Bras made obsolete?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Wicked Pilot wrote:That'll do. Is that a Piper of some sort? I wanna see more of the airplane.
Beechcraft Sundowner. Can't say I was terribly impressed by it - nothing wrong with it, mind you, just that the Piper Cherokee line (which is what I'm mostly flying these days) is lighter, slightly more powerful, and generally cheaper in all important categories. Not by much, in any of those areas, but overall a Piper Warrior is more plane for your buck.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Bras made obsolete?

Post by Broomstick »

Peregrin Toker wrote:Is it just me, or will this invention be forgotten in a few years?
We can only hope so....
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Broomstick wrote:Not by much, in any of those areas, but overall a Piper Warrior is more plane for your buck.
I have a few hours in the Seneca and the Archer, and I must say I'm not really fond of Pipers. Being from the south, the stupid one door on the right, one pathetically small window on the left design turns those things into ovens while on the ground. At least with the 172s you can pop the windows on both sides and hang your whole arm out while taxing.

And to make sure my post stays on topic; I must say yet again, titanium breast inplants are bad.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Really - didn't we learn anything from silicon breast implants? Screwing around with the internal architecture of the human body is nothing to do on a whim.

Sure, for reconstruction implants make tons of sense - you're attempting to remedy a genuine defect. Even so, a small but ever-present number of women who lose a breast (or two) to disease choose NOT to have surgical reconstruction, or can't have reconstruction. But for the life of me, I can't see how this titanium mesh cup thing would have any role in reconstructing a breast so you can't justify it on those grounds.

Then we have all the women who had silicone or saline implants for cosmetic reasons and wound up very unhappy. The whole "implants cause problem X" situation is on very shaky evidence at best, but the fact is, they do rupture and, like anything else, things do go wrong on occassion - including all the usual surgical risks of infection, blood clots, scarring, etc.

The thing I'm not sure folks always realize is that another complication - even more common than infection, etc. - is a loss of sensation in the breast. Sure, they LOOK great... but the woman loses an erogenous zone. Oh, not every time, and the competance of the surgeon counts for a great deal, but it's a real risk. There's definitely irony there - the woman gets a boob job to look more sexy, but winds up with numb tits. Hey, I like the sensations involved in tit play, I'm not going to give up part of my sex life for a larger bra cup.

Oh - and Wicked - I'm flying Pipers mainly because that's what I have access to right now. There are a couple Cessnas, but after the pitot-static failure I'm none too trusting of that particular C172, and the C150's are too small to take friends along this time of year - if I can even convince a person to get into something that small. Yes, I agree with all of your objections, but with rental planes mechanical soundness comes first, of course, over details like how many doors.