A few creations of mine for y'all to enjoy...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

I think you should sell them. I'd buy one (when I have money, that is :( ). Maybe I'll get one as a gift... 8)

Shame about the Krull Glaive.

Hmmm... Have you ever seen the movie "The Golden Child"? There's an awsome weapon in that. A demonic Phurba(?), or tibetan dagger.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

How about that dagger with the head from the movie The Shadow?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bob the Gunslinger

Shroom Man 777 wrote:How about that dagger with the head from the movie The Shadow?
That's almost the same as the Golden Child dagger, but not as wicked-looking. Seriously, I want that dagger. The Golden child been givin me lip...

Damn shame about the Krull glaive... That is a true beauty of a weapon...

Hey, wait a minute--

@Elheru Aran

Can you carve something that looks like a lightsaber handle? Or even a full lightsaber, albeit with a blade of brightly-painted wood? Cause that would also kick ass.

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:Hey, wait a minute--

@Elheru Aran

Can you carve something that looks like a lightsaber handle? Or even a full lightsaber, albeit with a blade of brightly-painted wood? Cause that would also kick ass.
Considered it, certainly... problem is it'd require me to lathe out a blank if i wanted it perfectly circular (which, considering my precisionist tendencies, i probably would), and carve out if not (which would take FOREVER... believe me, i know...). Since I don't got a lathe, that's kind of a difficulty, eh?

Not that I couldn't... if I had a lathe, I would happily turn a nice lightsabre... I once made a lightsabre handle out of a piece of PVC pipe and cardboard, actually. looked like crap, but was fun to play with for awhile...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Okeydokey, finished my latest project!

Detail of the side shown above...

sorry about the glare in this one... tried to fix in PhotoPaint, but didnt' come out all that great...

I made the dagger as a mate for the longsword, kinda... that's why i'm posin' with them both in this pic. Incidentally, the pic also puts the sword in proper scale to my body... you get a real idea of just how big the bloody thing is!

Enjoy... do let me know what y'all think!
Bob the Gunslinger

Nice swords. :D

Actually, I think the original lightsabers were made from camera equipment soldered together. I might be able to make that.

Also, where are you uploading your pictures to? I have some models I kitbashed and I would like to be able to upload pics, but I don't know any free websites that let me do that with lots of big pics.

Oh, and how about the Shadow or Golden Child blades? You think they might work out? I hope so.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Okay, at long last, a update...

Based this upon Aiglos, the spear of Gil-Galad the High King of the Noldor, as seen in the movies. It's not nearly as elaborately decorated, but it's bigger-- 6-ft. long 2-in thick shaft (carved it myself-- took forever, but after a good sanding was smooth as you could want it), and 2-ft recurved glaive blade.

Close-up of the blade

Length comparison with me... I'm a good 6ft. tall, but the spear's quite longer than I am... I reckon it's a good 8ft, at least.

For more photos refer to the Adonis contest! 8)
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Alright. Now I get to show off again. Muahahahaha!! :D

Remember those cardboard guns I made? For my movie in school? Well, here they are.

I couldn't find a good in-movie pic of the MAC 10 or MicroUzi, so I made a new one. All the other pictures are from my movie (yes, that's me in them).

Magnum Baby Eagle .45 ACP:

Walther PPK:

Walther P-99 and Seecamp 3:

GM-94

And of course, what action movie is complete without an AK-47 (the black and silver duct tape made it look really awesome):

Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Nice... more realistic than I'd have thought, considering you made them from paper (or cardboard-- whichever it was...). Question-- could've you painted them in actual colors, or was that not allowed by the school? I remember this kid back in eighth grade wanted to paint a broken watergun black for art class (as part of a sculpture), but he wasn't allowed...

Anyways, here's mine!

Colt Walker .44 Magnum

Was trying to get a period look with this photo... but I guess the T-shirt and the lamp in the background kinda ruin it!

This would be a Luger P-08...

I had another pic, but it's not on Photobucket... damn... ah well!
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Elheru Aran wrote:Nice... more realistic than I'd have thought, considering you made them from paper (or cardboard-- whichever it was...)
Both. Depends on the gun, really. I used three different construction methods.
Question-- could've you painted them in actual colors, or was that not allowed by the school?
I made a deal which just barely gave me permission to bring them in if I made sure that no one played with them and such. Black was a big no-no. It would get me a suspension.

EDIT: The tape on the AK almost got me in trouble (another group member put the tape on, and it wouldn't come off, but I'm not complaining :D ).
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman