The Big One

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i'm bumping this becuase it is worthwhile and there are over a dozen new chapters.

the fiction index
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Bumping this because TGG Epilogue was posted...

STAND AT THE READY FOR CRUSADE, COMING JUNE 2004

Until then, Fly High!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

IIRC, the author noted that various consequences of this USA's chosen doctrine will come to full realization in Crusade.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote:IIRC, the author noted that various consequences of this USA's chosen doctrine will come to full realization in Crusade.
Only because I'm no longer president :lol:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Yes, but he says LBJ is still constrained by, oh, twenty years of doctrinal inertia -- and the implication was that the TBO-strategy (if you can call it that) has some very real consequences that will shortly be shown.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Col. Crackpot wrote:holy hitler on a hotplate! this is fucking great!
Indeed it is. The Great Game was supremely awesome.

BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

Ouch... good series; makes it look like Japan got off easy. Any bets on how long New Shawbia is going to hold out?
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:Ouch... good series; makes it look like Japan got off easy. Any bets on how long New Shawbia is going to hold out?
Finish off TGG and you'll find out -- I haven't updated the chapter headings in some time.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

phongn wrote:Yes, but he says LBJ is still constrained by, oh, twenty years of doctrinal inertia -- and the implication was that the TBO-strategy (if you can call it that) has some very real consequences that will shortly be shown.
hmmmm... the Caliphate nukes back perhaps? that could be interesting.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

phongn wrote:
BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:Ouch... good series; makes it look like Japan got off easy. Any bets on how long New Shawbia is going to hold out?
Finish off TGG and you'll find out -- I haven't updated the chapter headings in some time.
Hmm, i want to read Admiral Soriva's "Stategic Planning Assessment"; too bad it didn't come out before TGG ended- now I have to wait for it.
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

MKSheppard wrote:Crusade - Chapter One
This is going to get ugly fast.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Hoo boy :shock:

This is going to be interesting :twisted:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I've updated the main listing.
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

Big One no longer exists :(
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Bob McDob wrote:Big One no longer exists :(

It's been moved to the completed stories section :)

The Fiction Library
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Updated the links at the front; added a link to the new short side-story Civis Americanus Sum
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Woo Hoo!

The Arrow lives! :D

AND the TSR.2? Yowsa!

Great stuff , good to see the Chief hasnt changed much over the years ;)
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Based on the epilogue of The Great Game, it appears that the Thai Ambassador hasn't changed much, either ;)
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Anyone care to guess by which chapter Mecca and Medina will get nuked? :twisted:

-H.L. Mencken
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I somehow doubt that :-P
Grand Moff Tim
Redshirt

Post by Grand Moff Tim »

Chapter Three of Crusade.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

YES. More literary crack.