Mi-24 in Afganistan

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Mi-24 in Afganistan

Post by Bob McDob »

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I've seen that paintjob before. What it's doing in Afghanistan, I have no idea. It doesn't look mission capable at all.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

The paintjob is awesome.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

It's been done....

Kalinin K 12:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Vympel wrote:I've seen that paintjob before. What it's doing in Afghanistan, I have no idea. It doesn't look mission capable at all.
It's fully mission-capable. It looks like a publicity mission to me.

Admittedly I wouldn't send a Tiger Squadron plane on a peacekeeping mission in its stripes. :wink:

But they don't seem to think there'll be any strikes against the vehicle, plus a camo and sky-blue 24 might just bring back unpleasant memories for the locals. :D
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Vympel wrote:I've seen that paintjob before. What it's doing in Afghanistan, I have no idea. It doesn't look mission capable at all.
How can you tell?
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:How can you tell?
The radio-command guidance radome looks like it's missing the actual radome. I can't be sure, but the Raduga-Sh system looks like something's been done to it too. I'd have to see it front on.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Vympel wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:How can you tell?
The radio-command guidance radome looks like it's missing the actual radome. I can't be sure, but the Raduga-Sh system looks like something's been done to it too. I'd have to see it front on.
The radome simply appears to have a painted mask over the front of it (though it is difficult to see properly from the pictures), but what do you thinks been done to the Surveilance and targeting system? The Housing looks completely intact (from what we can see of it).
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back