My newer Signature/cult of ephant

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

My newer Signature/cult of ephant

Post by jenat-lai »

Hi, I updated my sig again, again..

what was once:

is now

to reflect the change of hair colour to brown by ephant in real life.

Official SD.net Simmer and Appreciator of Aircraft and Spacecraft.
Prolific vatsim pilot. See theOfficial Vatsim ATC and multiplayer traffic display
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Be glad she likes you, because you'd be creeping me out a bit if it was me in her position.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I'm creeped out and I'm not even the same gender.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Howedar wrote:I'm creeped out and I'm not even the same gender.
Oh, so it's not just me? Good to know. I thought I was getting prickly in my old age. :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm giving a third on the creeped out factor. Has she even posted in significant amounts?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I'm giving a third on the creeped out factor. Has she even posted in significant amounts?
Eight times. j-l's going to say that he knows her in real life, which is fine and good--a couple people on this board could say the same thing, and they aren't quite as...fanatical about it....
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Zaia wrote:Eight times. j-l's going to say that he knows her in real life, which is fine and good--a couple people on this board could say the same thing, and they aren't quite as...fanatical about it....
I just know what would happen if my female friends started posting here and I formed a Net Girl Cult around them. I'd probably be enslaved and forced to do Depraved Acts with household appliances or face the contents of their Sack of Terror. Or something like that. Either way, I'd be getting really strange looks.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Er, I meant to say "a couple people on this board could say the same thing about me"....oops.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Zaia wrote:Er, I meant to say "a couple people on this board could say the same thing about me"....oops.
Don't worry, it's clear from the context what you meant there.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zaia wrote:Er, I meant to say "a couple people on this board could say the same thing about me"....and they aren't quite as...fanatical about it....
Are you so sure? *whistles benignly*
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

RogueIce wrote:Are you so sure? *whistles benignly*
Yes, the people I know both in real life and on this board I can count on one hand, and none of them are fanatical or creepy about their relations with me. (If you read what I wrote again, you'll see I was referring to people who know me IRL & here, not just here.)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zaia wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Are you so sure? *whistles benignly*
Yes, the people I know both in real life and on this board I can count on one hand, and none of them are fanatical or creepy about their relations with me. (If you read what I wrote again, you'll see I was referring to people who know me IRL & here, not just here.)
Crapola. *sigh* I can never win, can I?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

RogueIce wrote:Crapola. *sigh* I can never win, can I?
Not with me, it seems. 8)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zaia wrote:
RogueIce wrote:Crapola. *sigh* I can never win, can I?
Not with me, it seems. 8)
One day, lady, one day...

Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Looks like everybody is forming a cult this days. I joined the cult of the Kernel.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Pity the Cult of Gandalf never took off.

Otherwise, I quite like j-l's sigs, a very subtle obsessiveness.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Well the sig is always available to be changed, have bits of it completley removed, etc etc. If it gets annoying I can always make it different. However ephant herself hasn't made a big deal about it, It isn't completley serious (although I can be called obsessed with her at times.) and all in good fun. If she expresses even a concern about the sig, it will change.

Prolific vatsim pilot. See theOfficial Vatsim ATC and multiplayer traffic display
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Just wondering how did you create the sig image ?
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Gandalf wrote:Pity the Cult of Gandalf never took off.

Otherwise, I quite like j-l's sigs, a very subtle obsessiveness.
Uh, your definition of subtlety needs reexamination, Gandalf.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

evilcat4000 wrote:Just wondering how did you create the sig image ?
Erm I didn't... ephant did. minus the words on the green background. The 'portrait' thing is something she herself has made.

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I'm glad she's ok with it so far, babe, but...I don't know. From some of the stuff you've posted about her, it does seem like you get kind of obsessed with her and finding a new technicolor way to remind her of that every time you post anything doesn't seem like the best idea to me. *shrugs* Maybe it's just me. But hey, if she's cool with it, rock on with your stalkerness, I guess. :P

Why not start your cult to her after she's posted for a little while and the people in your cult actually get a chance to, y'know, talk to her and stuff? Just a thought...
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I think I'm going to form a cult of dedicated to my glory. It seems so fashionable these days.

I officially announce the formation of Sgt. Gil's Lonely Hearts Club Cult. Soon I'll make sigbanners for all who join.

ephant
Redshirt

Post by ephant »

meh. I gave up on being creeped out by j-l. It took too much effort.

And if he gets too scary... well there's always fire :twisted:
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

ephant wrote:meh. I gave up on being creeped out by j-l. It took too much effort.
Hehehe. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

ephant wrote:meh. I gave up on being creeped out by j-l. It took too much effort.

And if he gets too scary... well there's always fire :twisted:
Yah, fire = t3h good.

And I can definitely see why it'd take too much effort to be creeped out by him; he seems to be making it his full time job to be creepy.

Damn trumpet players.... :P