The Lonestar Navy/HAB/Leave pic thread. Pic Heavy

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

The Lonestar Navy/HAB/Leave pic thread. Pic Heavy

Post by Lonestar »

Finally, you get to see some of what I have to do on a regular basis.

First up, a picture of the Midway.

West Coast/Third Fleet Represent! Nick is on the left, Eric is on the right. Pic is inside the Ship's OPS Office.

A CT working? What's up with that?

Can any HAB member guess which fine vessel this is?

BonHomme Richard

Can anyone help identify this antenna? (Don't help them, Tysroc)

Lonestar's Leading Petty Officer finding out he has to get sprayed in the face with pepper spray at 0600 the next morning.

Image Lonestar's LPO: "Fucking CTs....."

Image "Nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Especially as the Captain called us out by name on how 'not to act on liberty'."

Easy E, the Minister of Mack says " Gimmie a Beer."

Lonestar's humble adobe.

"You're a geek. Now let me the Goddamn House!"

WW2 Memorial

Where's Lonestar?

Lonestar's Grandpa.

Cookie to the person who identifies this memorial.

Wew! That's it for now! Stay tuned for more....
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

This belongs in A&P.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Didn't Shep have a pic thread in the OT awhile back? :?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Lonestar wrote:Didn't Shep have a pic thread in the OT awhile back? :?
If he did, then the OT mods must not have caught it.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Lonestar Navy/HAB/Leave pic thread. Pic Heavy

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Lonestar wrote: Image
Lonestar's humble adobe.
I will never, ever again complain about Air Force dormatories.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Teradoc
Redshirt

Post by Teradoc »

Cookie to the person who identifies this memorial.

*opens mouth for cookie

World War 1 Memorial, dedicated towards soldiers serving from DC
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Teradoc wrote:

*opens mouth for cookie

World War 1 Memorial, dedicated towards soldiers serving from DC
*flings cookie at Teradoc
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Lonestar wrote: http://www.stardestroyer.net/WarWolves/ ... ge0025.JPG
Lonestar's humble adobe.
I will never, ever again complain about Air Force dormatories.
Actually that looks pretty nice as Navy berthings go.

What's with the wood floors?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Tsyroc wrote:
Actually that looks pretty nice as Navy berthings go.

What's with the wood floors?
It's suppose to make it feel more "Homey" I suppose.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Lonestar wrote: http://www.stardestroyer.net/WarWolves/ ... ge0009.JPG
Can any HAB member guess which fine vessel this is?

Looks like a carrier getting it's island fumagated. :D

Usually all the critters don't get up that high. :wink:
Last edited by Tsyroc on 2004-06-22 12:13am, edited 1 time in total.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Abode, not adobe you bloody squid!

Nice pictures, albeit too low resolution :)
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

It's getting sprayed for potato bugs.

Seriously, it's very dilaphedated.(sic), and the identity of the ship may surprise you. Obviously, it is/was based in San Diego currently/in the recent past.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:It's getting sprayed for potato bugs.

Seriously, it's very dilaphedated.(sic), and the identity of the ship may surprise you. Obviously, it is/was based in San Diego currently/in the recent past.
Not the Reagan right? It's still on it's way, I think. Though that would be a shocker.

I'd say the JFK but that was in Mayport last I checked. Oh well. *shrug*
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Looks more like Constellation to me. The mast is too complicated for JFK, at least to my eye.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Howedar wrote:Looks more like Constellation to me. The mast is too complicated for JFK, at least to my eye.
Wise guy, eh?

Well, looking closer I can be pretty sure it ain't the Ronnie, because I don't think she has the tower thingy behind the island like that. Actually, is that unique to just the Nimitz class ships, or do the CVs have them too?

If it's a Nimitz CVN I would be really shocked.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

The mast is definately not right for a Nimitz.

I'm going to say with some degree of certainty that it's Constellation. Kitty Hawk isn't in port right now I don't think (though it's a possibility), Midway's (and her sister's) mast is very different, Ranger and co. are likewise quite different. JFK is the only other ship that seems possible to me, but the mast looks wrong on her as well.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Howedar wrote:The mast is definately not right for a Nimitz.

I'm going to say with some degree of certainty that it's Constellation. Kitty Hawk isn't in port right now I don't think (though it's a possibility), Midway's (and her sister's) mast is very different, Ranger and co. are likewise quite different. JFK is the only other ship that seems possible to me, but the mast looks wrong on her as well.
Perhaps the Nimitz herself then? It's PACFLT at least. And take a gander at the mast.

For that matter, she's currently listed as in Maintenance at Global Security and isn't underway according to the Navy.

Anyway, just my guess, but the mast looks different on the Nimitz than it does on the Vinson.

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Yes, you're right. It's Nimitz.

The picture of her I dug up earlier is pretty old, the mast is quite different. But this one matches exactly, also notice how the little white ball on the port edge of the deck matches up well.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Howedar wrote:Yes, you're right. It's Nimitz.

The picture of her I dug up earlier is pretty old, the mast is quite different. But this one matches exactly, also notice how the little white ball on the port edge of the deck matches up well.
Very true. Didn't notice that beforehand.

This saddens me. I like the Nimitz and I'd love to serve on her. But then, she joined the fleet in what, '79? It doesn't surprise me that she's showing her age a bit now (twenty five years now, where has the time gone?).

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

How is it sad? What's sad is when you see a Russian vessel rusting away without maintenance.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Howedar wrote:How is it sad? What's sad is when you see a Russian vessel rusting away without maintenance.
No, I think "victory" at that image. Then remind myself it's not the 80s. :P

Anyway, Lonestar's "dilapidated" comment is what saddened me, not so much it having to get fumigated (eh, shit happens).

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Lonestar wrote: Image
First up, a picture of the Midway.
At least from a distance the Midway looks pretty good.

I always heard that the Japanese really helped take good care of it.

The Coral Sea (also of the same class) was a real piece of shit that listed to one side when it was decommed years before the Midway, even though the Midway was older.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

DING DING DING! We have a winner!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:

DING DING DING! We have a winner!
Bastard, I said it was the Nimitz first. What is it with you and giving credit to the people who repeat me?

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: Bastard, I said it was the Nimitz first. What is it with you and giving credit to the people who repeat me?
He's just treating you like a JO a little bit early. Just think how far ahead of your classmates you'll be experience wise and it's all because of Lonestar. :D