Duchess' contest.

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Duchess' contest.

Post by Knife »

Any one here submit their story to the Duchess' contest? Being just shy of the deadline *tomarrow* I just sent mine in.

Anyone else submit a story and if so do ya want to give a blurb?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Contest?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

Oh wow, that's still on?
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Fuck, I completely forgot about this for months, then when I remembered I lost too much time to make something of it. Goddamn procrastination.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

What is the contest about ? Details please.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Hmmm, my shit got bounced back?!?! Hey Dutchess, WTF?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Stofsk wrote:Fuck, I completely forgot about this for months, then when I remembered I lost too much time to make something of it. Goddamn procrastination.
Same here. Damn it.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

fgalkin wrote:
Stofsk wrote:Fuck, I completely forgot about this for months, then when I remembered I lost too much time to make something of it. Goddamn procrastination.
Same here. Damn it.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I don't think its on. I emailed my story over and it got bounced back. I've PM'ed her about it but I've not seen her around her in a while.

:cry: I worked hard on that. :cry:

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

fgalkin wrote:
Same here. Damn it.
Thirded.
JADAFETWA
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Knife wrote::cry: I worked hard on that. :cry:
Dude, why not post it here and we can critique it? I studied Literature you know, I'm an expert. 8) Seriously, don't get discouraged. You worked hard on it, so show it to an audience. :)
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Stofsk wrote:
Knife wrote::cry: I worked hard on that. :cry:
Dude, why not post it here and we can critique it? I studied Literature you know, I'm an expert. 8) Seriously, don't get discouraged. You worked hard on it, so show it to an audience. :)
Scroll down a bit to, The Wars of Heaven and Hell. I'll post chpt 2 tonight.

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I worked on one for that, but I stopped somewhere around a third to halfway through. I'll get back to it eventually, though.
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

Also, isn't Duchess away ATM? I remember phong saying something about that ...
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

CONTEST UPDATE

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

The final date for submissions is now 7 July because of difficulty in arranging the schedules of the judges. That will give everyone who needs time some time, as well, and those who do not, well, apologies about the delay. Also, the address is storycontest@dragonchoice.com and it DOES work, we just checked it. If it doesn't work for you for some reason, PM your story to me. We have five judges and the results should be back in three weeks or so after the 7th (I'm leaving on a trip on the 28th/29th and it will be done before then). Anyone who wants to make a last-minute effort is encouraged to do so.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.