

“Well?!”

“I told you before, they have not found his body yet.”

“The agreement was that his body be delivered into my hands– if you can’t find it…”

Shinzon sat in the chair occupied the day before by Hiren, trying to muse on his surroundings and his accomplishments and ignore the bitching courtesy of his co-conspirator. The room was hardly as large as he had remembered.

But that was to be expected.

Shinzon had not been in these chambers in nearly two decades, not since the Tal Shiar scientists had brought their three-year old human clone into these chambers. There, the Praetor of the time, a burecratic arrogant Romulan whose name had long slipped the Reman commander’s memory, Navriat, he believed, had been, unlike his predecessors, unwilling to support such a bold plan. However, rather than have him killed, he had condemned Shinzon to the dilithium mines of Remus.

Their mistake.

He had thus far to be in a good mood. Everything had thus far gone according to plan. The deaths of Praetor Hiren and the Proconsul had been confirmed, the Romulan fleet was ready to follow his banner, the communications blackout meant that the Federation had no idea of the change in government – the list went on and on.

Invariably, however, there was a dark lining in the silver cloud of the last few days

Reman soldiers were still searching through the rubble of had been Tal Shiar headquarters, searching for one of the coup’s biggest potential problems. The bodies of the individual agents were an added bonus. It was the body of the top name that posed potential problems pending its discovery: Chariman Koval.

No, Shinzon did not fear that Romulan at all. It had been fortunate for him that the Chairman’s energies and attention had been focused on the Terran Sector and the arrival of the New Repbulic rather than what had been brewing on Remus. Nevertheless, he would truly begin to feel comfortable knowing that Koval was dead and that that loose-end had been tied up.

And once it had been tied up, the entire Romulan Star Empire would burn, fueling the massive fires of retribution that his Reman brothers sought. The destruction of the Praetor, Senate, and Tal Shiar had been the initial spark. It had also been tempting in the midst of the chaos to have with the Scimitar, wiped out the ‘prestigious’ R’Mala military academy. The institution had produced many dangerous Romulans over the years from Aventeer Vokar, the man behind the Tomed incident, to the crafty Admiral Tomalak of the Warbird Decius also missing since the coup.

Yet he had not; he, for the moment anyway, needed the Romulan military as much as he loathed and despised it. They would destroy the Federation, he the Empire. It was a simple as that and as easy as moving players on a human chess board. And with all of their individual ambitions, it made it all the more easier for him.

Kretin genuinely wanted Romulan/Reman unification. I’val was sick and tired of the bureaucracy. Sela wanted revenge upon those that had played a role in her exile to Remus: Chairman Koval, Spock, and Picard. And Tal’Aura…

Yes, Senator Tal’Aura.

Tal’Aura was an enigma unto herself. He had initially assumed that Tal’Aura had wanted the position of Proconsul, or power to the Senate, or simple a power change. He had yet to find out her exact motives and had used her because she had helped facilitate the ‘transfer’ of power.

What did Tal’Aura would have to wait. Without the Senate, she was little more than a nuisance; it was Sela that was causing the bigger problem at the moment.

“He will be found; my Reman brothers are skilled in detection and locating.”

“And of what of Spock? And Picard?”

“The Vulcan dissident will be found; he won’t just sit around and let an opportunity like this go by. As for Picard, that is being worked upon.”

Sela suddenly pulled herself in front of Shinzon and grabbed him by the collar of his Remanuniform, yanking him out of his Seat of Power.

“You will bring him to me whatever it takes. I don’t care if the Yuuzhan Vong have him – I want him to suffer like I did!”

Shinzon just smiled.

“Well?!”

And before Sela could receive an answer, she suddenly relased her hold and crumpled to the polished, marble floor, the staff of his Viceroy now pointed where the ex-Tal Shiar’s head had been. Shinzon straightened his uniform and then looked down at the female.

“You have no idea whatsoever what it means to suffer, Romulan wench.”

With a nod from Shinzon, The Viceory snapped his fingers and a pair of Reman bodyguards emerged from the doorway.

“Get her out of here. But don’t eliminate her just yet. It would not bode well for our ‘allies’.

As the guards dragged the unconscious Sela out of the Senate, Shinzon returned to the Seat of Power and gestured to the Viceory to perform his customary natural scanning technique, one of the few traditions of the ancient Remans that had survived through Romulan occupation and exploitation.

“How bad is it?”

“It is slowly accelerating.”

“How long, then?”

“I’m not sure.”

So, it had all come down to this.

His trusted Viceroy and Reman doctors had alike told him that his condition was accelerating and that the temporal RNA sequencing, even if activated at this point, would do little good. Time was running out for him. And because of the make-up of his DNA, conventional cloning and geneotropic replication was out of the question

Of course, that was why he had tried to take Dominion installations intact during his twelve major engagements in the war, hoping to gain access to Vorta cloning techniques. And though he and his Reman brothers had failed to acquire Dominion cloning technology, they were still able to gather research and actual prototypes for two most fantastic and terrifying articles of weapons, both of which were crucial to his plans. But they would all prove useless if he were to die before they could be implemented on Remus’ enemies.

That was why he could not die. He was the Shinzon, the chose savior of his people as taught by legend. He would die defending his people, not from a Romulan genetic experiment!

Yet…

Yet, there still was one last possibility, a new hope so to speak thanks to the events of the last month. Thanks to intercepted Tal Shiar material, Shinzon had been reading of worlds in the new galaxy had been found and through his perusing on past conflicts, he had instantly been attracted to one from fifty-standard years before. There was one world of this strange, galaxy that caught his eye, one that if they could reach it would mean that Sela would have her revenge, but he would still be alive.

The conflict was the Clone Wars, the world Kamino.

Naboo System, That Galaxy Far, Far Away

“I am anxious to return to Qo’nos, Axum. I wish to reclaim my honor, lands, and the friendships I had prior to my assimilation.”

Aboard the haphazard mess of consoles and wiring that served as the Borg Diamond’s command center, Axum shook his head.

“I’m sorry Korok, but we’re barely holding out, even with the technology we’ve taken from the remnants of the Collective. We need people like you here, people with tactical experience, especially with how intent the Yuuzhan Vong are on hitting us.”

“And whose fault is that?”

“Coming through transwarp when we did was not intentional.”

“That’s not what I was referring to.”

Both men stood silently for a long beat before the leader of Unimatrix Zero finally responded.

“You’re referring to the information that came up when we exited transwarp two weeks ago?”

“What else would I be referring to, Axum?”

Another long beat followed.

“You didn’t tell them the truth then, I suppose?”

The leader of Unimatrix Zero chuckled humorously.

“I told them several grains of truths relating to our arrival.”

“That won’t help us when it comes out in the open.

“How could I? Do you have any idea what their reaction would be if I told them the truth?!”

“It would depend on which truth we are talking about - what’s really going on back in Quadrants Delta and Gamma or with our link to the Yuuzhan –“

“Sirs?”

Both men turned to see a former drone approach from the hallways of the ‘liberated’ Borg ship.

“Sir, our losses have been reported. Two interceptors destroyed and at least fifty former drones dead or missing. Could have been worse if those Chiss pilots hadn’t showed up.”

Korok was more interested in enemy losses.

“Well, significant damage on coalskippers and cruisers. But not all of them were engaged in battle. Many of them appeared to be, well, scooping up wreckage or clinging to it.”

“Along with the bodies of dead former drones?”

“It would appear so, sirs.”

A look of horror grew on the faces of the ex-Klingon general and Axum.

“Leave us,” the General ordered. As soon as the

“The Yuuzhan Vong will find out, then,” Axum stated in a quiet, resigned tone.

“Then I think it’s time to tell the Federation and the Republic everything.”

Intergalactic Void, That Galaxy Far, Far Away

For millennia, scientists from the library world of Obroa-Skai to the remote frontier of Belkadan had tried to determine if life existed beyond the edge of the galaxy’s final frontier, beyond the regions of charted space and the unknown. Every attempt to breach the galactic void had failed, from unmanned telemetry probes to the Jedi-sponsored Outbound Flight Project.

In the end, it had been ironically life from outside the galaxy that had penetrated the veil and had proceeded launched war on the New Republic.

But that war, that glorious ihad proclaimed to be both a gift and a test from the gods, had been interrupted by the humiliation of the Warmaster at Duro and discovery of a wormhole leading to another galaxy of humans and more strange, more alien infidels – particularly the Borg.

But if all went well for Tsavong Lah that day, it would not remain that way for long.

The Yuuzhan Vong warship Sunlok moved forward through the vast gathering of coralskippers, crusiers, and battleships that struck fear into the hearts of the infidels
The bulk of the vast armada remained in the Void, not out of any fear for the infidels inhabited the stars and systems of this galaxy, but for the need to protect the most important aspect of the Yuuzhan Vong culture.

Supreme Overlord Shimrra.

Shimrra had left the handling of the war to Warmaster and Supreme Commanders like Nas Choka, complying with the need to remain in the void until all was safe for the Citadel to emerge from. The Citadel was literally Shimrra’s coffer, his palace, his throne, his domain, and his home – until the eventual claiming of Coruscant as the recreation of Yuuzhan’tar

“Extend the Sunlok’s umbiblical to the Citadel.

It was time to great their chosen master and overlord.

Alpha Quadrant,

“You will not harm the Founder!”

“First Taran’tar, you will calm down. We are in good hands.”

“We are in the hands of the Dominion’s enemy.”

“Former enemy, First; how many times must I remind you and the Jem’Hadar of that?”

“Weyoun, that’s enough.”

The ninth clone of the pale, slinky Vorta quickly obeyed the command of the Founder known as Odo’Ital or Odo as he preferred it. Colonel Kira Nerys looked on in mixed amusement, on one hand absolutely blissful to see her love again and at the same shocked and frightened by what they had seen when the Defiant had fought Odo’s attackers.

“I see you’ve gotten used that.”

Odo retorted with his well-known grunt of dissatisfaction.

“Believe me Nerys, I wish it wasn’t like that – just as I wish there were more Jem’Hadar like Taran’atar.”

“Free of white-additction, you mean?”

“More than that. I had the Vorta find him shortly after we returned to the link; it was a notion I’ve had since that encounter with the Jem’Hadar infant eight years ago, to prove they can be more than killing machines. Unfortunately, outside events didn’t go that way.”

Kira frowned.

“You’ve been under assault since the end of the war, then?”

Odo glanced at Weyoun who proceeded to take up the tale.

“Nearly, but not quite. At first it was simple probing and such. But as time went on it became full-fleet scale operations. It took them time to adapt to the Jem’Hadar’s weaponry, but once they did, they inflicted heavy losses. Luckily, the ferocity of the Jem’Hadar has kept them at bay, but for how much longer I have no idea.”

“We will keep them at bay as long as the Founders decree it,” Taran’atar roared.

“Is the Link safe?”

“For now, yes. But after seeing the devastation caused six years ago, I came here to personally warn the Alpha Quadrant and request any kind of aid. We’re lucky you showed up when you did.”

“We were on a mission of peace, not war. But Defiant’s always ready to take on that role as we know so well.”

As much as she wanted to further catch up, she

“I’m sorry Commander you’re your Unimatrix Zero friends were apparently not honest on the apparent destruction of the Collective.”

Chakotay sighed.

“If our travels in the Delta Quadrant taught me anything, it’s that the Borg

“All right, then we have to contact Starfleet Command immediately, notify them of this.”

“That will be difficult, Colonel.”

Both commanding officers turned to see Bashir looking up from his console.

“Why’s that Julian?”

But as she gazed at the incoming transmission, both she and Chakotay already knew the answer.

“Because the ceremony for the commencement of the Accords has begun; the chances of reaching Starfleet Command at such a precarious moment are slim to none.”

Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Chief of State Borsk Fey’lya could scarcely remember the last time he had been in such a jubilant mood – perhaps it was when he had nudged the insufferable Ackbar into retirement; when one ran the New Republic, such little things tended to be easily forgotten. But this was far greater than a long awaited payback to a Mon Calamari Admiral. He, Borsk Fey’lya was about to make history.

The Federation Council chamber was overflowing with admirals, diplomats, security guards, and reporters, all from, both the Federation and the New Republic.

All here to watch him make history for both galaxies.

Senator Shesh was there, at rapt attention but not in a particuraly happy expression. He had been willing to tolerate the Kuati’s agendas, whatever they were, to keep the support of her homeworld. But that would be less of an issue once the signature took place on the Accords he, his ambassadors, the Councilors, and the delightfully clever and fascinating Andorian Grey’sir, who had shared while meeting with Fey’lya, one to many shots of Endorian port and the two had spent the night playing sabacc and its Andorian equivalent drunk.

It was rare that Fey’lya was able to share such an experience with heads of state, but this had been worth it. And if he could become good friends with the Federation leader, then the chances of a Federation/Republic Alliance looked even greater.

Especially with the latest skirmish…

Director Scaur’s report had been bad. Though the combined Federation-Republic-Borg group had driven the Vong’s Federation invasion fleet back through the wormhole and out of the Naboo system, it was far from over. In the days following the retreat, the Vong had already stuck true to Tsavong Lah’s word and had hit Yag’Dhul, Thypherra, and other systems in the invasion corridor.

After seeing the ease with which the Yuuzhan Vong had routed by the Borg in particular, Fey’lya knew that they needed the Federation as allies – he needed the Federation as an ally and with them, he would be remembered as one of the, perhaps the greatest figure of authority that the galaxy had ever seen.

If there was one thing that annoyed Cortin Zweller even more than the shadowy nature of his masters, it was political events like this one. Hell, he honestly just getting the hell out of there, maybe going by North Beach to a little place that made the best calzones he had ever had, even counting Italy itself.

But no, he was needed here. But what he could actually do he had no idea. His masters were so intent on activating Project Dreadnaught that, as much as they valued the Federation security, even they were unwilling to take out the Federation Council. Instead, his position here was simply serve to as a Section 31 observer. He was not authorized in this case to utilize extreme measures.

So, he continued to observe from the spectator balconies, going over the checklist of what was to occur. First Grey’si was to give a speech, followed by Fey’lya, and finally, the actual signing of the Republic/Federation Accords. As soon as the ceremony was over, the first joint meeting would occur, with guests ranging from the results of Dr. Danni Quae and Dr. Beverley Crusher’s scientific examinations to discussions of training and missions scenarios between Alexander Munro’s Hazard Team and the Republic’s Page’s Commandos and Kyle Katarn.

Ah, there we go.

Now that there was sufficient audience, the lights had dimmed and Grey’si began to give his speech, which communications systems and droids were diligently working to translate it into multitude languages.

“Three hundred years ago, a team brave explorers launched themselves from the frontier of the Earth’s western hemisphere into space, continuing a tradition that had begun a century before and which had been disrupted by war, poverty, and disease. They found a reborn hope for the future in contact with those who, like them, aspired to be better than they were. They made contact with and eventually intermingled and with an interstellar community of humanoids cousins of Vulcans, Andorians, Tellaraites, and countless more. I of course refer to the flight of Earth scientist Zefram Cochrane and the maiden flight of the warp-rocket Phoneix, which set events in motion that change the Quadrant forever.”

He paused before continuing.

“Today, history is repeating itself.”

Zweller was tempted to yawn. He really quite honestly was thinking about ditching this and getting that North Beach calzone; with how long Grey’si and Fey’lya could go on, he could eat it and be back before they even signed it –

-- when he was suddenly slammed back against the wall meters behind him as were the fellow members of the audience as the Federation Council Chamber suddenly erupted into a fiery explosion that ripped through the walls and the chamber, the last thing Zweller saw as he lost consciousness.

Intergalactic Void, That Galaxy Far, Far Away

“Rise, Warmaster.”

Atop his polyp throne, Shimrra was the ultimate Yuuzhan Vong. With the power of the gods and all four castes, anything he wished or desire would be accomplished with the loyalty of obedience that all Yuuzhan Vong offered him, from the warriors and shapers to the Intendants Shamed Ones.

Thankfully, he was absent his jester, the Shamed One Onimi that Lah had always found unnecessary and quite frankly annoying. He wanted to run him through as much as he wanted to do to Nom Anor – if that treacherous Executor ever turned up. But he resisted such temptations in front of the Overlord, especially with reported instances of Shimrra apparently being able to enter the minds of his servants. Also missing was Vergere, still on the Sunlok; though the Warmaster trusted her, even she was not permitted to attend a meeting of such importance.

From the throne, Shimrra had inspected the carefully preserved corpses of the Borg that the brave warriors had, despite the anger it had given them, stolen from the skirmishes in the Naboo system. Shimrra had personally ordered the extraction to verify his suspicions.

The Overlord now looked down upon the Warmaster and Supreme Commander. Nas Choka knew that he would not answer unless directed to by Shimrra, for Tsavong Lah was the primary recipient of Shimrra’s graces in this meeting, even though Choka had helped to back Shimrra’s ascent to power. They were of course not the only ones present; many of the other high ranking members of the court were here.

Choka knew many of them either personally or by reptutation.

There was Jakan was the leader of the Priest Caste, the result of his unwavering belief in Yun-Yuuzhan and the Gods - as well as having supported Shimrra’s toppling of Quoreal, like Choka had.

Then Yoog Skell, High Prefect and Chief Intendant, and also the mentor to the treacherous Nom Anor. And of course, Master Shaper Ch’Gang Hool, who many thought of as an incompetent member of his caste, but kept their thoughts to themselves, given the need to be unified in the quest against the infidels.

At last, Shimrra spoke.

“Tell me what this is, Warmaster.”

“It is an infidel.”

“Yet it is different. How is that?”

“It is as much a machine as it is an infidel.”

“And these infidels are called the Borg, yes?”

“Yes and at your bidding, we will battle them to the Pit itself.”

Shimrra raised his hand to silence the Warmaster before he got caught up in the bloodlust that could sometimes overcome even the most disciplined of the warrior caste. He then gestured his hand and as if by magic of the gods themselves, a subaltern appeared, bearing with him a chest which no doubt contained one of the many scared artifacts that the Citadel conveyed throughout the cosmos.

“When I was contacted, I was certain of the connection; this infidel corpse now verifies it once and for all.

The chest, ancient and crumbling and made out of wooden fibers and laced with Yuuzhan Vong symbols, opened to reveal a shocking sight – a skull, but not of a Yuuzhan Vong.

It was the skull of an infidel!

Such a thing was heresy, especially here in the heart of the Yuuzhan Vong culture. But upon further inspection, both warriors saw the connection that their master had made reference to.

The skull was thousands of many klekkets old, yet there was no mistaking the cybernetic implants or scars that the preserved Borg corpse also sported.

After an indeterminable silence, the Supreme Overlord finally spoke.

“These Borg are more than infidels. They are the Unclean.”

“The Unclean?!”

Yes, I speak true words, Warmaster and Supreme Commander. Those that drove us from paradise, from Yuuzhan’tar.”

Shimrra raised his massive form from the throne suddenly, Scepter of Power thrust into the air over the assembled court and waved it mightily to drive further the point he was to make.

“Rally your forces of war. Coruscant and the infidel planets of this galaxy will still be ours. But these ‘Borg’ will know the full wrath of the children of Yun-Yuuzhan for their infidel nature!”

Somewhere in the Universe

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker was absolutely dumbstruck at the allegations that the Stranger had just made from the confines of his chair, as the two figures he had conjured up melted back into the flames from which they had sprung.

“I…I honestly don’t know what to say…I can’t accept that the Force is willing the universe to be destroyed.”

“As I explained to you, it is not the Force but rather its opposite.”

“But it’s still related to the Force!”

“I see. That truly troubles you. Well, I can only say that –“

Whatever the Stranger was about to say to Picard and Skywalker was never known as his head suddenly jerked to the side, as if drawn by a magnet, his eyes widening in utter horror.

“What is it?”

“Something has happened. I must send you back now!”

Before either the Captain or the Master could make a remark, they had vanished in the blink of an eye. All eyes were upon the Stranger now, with Q asking the main question on everyone’s mind.

“You said something happened? As in good for us or bad for us?”

The Stranger’s expression became as solemn as a stone statue.

“That bad, eh?”

“Worse in many ways. I should have said that two things have happened. The enemy has utilized castling against us. Therefore we must do the same.”

“What? How?”

“By seeking a member of the opposite, one who possess understanding and a connection to the Starheart, and one who can help to turn back the waves of chaos and destruction that we will face in the days to come.”

To be Continued…

Author’s Notes:

* * The descriptions of the Force being also known as the Source, the Starheart, and the Spark are tips of the hat to Jack Kirby’s Fourth World, the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, and of course, The Transformers.

* I’ve chosen to go back to the ‘That Galaxy Far, Far Away’ designation; it just feels and sounds better.

* The idea that Shinzon’s name was in fact a title for the Reman people was proposed in the 2nd book of the third trilogy of the Shatner-verse Trek novels, Captain’s Blood.

* Admiral Aventeer Vokat and the R’Mala Military Academy are both taken from Book Two of The Lost Era: Serpents Among the Ruins (2311).

* Taran’atar, like Elias Vaughn, was created for the DS9 relaunch and has become a popular character in the series as the Jem’Hadar cultural observer sent to DS9 by Odo. Like Vaughn, I’m utilizing him for my own purposes during this story and ignoring the relaunch.
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

First post.

EDIT: Good work. *pat on the back* I totally did not see some of the twists you put in that chapter. Q remains as irreverent as ever (Popcorn!! :lol:) . Calling the Borg the "Unclean", having driven the Yuuzhan Vong out of paradise....were you drawing on "The Final Fury" when you wrote that? All in all, I look forward to the next chapter.
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Agent R wrote: Calling the Borg the "Unclean", having driven the Yuuzhan Vong out of paradise....were you drawing on "The Final Fury" when you wrote that?
Yes, I did.
drphlox
Redshirt

Post by drphlox »

more please

can you also have the Solos visit down under and the Great Barrier reef?

nice work with the plot, but i think that the ST and SW galaxies meet, high commanders find that the universe is destroying itself and try to do something about it, only to have the galaxies seperate plot device is a little to often used.

after this is finished, could you please do story along the lines of:

same start point in SW:NJO, but instead of having starfleet around have earth timeframe at 2000(SW ships find wormhole in naboo space, come through, go to nearest system(us) find no advanced cultures, visit earth, see all the wonders of Terra pre - 2001, fly around in the MF a lot, visiting major countries(like Australia, America, Britain, etc)) now this is where a junction is reached, they either give us hyperdrive early, thus changing the timeline, or they just leave and go back to their own galaxy.

please please please, but only after you've finished the current story.

drphlox
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

drphlox wrote:but i think that the ST and SW galaxies meet, high commanders find that the universe is destroying itself and try to do something about it, only to have the galaxies seperate plot device is a little to often used.
What makes you think the NR is all ready to help stop this? The Vong are the priority to them and with what happened in this chapter, Republic/Federation relations are going to go downhill.

And as for the destruction of the universe, well let me put tit this way - what makes you think the Stranger was telling everything about the Merging. Hmm?

Well, that's my two cents. Thanks for r/r as always!
drphlox
Redshirt

Post by drphlox »

no that not what i meant.

what i meant was that instead of having all these "two galaxies meet, universe starts trying to destroy itself and the godpowers try to do something about", they have a "two galaxies meet, one visits the other, finds a pre-FTL race, appears to pre-FTL race, gives said race FTL, visits locations on said races planet, goes back to own galaxy"

drphlox
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Great work JME2, really excellant. So has Fey'la and the entire feddie high counicl been blown to smitherens then?

Dammit, I need the next chapter! Now!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Crazedwraith wrote:Great work JME2, really excellant.
Thank you!
Dammit, I need the next chapter! Now!
Patience my pretty, patience. :twisted:

I'm pausing slightly on chapter 15 for two main reasons.

1. I want to do some inital work on several fanfics, namely a Justice League/Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water crossover (http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... highlight=) and my hopeful Transformers/Fourth World crossover.

2. There are many ways to go with the next chapter; I am considering them all and weighing the pros and cons equally. Either way, there's going to be major fallout next chapter and hell to pay on both sides.

I'm working to get Chap. 15 up before the end of the summer, when my time will be temporarily divided due to other matters. So sit tight and get ready for the continuation of my little brainchild (or bitch depending on your POV) :P .[/quote]
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, with the release of the 'Tales of the Dominion War' anthology, I'm back on track with part 15. In this next chapter, aside from the fallout of the Fed Council bombing, look for apperances by Admiral Tomalak, Spock, Captain Klag, Cal Omas, possibly Kyle Katarn, an Imperial Admiral (let me put it this way -- what make's you think I'm talking about Pellaeon?), and more!

Coming soon!
SpecWar826
Youngling

Post by SpecWar826 »

Maybe another long lost clone of Thrawn :lol:
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Hmmm? Not Pelleaon? Unless your double bluffing of course.

The only other Adrimal, I can think of would be Daala.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Crazedwraith wrote:Unless your double bluffing of course..
Joker: Maybe I am. Try me.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Sorry, I couldn't resist that. Yes, I did mean Pellaeon; I'm trying to find a good time to bring in the Imperial Remnant and chapter 15 may be that time; we'll have to see how it goes once I start writing.