Funniest Trek moment for You

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Dahak wrote:Qpid. Worf in tights. Hilarious :D
'Sir, I protest. I am not a merry man.'
:P

-The Tuesday sequence in 'Generations'
-from TNG's 'Where no one has gone before'
Picard:Reverse engines!
Data:But sir! Nobody's ever reversed engines at this speed.
Picard: Of course not. Nobody's ever gone that fast!
-VOY's 'One' (paraphrased because I only saw that one in german)
Torres WRT One "Maybe that's their new strategy. They just show up and look cuddly"
Torres to Neelix after he expains why they shouldn't hurt One yadda yadda
"How extremely Starfleet of you"
-Janeway's "There's coffee in that nebula" in VOY:whatever
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

Most of Q's stuff is great.

So is most of ST3, especially the theft of the Enterprise.

Plus McCoys 'That green blooded son of a bitch, this is his revenge for all those arguments he lost.' is a classic
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

In that TNG ep where Wesley goes after that shapeshifter girl. He asks Riker for advice and he demonstrates charm with some dramtic and flattering dialogue between himself and Guinan.

Wes: I don't think this is my style.

Guinan: Shut up, kid. (To Riker) Tell me about my eyes.

Data's poem about his cat is a classic.

In that ep of VOY where some Klingons come onboard and Tuvok has to share a room with Neelix. Tuvok comes in at the end of the ep to see Neelix in there with a Klingon woman, some deep cuts on his face and the room totally trashed.

Klingon (to Neelix): Goodbye, my warrior! (Leaves)

Neelix (notices that Tuvok's room is trashed, says something to the effect that he'll have it fixed in no time)

Tuvok (sighs, looks like he'll explode into a very un-Vulcan manner if pushed any furthur): Just go.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

QPid had a funny Worf moment.

Geordi is playing a musical instrument, albeit badly. Worf walks up to him, grabs the lute I think it was, and smashes it. He hands back the broken pieces, shrugs, and says:

"Sorry."

Not a merry man indeed. :D
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

There's another classic moment in Qpid where Troi is trying her luck with a bow... and shoots Data right in the chest. :D

'The Magnificant Ferengi' springs to mind too- When they accidently shoot Keevan, their hostage- who mutters 'I hate Ferengi' before dropping down dead, followed by their 'remote-controlled' Keevan making his way to his fellow Vorta at the end of the episode, only for something to go wrong- they can't 'turn him off!'
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Pretty much all of these are hilarious to me.

This one about Chekov I liked particularly--

FBI Agent 1: [To colleague] What do you think?
FBI Agent 2: He's a ruskee.
FBI Agent 1: That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life of course he's a ruskee but is he a retard or somethin?...
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

The scenes I thought were funniest have already been mentioned, but these exchanges from "In Purgatory's Shadow" were funny too:

SISKO: What about Garak?
WORF: At the first sign of betrayal, I will kill him. But, I promise to return the body intact.
SISKO: I assume that's a joke...
WORF: We will see.

Later...

GARAK: Lying is a skill like any other. If you want to maintain a level of excellence, you have to practice constantly.
WORF: Practice on someone else...
GARAK: Mr. Worf, you're no fun at all.
WORF: Good!
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Stofsk wrote:QPid had a funny Worf moment.

Geordi is playing a musical instrument, albeit badly. Worf walks up to him, grabs the lute I think it was, and smashes it. He hands back the broken pieces, shrugs, and says:

"Sorry."

Paying homage to Animal House of course. I never thought the Star Trek writers would stoop to that level, but they sometimes surprise me.

STIV:
Gillian: You guys like Italian?
Spock: No
Kirk: Yes
Kirk: Yes
Kirk: YES! I love Italian. And so do you.
Spock: Yes.

STIV:
Kirk: Him? He's harmless. Back in the 60's he was part of the free speech movement in Berkley. [whispers] I think he did a little too much LDS.
Gillian[rolling her eyes]: L-D-S?

STIII:
Sulu: Don't call me tiny...

TOS:
Scotty: There's an old saying. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Chekov: I know this saying. It was invented in Russia.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

ahh the scene in Trek 4 *L* according to the novelization the guy Scotty gave the formula for transpar\ent alluminum too...did invent the stuff *L* He compared him to Louis Pastuer for medical doctors
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

I was always partial to the bus scene in STIV. Spock nerve-pinching the punk rocker was great :lol:
johnmarkley
Padawan Learner

Post by johnmarkley »

"Captain?"
"Yes, Spock?"
"Life is not a dream."
Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Abe Vigoda Knight of the Late Knights of Conan O'Brien
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

On Voyager, they've run out of coffee, and Janeway is in need of a fix in the Mess Hall, with Neelix saying he has something better.

Janeway:"Alright,give me your 'better than coffee' coffee.

Neelix pours what moves as slow as molasses into her cup.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

There are quite a few humorous moments. One that I did'nt see mentioned yet, was when McCoy is sarcastic about Genesis.

I'm paraphrasing here:

"According to myth the Earth was created in 6 days....now here comes Genesis! We will do it for you in 6 minutes!"
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

LadyTevar wrote:The entire episode "Trouble With Tribbles" is just a delight.

1. The bar-room brawl, with Mudd never getting hit, never spilling his drink.
Actualy that was Cyrano Jones......and how the hell do i know so much useless Trek info :shock: HOLY SHIT i am a Trekkie,shoot me now.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

It may have been better if it indeed was Harry Mudd. Oh well, Cyrano is a funny guy as well.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Montcalm wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:The entire episode "Trouble With Tribbles" is just a delight.

1. The bar-room brawl, with Mudd never getting hit, never spilling his drink.
Actualy that was Cyrano Jones......and how the hell do i know so much useless Trek info :shock: HOLY SHIT i am a Trekkie,shoot me now.
Well, you are a member of a STvsSW debate forum. It is absolutely necessary to know a lot of useless info about Star Trek, and also, Star Wars.

In fact IMO we are beyond even trekkies in our knowledge. That's only because I find our knowledge to based on analysis of Star Trek, and therefore, to be much more valuable to the common day man.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Stofsk wrote:QPid had a funny Worf moment.

"Sorry."

It was an obvious tribute to Animal House. Some guy is on the stairs of the Delta house during a toga party serenading a few girls with a really, really awful love song ("I gave my love a cherry ... that had no stone ... I gave my love a story ... that had no end"). John Belushi's character (Brother Blutowski) then rips the guitar from his hands and smashes it repeatedly against the wall. Then he looks down and the guy, shrugs and says, "Sorry."

But yes, that along with, "Sir! I protest! I am not a merry man!" was a classic Worf moment. I also love the Worf quote in my sig:

"Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors killed them millennia ago. They were more trouble than they were worth."
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

KIRK: "Spock, where the hell's the power you promised me?"
SPOCK: "One damn minute, Admiral."

ODO: "Rom's an idiot. He couldn't fix a straw if it was bent."

QUARK: "I must have witnessed the procedure hundreds of times."
ODO: "Witnessed? You mean to say you've never handled the controls yourself?!"
QUARK [gleefully]: "Energizing!"

QUARK: "Rule of Acquisition #112: Never have sex with the boss's sister."

There's also that one episode of DS9 where the Kira-philiac orders a special Holosuite program from Quark, and in the end, we see the consequences.......;)

Quark and Odo have had some of the best moments ever. Worf also, especially when Q's around.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Kang: I am as constant as the Northern Star!
McCoy: I'd give real money for him to shut up.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Enola Straight
Jedi Knight

Post by Enola Straight »

In that truly horrible TNG ep where a transporter malfunction converts Picard and Co. into children...

Picard is in his quarters, facing the mirror, and gleefully running his fingers through his hair.

Later on, after the technobabble solution is found, the Captain sighs, resigning himself to his restored bald head.
Masochist to Sadist: "Hurt me."
Sadist to Masochist: "No."
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Ghost Rider wrote:Kang: I am as constant as the Northern Star!
McCoy: I'd give real money for him to shut up.
That was Chang! :P

Kang was this badarse motherfucker who had this exchange in TOS:
Day of the Dove [TOS] wrote:Kirk: Go to the devil.

Kang: We have no devil, Kirk.
But we understand the habits of yours.
I shall torture you...
to death...
one by one...
until your noble captain cries "enough."
Who will be first?
:twisted:

Of course, this isn't really a 'funny' moment... :oops:
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Enola Straight wrote:In that truly horrible TNG ep where a transporter malfunction converts Picard and Co. into children...

Picard is in his quarters, facing the mirror, and gleefully running his fingers through his hair.

Later on, after the technobabble solution is found, the Captain sighs, resigning himself to his restored bald head.
It's suprising that by the 24th century they don't have a better form of Rogaine. I guess they aren't all that advanced.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

neoolong wrote:
Enola Straight wrote:In that truly horrible TNG ep where a transporter malfunction converts Picard and Co. into children...

It's suprising that by the 24th century they don't have a better form of Rogaine. I guess they aren't all that advanced.
Could be a cultural thing. Picard doesn't like being bald, but it's unseemly for a human to use drugs to alter himself for the sake of mere appearance.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

RedImperator wrote:Could be a cultural thing. Picard doesn't like being bald, but it's unseemly for a human to use drugs to alter himself for the sake of mere appearance.
I think that it's just that Captain Picard with hair would seem so out of place that it would actually effect crew performance. Can you picture Patrick Stewart with hair? I can't.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

You need to watch "I, Claudius" then ; )