Clip from BLADE 3 in Quicktime

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

theski
Sith Marauder

Clip from BLADE 3 in Quicktime

Post by theski »

Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Meh. Blade 2 looks cooler at this point. Blade 1 sucked (especially el cheapo effects at the end).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Vympel wrote:Meh. Blade 2 looks cooler at this point. Blade 1 sucked (especially el cheapo effects at the end).
Well without the first you wouldn't have number 2, so I still give it respect, even if the second has ninjas, namely one who is Danny John-Jools.

I hear the third has a cool car chase in a tunnel and something about the US gov't.

G-Man: Do you even know who's in the White House?

Blade: Yeah... an asshole.
Dirty Harry
Padawan Learner

Post by Dirty Harry »

Vympel wrote:Meh. Blade 2 looks cooler at this point. Blade 1 sucked (especially el cheapo effects at the end).
You didn't like the first film? :shock: heresey I say, Heresey!
But anyway, I'm looking at the plot synopsis now and......
When the Vampire Nation hatches a plan to frame Blade in a series of brutal killings, he must join forces with the Nightstalkers, a clan of human vampire hunters, in an extreme battle in which the trail of blood leads directly to the notorious vampire legend, Dracula.
Aw, christo, their not trying to work Dracula into the script are they? :roll:
They should have gone with this one.
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.
I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. - Jack, Fight club
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Dirty Harry wrote:
You didn't like the first film? :shock: heresey I say, Heresey!
But anyway, I'm looking at the plot synopsis now and......
When the Vampire Nation hatches a plan to frame Blade in a series of brutal killings, he must join forces with the Nightstalkers, a clan of human vampire hunters, in an extreme battle in which the trail of blood leads directly to the notorious vampire legend, Dracula.
Aw, christo, their not trying to work Dracula into the script are they? :roll:
They should have gone with this one.
if i remember correctly, the original blade comic book series actually did have a plotline involving Dracula.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Dirty Harry
Padawan Learner

Post by Dirty Harry »

ah, I see.
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.
I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. - Jack, Fight club
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Yes it did. Along with Dracula fighting the Silver Surfer. Ooh, they should add him in there too. :D
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Don't forget Howard the Duck. He killed quite a few vamps if I remember. I was always hopeing for Frank Drake,Hannible King or Morbius to show up in a Blade movie. The Midnight Sons where cool.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

spongyblue wrote:Don't forget Howard the Duck. He killed quite a few vamps if I remember. I was always hopeing for Frank Drake,Hannible King or Morbius to show up in a Blade movie. The Midnight Sons where cool.
Well, supposedly the guy at the end of the alternate ending of Blade might have been Morbius.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The problem with Blade 2 was that it was just the first one with a greater effects budget. That and the massive Matrix-ism feel to it.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Blade was ok, Blade 2 sucked.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

spongyblue wrote:Don't forget Howard the Duck. He killed quite a few vamps if I remember. I was always hopeing for Frank Drake,Hannible King or Morbius to show up in a Blade movie. The Midnight Sons where cool.
Didn't you see the clip? It isn't Hannibal King. His name is Fuck You.
spazkitten
Redshirt

Post by spazkitten »

Eh, looks kewl. Might redeem the suckiness of the last one.

Is that Van Wilder fighting alongside Blade? **checking faithful imdb** Yep. Ryan Reynolds. Wtf are they thinking? :lol:
5 X 5
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

From people that have seen the movie, he actually does well enough.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I've only seen the first one, which I thought was utter idiotic trash.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I've only seen the first one, which I thought was utter idiotic trash.
Second one is worse.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

Why the fuck would you use a bow and arrows instead of a gun? :?:
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:Why the fuck would you use a bow and arrows instead of a gun? :?:
Because it looks cool. :P

But really, I'm hoping it's explained plausibly in the movie.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

They'll probably explain it something like "vampires are highly allergic to pointy wooden sticks in their hearts, just like they are to silver and garlic and UV-light. So allergic, in fact, that it'll make them blow up". Maybe they'll throw in a line or two about retro-viri and all that. No wait, they allready did that in the first one.
In case anyone didn't notice, I hate it when Hollywood have to make everything sound scientific. Vampires are undead, cool and supernatural beings. They are not infected by a viral disease! (Though this site would have you believe otherwise :roll: )

The biggest problem with Blade 1 was that they replaced his lightsabre-ish sword (he had it in the Spiderman cartoon at least) with some katana-almost thing. That and that it spread the horrible myth that vampires are vulnerable to silver. That's werewolves goddamnit!! :x
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

People just need to watch buffy to realise vampires don't have a problem with silver
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

The biggest problem with Blade 1 was that they replaced his lightsabre-ish sword (he had it in the Spiderman cartoon at least) with some katana-almost thing. That and that it spread the horrible myth that vampires are vulnerable to silver. That's werewolves goddamnit!! :x
Depending on which vampire myths you took then they are according to some beliefs, and there certainly are worse ones that could be used (else we could have him throwing a handful of rice on the ground and gunning the vamps down while they're busy counting it).
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Zac Naloen wrote:People just need to watch buffy to realise vampires don't have a problem with silver
No, that shit is just as bad. They should read Dracula and watch both versions of Nosferatu... :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Dooey Jo wrote:They'll probably explain it something like "vampires are highly allergic to pointy wooden sticks in their hearts, just like they are to silver and garlic and UV-light. So allergic, in fact, that it'll make them blow up". Maybe they'll throw in a line or two about retro-viri and all that. No wait, they allready did that in the first one.
In case anyone didn't notice, I hate it when Hollywood have to make everything sound scientific. Vampires are undead, cool and supernatural beings. They are not infected by a viral disease! (Though this site would have you believe otherwise :roll: )
Considering that they have gods and such, they're still rather supernatural. Even if their vulnerabilities have a scientific basis.
Yes, because as we all know real vampires are not vulnerable to silver. :roll:
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

neoolong wrote:Considering that they have gods and such, they're still rather supernatural. Even if their vulnerabilities have a scientific basis.
If they could manage to put gods in there, without explaining, why did they have to try to explain the other things? It's just like that Resident Evil movie where the computer or whatever said something about why zombies could be real and tried to make it sound scientific. It's completely unnecessary and just sounds stupid!
Yes, because as we all know real vampires are not vulnerable to silver. :roll:
The originals (Dracula, Ruthven, Varney and the guys) weren't. The mythical vampires are rarely killed or even hurt by silver. Werewolves on the other hand are almost always said to be very vulnerable to silver. They are mixing the myths and I don't like it!

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

SylasGaunt wrote:Depending on which vampire myths you took then they are according to some beliefs, and there certainly are worse ones that could be used (else we could have him throwing a handful of rice on the ground and gunning the vamps down while they're busy counting it).
Yeah, they had that kind of vampire in X-files once, IIRC. And according to some the only way to kill them is to burn them and spread the ashes in a river. There are a lot of myths and the best would be to use the most common, like Stoker did when he wrote Dracula (and then he added some to that. Like the exchange of blood in order to make a new vampire).