Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hmph. I never read that stuff anyway. Can't Thrawn have his own bodyguard/assassins? Or can't Thrawn borrow those Nogs?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Vympel wrote:ttoo bad they never met Luke, that would've been cool ...)
IIRC, didn't one or two of Khabarak's clan meet Luke? He took his X-wing to their planet after pulling some stunt or another, and they had a hidden valley where they were experimenting with reversing the Imperial terraforming job; he landed there and they repaired his fighter...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Stravo wrote:
Vympel wrote:Stravo, I hope you've remembered Thrawn's trusty Noghri Assassin-Bodyguard when/if the time comes to defend the Grand-Admiral's person from ... undersireable elements in his command.

I assume Thrawn had his Noghri assasins already at his side by the ROTJ era? I've been keeping them under wraps in case I'm wrong about this. But imagine this: Kahn's supermen vs. Noghri assasins duking it out in the corridors of the Executor. An image that I've been toying with in my head for some time.
Yes, Vader gave Thrawn the Noghri assasins for helping him damage Black Sun on Correlia before the battle of Hoth, In Side Trip (It also gives Thrawn the credit for the massacre at Derra IV to)
Last edited by Crazedwraith on 2004-06-13 07:20am, edited 1 time in total.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Ah, well that settles that then.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

So now Thrawn has an ace in the hole and a major part in the story has been spoiled. Good job, guys! :P
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Sunstreaker
Padawan Learner

Post by Sunstreaker »

Beautiful.

Great job dude.
Autobot-Cybertron's Finest

"I've been through alcohol, marriage, and network television. If you want to kill me, you're gonna need kryptonite." - Sam Donovan, Sports Night
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:These bodyguard assassin guys could also explain why Thrawn knew what Khan was doing. An Ace up Thrawn's sleeve.
BLASPHEMY! Thrawn always knows anyway! :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Rogue 9 wrote:BLASPHEMY! Thrawn always knows anyway! :P
How? :?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:BLASPHEMY! Thrawn always knows anyway! :P
How? :?
*draws deep on the ubersize-joint* Cause he is the Thrawn man! how can you doubt the Thrawn? :P
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Another day, another update, got the juices flowing boys and girls and it feels good. Been awhile since I've written like this so enjoy it while it lasts.

Chapter 71: Reaping the Whirlwind Part III

The angry young man stood stoically in the admiral’s quarters, hands clasped behind his back as he contemplated the older man. He was conspicuously flanked by two stormtroopers.

“You may be seated Commander Shinzon.” Grand Admiral Kittaine indicated the chair in front of the tall young bald human.

“I prefer to stand.” Shinzon replied.

“As you wish.” Kittaine nodded and watched Shinzon for a moment. The young human was an anomaly amongst the Romulans. But he was also a valuable find. Considering the storm that was coming, Kittaine had no choice but to exploit this new resource.

“Tell me Commander, do you know why you’re here?”

“I am mystified Grand Admiral. However, I also know that the Romulan fleet is being mobilized for extended duty.”

“Indeed. For someone who many consider an outsider in your government you are remarkably informed.”

Shinzon smiled coldly.

“I may be an outsider to the Romulans but I had been moving among them for sometime from the shadows.”

“Yes, I am well aware of this.” Kittaine peered down at a datapad. Shinzon kept his eyes on the Admiral and ignored the pad and the guards. The coming of the Empire had left him stranded in a sort of political limbo. His home world reduced to rubble he had lost much of his support but he still had his contact and his one ace in the hole that he had recently played before he vanished into the oblivion of those without power.

“You were instrumental in providing us with the new Scimitar assault cruisers that we have begun producing.”

“They were a gift to Lord Nemesis and his Imperium.” Shinzon explained.

Kittaine stared at Shinzon hard for a moment.

“I see. It has nothing to do with the fact that you were placed in a precarious position with our arrival?”

“I don’t think I under---”

“My agents are well aware that you were on the verge of executing a coup against the Romulan government and that the Scimitar was to be provided as a gift to the admiralty in order to gain their support.”

Shinzon frowned. He had not counted on the Imperium figuring out the plots that were circulating before their arrival. Unfortunately he should have expected it since many of these agents that Kittaine mentioned were former Tal-Shiar who were collapsed into the new Imperium security forces. He certainly did not expect to be confronted about it. A simple thank you and a shift to a post somewhere off world would have been more welcome.

“I will not deny such reports but in the end does that change anything Grand Admiral?”

“Perhaps not, but it brings your loyalty into question.”

“Why? Because I gave the Imperium a mighty gift? If that is being disloyal Grand Admiral—”

“Don’t be coy Shinzon. I’ve read your dossier. You’re a warrior and a leader but you’ve been a member of a disenfranchised group for most of your life, you’re human which is even more stunning in this society and you’re home world was recently destroyed. I have to wonder where you stand at this point.”

Shinzon began to pace but the stormtroopers’ sudden snap of weapons at the ready made him think twice about that decision.

“Perhaps you can lower the lights a bit Grand Admiral.”

“You’re human not Reman Shinzon. Let’s get to the point shall we?”

What was the old man trying to get at? He knew enough about this Imperium to understand that if Kittaine was indeed concerned about his loyalty he would be dead by now. So what game was he playing?

“Let us be absolutely clear then Grand Admiral.” Shinzon began hotly, eyes boring into Kittaine’s. “It was the Federation that destroyed my home world using their infernal world eating machine, it was the Federation that reduced my home world to a tomb when they activated their weapon of mass destruction in the opening days of this war. They are the source of my hatred and anger and I will indeed have my revenge.”

Kittaine nodded satisfactorily.

“That’s what I thought. I wanted to hear it from your lips, Admiral.”

Shinzon tried his best to hide his surprise but failed miserably. Kittaine offered him a datapad. Shinzon hesitantly took it. He scanned the datapad while furiously trying to figure out what just happened.

“I am putting you in command of the first wing of Scimitars that have been constructed at your shipyards. You will be responsible for the defense of the home world should we have to pull a significant number of Imperium ships to combat a growing threat.”

“Thrawn.” Shinzon concluded.

“What makes you say that?”

“If this were Kirk and his paltry Federation remnant you would not have to pull most of the main Imperium fleet off the line. You could easily hunt him with the Scimitars you have on hand at this point.”

“You are sharp. It looks as if I have made a good decision. And now let me try to make one more decision that could save your world and help the Imperium in the coming war.” Kittaine stated and leaned forward over his desk.

“As the humans say I’m all ears.” Shinzon replied with a cool smile.

“These so called perfect cloaks of yours…how compatible are they with Imperium technology?”

“Everyone duck!” Kirk shouted as a blast tore through the grounds around them heaving steaming earth up into geysers.

“We have to suppress that weapon!” Worf shouted as he tried to get a shot off at the anti personnel cannon unleashing such fury at their group. Scotty was limping over with McCoy at his side. The lift doors were sealed shut and Kirk desperately needed to get Scotty to the control panel in the hope that they could get the doors open.

“I’m open to suggestion Chancellor!” Kirk shouted back as another volley ripped down a line behind them, showering the defenders with hot earth and stone.

“Captain, if you allow me.” Someone shouted as they passed in a flash.

“Who—”

“Jim! It’s Luke!” Leia exclaimed.

Luke raced past the pinned defenders as the cannon crew caught sight of him charging their position. They laughed. The cannon was set up on a second level catwalk over the lift. There was no access anywhere nearby and the catwalk was ten meters off the ground. What was the mad man trying to accomplish charging their gun?

“Give him a shot for Lord Darkstar!”

The crew cheered as they recharged the weapon and began firing. The angry crimson beams lanced out hungrily searching for Luke. He smiled grimly as the beams flashed by his head mere inches away. He was nearly at the wall, pain pike snapped up into a ready position.

“What’s that fool going to do? Jump?” Worf snapped.

“You know something, Chancellor, I think that’s precisely what he’s going to do.” Kirk muttered as Luke leapt up in mid-stride and soared towards the catwalk. The gunnery crew stared in amazement at the feat, while some had the presence of mind to fumble for their weapons and fired a blazing criss cross of disruptor and phaser fire. Luke tucked in and rolled, passing between the beams as if he knew where they were going to be before the gunners did. He continued soaring up in a tight roll right over the gunners’ heads.

Luke landed behind them on the catwalk in a low crouch, just in time to avoid a lashing beam of green disruptor energy meant to blow a hole in his chest, instead it only managed to blow a fist sized chunk out of the marble wall behind them.

Luke lashed out with his pain pike, taking the legs out from under two of the gunners. As they fell he rose quickly and lashed out with the bladed end of the pike and cut off the hand of another gunner. The maimed henchmen screamed in pain and held his ruined stump, blood spraying out in time with his heartbeats.

The two gunners on the floor scrambled up to their feet as quickly as they could but to no avail as Luke casually snapped the blunt end of the pain pike across their chins, sending their heads crashing backwards against the catwalk grating. He took one last look at the fallen guards as the maimed one collapsed to the floor staring at his ruined hand.

“I would try a tourniquet as soon as possible if you want to live.” Luke cautioned.

“Are we clear?” Kirk called up.

“You’re clear from up here, Captain.” Disruptor fire exploded around the lift area as more guards poured in from other points in the massive rotunda on the catwalks above and side entrances. “Let me clear that up Captain, you’re clear from my end, let me help you out.”

Luke took a hold of the anti personnel cannon, quickly scanned the controls. This beast was a power hog and would over heat quickly. Without a crew helping him he could only get a few volleys off before the generator or the barrel started to cook, so he had to make every shot count.

Luke aimed carefully and pressed the firing stud.

The cannon kicked in his hands like a wild Bantha as it spat out a lethal spray of crimson energy that sliced its way up the far wall and tore through the far right catwalk, reducing men and metal into a fine mist.

Kirk turned back to Scotty.

“C’mon Scotty, we don’t have much time.”

“He is a great warrior even if he is responsible for the death of millions of my people.” Worf mused as he watched the young black garbed warrior with growing respect.

“I’m right here sair!” Scotty exclaimed as he reached the control panel.

“Did we miss the party?” Uhura called out as she and Chewbacca charged in to help cover the door.

“You’re just in time for the main event. What’s the matter Scotty?”

“I canna get this housing cover off to get to the controls and I’m afraid of just blasting it off.” He complained as he tried vainly to peel the main panel’s cover off. Chewbacca growled and reached over, pulling the housing clear off with a loud squeal of metal giving way. The Wookie casually flipped the ruined housing cover over his shoulder.

Scotty smiled at Chewbacca and nodded approvingly.

“Thank you lad.” Scotty immediately turned to work on the panel.

“This is madness you know, Kirk.” Mara snapped as she joined Kirk and Leia crouched by the door and returning fire at the gathering guards.

“Oh? What part?” Kirk asked sardonically.

“Laugh now if you will but you’ll be praying for the Imperial reinforcements to arrive soon enough if this gets any hotter.”

“Imperials?! Why would those heathens be coming here now?” Scotty asked as he fished among the glowing ODN relays and found the chip he was looking for.

“The nice young lady here called for them.” Kirk explained.

Scotty muttered something dark as he pulled the chip and quickly worked to reroute the others.

“That about sums up my feelings on the matter as well Mr. Scott.” Leia added.

“If you ask me, this mission passed the point of being suicide when you let them rip my earlobe off.” McCoy added.

“Doctor, it was part of the plan.” Spock noted as he arrived toting an extra disruptor rifle which he handed to a very grateful Worf.

“And whose idea was it to put the transmitter in my earlobe?” McCoy muttered.

“Yours.” Sulu replied as he fired a long volley up at a group of guards inching closer to their position along the far left catwalk.

“And whose idea was it to tell those animals about it?” McCoy added angrily.

Kirk looked pensive for a moment.

“Don’t remember if it was mine or Mudd’s.” he admitted.

McCoy shook his head and sighed.

“I never thought this plan would ever hinge on Harry Mudd.”

“Beggars can’t be choosers.”

“Says who?” McCoy demanded as a disruptor bolt splashed against the armored lift door.

“Watch out, the big ship’s making a run on the Sagan.”

“He’s not even going to get close enough to get a clear shot boss.” Hobbie vowed. His X-Wing dove straight through a hail of disruptor fire and fired a volley into the Raider’s forward weapons array, slicing through its shields with an explosive impact the sent the Raider tumbling out of control.

“Let’s close up the gaps in our lines, we’re getting too spread out.” Wedge cautioned as he gunned his engines and was rewarded with a gut wrenching acceleration. “Good work on the engines, R2.” Wedge commented. Only a few minutes ago his X-Wing had been powerless, forced to be dragged along by the Sagan on one of her tractor beams until repairs could be completed.

The astromech droid responded with an enthusiastic series of beeps and whistles.

“Roger that sir.”

Rogue Squadron continued pitching in and out of the fight, keeping the much larger Orion defensive fleet off balance. The Sagan kept her distance, firing in support of the X-Wings and trying to maintain a sensor lock on the palace below. Darkstar’s transport scramblers were still up and running but Captain Entebbe had been told to keep an eye out for the field dropping and that would be his single to get the group the hell out of the hornet’s nest.

“Oh, oh, looks like more reinforcements in bound from the far side of the system.” His XO warned as a new series of readings came up on their station displays. Entebbe grunted. The one advantage to being in a fight on a science vessel was that you were painfully aware of your surroundings at all times. Science vessel sensor suites were the most powerful the Federation had developed.

“Is that?”

“Yes it is sir, capital ship class.”

“I wasn’t aware the Orions had anything remotely like that.”

“With this war raging I have a feeling that Darkstar has been very busy raiding the battlefields for new ships.” His XO noted. Entebbe switched to the fleet channel.

“Wedge, you and the rogues watch your backs, we’re reading a capital class ship inbound. We’re trying to ascertain ship class but she’s big and her power consumption curves indicate an attack cruiser of some kind.”

“Well, Captain, I’d say its time to hike up our pants because the Bantha poodoo we’re in is starting to get deep.” Wedge replied.

“Get me readings on that capital ship. What is she?”

“We’re trying sir.”

The battle continued to rage outside as Orion raiders traded fire with the far more nimble X-wings. Fires blossomed around the warships and beams lanced through the darkness searching for targets.

Two X-Wings split just before going head to head with a large raider and each one attacked a nacelle, destroying it in a rain of bright red fire. The raider’s lights dimmed and weapons fire dwindled to stray random shots as the ship’s power core died.

One X-Wing spun wildly as a detonation from a photon torpedo clipped it. A raider rose to intercept the helpless X-Wing when the Sagan brought herself between the X-Wing and the Raider’s weapons fire.

“I have confirmation, she’s definitely Klingon, tentatively identified as a Vor’cha class attack cruiser.”

“Damnit. Those are nasty bastards.” Entebbe snapped.

“Reading an escort of modified raiders, up gunned and overpowered.” His XO looked up at Entebbe. “These are obviously Darkstar’s heavy hitters.”

“Well, there you have it, the party just got interesting.” Entebbe muttered.

The Klingon cruiser arrived on the scene in moments as she led her escort of Orion raiders and announced her presence with a series of heavy disruptor fire, several strikes which battered the Sagan and collapsed her port side shields.

Entebbe held onto his command seat and shouted out commands as bridge lights flickered.

“Reestablishing port shields!”

“Captain reading fluctuations on port side nacelles…damn we’re venting plasma!” his engineer reported.

“Helm bring us about, defense pattern Gamma, fire all phasers time on target to the Vor’cha’s nearest nacelle. Torpedoes?”

“We have two full spreads left in the banks sir.”

“Engineering lock down that plasma leak and shunt all non essential power to re establish shields.”

“Aye sir!”

“This is Rogue leader to Sagan, we’re taking this beast head on. Withdraw to 210 mark 29, we cleared the path for you.” Wedge cut in.

“Roger that Rogue leader, we’re complying but be careful, that thing was built for pure combat unlike these raiders we’ve been tangling with and if there’ anything the Klingons can build well, its warships.”

The X-Wings quickly formed up in a flying wedge and raced towards the Klingon warship. As they rapidly closed the distance Wedge noticed that the Vor’cha cruiser had seen far better days. The dusky emerald hull was patched in several places with dull gunmetal gray armor and the port nacelle was missing several components, the red bussard collector was cracked and glowed intermittingly. But she was still dangerous as her opening volley had proven.

“I think this might be the right time to start using out torpedoes, boss?” Wes suggested.

“I couldn’t agree with you more.” Wedge replied. He set up his targeting system to missile lock on with a flick of a stud on his control stick. “Try to concentrate on the engines and weapons, we may not get another pass like this one.”

Back on the Sagan, Entebbe’s XO whistled softly as he saw the wedge of X-Wings closing with the Vor’cha.

“They’re going right down its throat.”

Entebbe’s eyes widened as the X-Wings began receiving heavy fire and the torpedoes parted from the fighters in bright blue plumes of plasma. They raced towards the big cruiser as it immediately began evasive maneuvers.

The big ship was too slow and the first wave of torpedoes struck with devastating effectiveness. The first few tore through the heavy shields, its energy field flaring up dramatically as it was overwhelmed by the high impact blast. The right nacelle was blown completely off its housing and the nose mounted disruptor cannon was blown clear deep into the hull of the warship. Despite the massive damage, the ship was till in fighting condition. She fired off another salvo that caught one of the last X-Wings as it almost completed its high G turn out of the attack run.

The X-Wing spun madly trailing a glittering stream of molten metal and hot gasses.

“Helm, take us in quick, see if we can’t scoop her out of the line of fire, transporter room, get a clear lock on the pilot and get ready to beam him aboard.” Entebbe ordered.

“Sir.” His XO warned.

“We’re almost there.” Entebbe urged as the Sagan soared towards the stricken X-Wing.

“Sir…there’s something on our warning display.”

“We’re surrounded by enemy ships, what else could be on our warning display.”

“Warning, hyperspace emergence in grid 22.” the soft female voice of the computer warned.

“Oh no.” Entebbe breathed.

An Imperial stardestroyer emerged from hyperspace in a blast of bright white light. A frenzy of green turbolaser fire erupted with its arrival and the closest Orion raiders scattered or were blown to their component atoms with the opening barrage. The mighty warship soared through the wreckage unhindered and made a course straight for the planet. TIE fighters were slowly dispersing out from the hangar bay in tight formations as three assault shuttles formed up beneath the ship.

“Transmission coming through on all frequencies.”

“Put it through.”

“Once again this is the Imperial Stardestroyer Adjudicator. There will be no mercy for those that oppose us. If you value your lives Orion scum, you are to stand down and make way or be destroyed.”

“This is what we call out of the frying pan.” Entebbe sighed heavily.

“My most humble apologies for doubting you my lord.” Harry Mudd pleaded as they stepped off the lift.

Darkstar nodded absently as they stepped out of the lift.

“This will be the shortest way to the safe room. From there I can control and direct my troops and then we will see why no one has challenged my power in generations.” Darkstar vowed. “Then you will see why it was foolish to doubt me in the first place bloated one.”

“Yes, I am beginning to see that.” Harry replied biting back the scathing come back that followed.

“Sir we must hurry.” His remaining guard urged as he keyed the code to enter the level.

“Of course, I cannot wait to crush those fools. In fact I have a perfect plan, do you know what this level is, Mudd?”

“I can’t say that I do.” Hurry answered as he watched the lightsaber on Darkstar’s belt dangling tantalizingly close.

“It is where I keep my growing clone army.”

“Clone army but I thought that was all hogwash.” Mudd protested. “The delusions of a fevered mind, the ramblings of an off kilter conscience, the ---”

“Mudd do shut up! It took many resources and men to get me a working clone facility from one of the Cardasian border worlds at the close of the Dominion war. Now I will soon have an army of Jem’Hadar loyal to me and me alone and I will sweep my armies across this wretched quadrant and become the preeminent power.”

Mudd smirked. This was almost clichéd and amusing if the bastard did not truly believe it.

The armored blast doors hissed open.

“Step through with me Harry Mudd and watch the power that I command.” Darkstar announced grandly. The guard began to step through when a dozen shadowy forms jumped on him and the guard barely had time to let out a strangled scream before a bloody crunching sound ceased all movement and sound from the hapless victim.

“Damnit!!” Mudd exclaimed and jumped back. Anastasia screamed and started to run as a dozen Jem'Hadar, some in varying states of growth, missing patches of skin, exposed muscles and tendons scrambled into the lift area. Murderous fury in their eyes they approached Darkstar who was standing still before them. Anastasia frantically banged on the lift door. Mudd looked past the Jem’Hadar and saw a legion of them gathering at the door.

Darkstar was unmoved by the sight of his impending death. Perhaps he was madder than Mudd had ever imagined.

“My sweet Anastasia, Mudd if you value your lives you’ll come closer to me.”

“Are you insane Darkstar! We have to get out of here!” She screamed as more Jem’Hadar passed into the lift area. They were gathering like a swarm.

“I will say nothing more then. Die where you stand or come to me and live.” Darkstar stated grimly and began walking towards the Jem’Hadar horde.

“You will be the first to die!” One of the Jem’Hadar shouted and charged. He stopped short as if hitting a brick wall. The Jem’Hadar screamed and fell to the floor, writhing like a snake.

Mudd knew a good thing when he saw one and rushed over to Darkstar’s side. Darkstar turned and regarded Anastasia with a cold smile. He extended his hand.

“Come love, unless you want to know what it feels like to be rent limb from limb.” He stated.

Anastasia gasped as she saw the Jem’Hadar edging around Darkstar, several who came too close collapsed onto the floor and screamed in agony. She ran over to him and desperately took his hand. Darkstar smile as he walked towards the door. The Jem’Hadar reacted instinctively and pulled back away from him. The Jem’Hadar that had fallen and remained closest to him stopped moving and lay still.

“What is going on if you don’t mind my asking my lord?” Mudd asked eyes wide with fear and apprehension as they walked into the cloning chambers. Each chamber was lit and the hatches were wide open. Deep white mists poured from the chamber and warning lights were frantically pulsing.

“I will make them pay for this sabotage.” Darkstar snarled. “An entire army ruined by their actions. Do you know how long it will take to put down the flawed ones and restart the process, the costs involved?” Darkstar lamented angrily.

“Uh, my gracious lord, this effect you have on these beasts?” Mudd pressed.

“Mudd you are a tiresome whelp. I should shove you outside the radius of my agonizer but you may yet be of some use to me.” Darkstar snapped.

“Agonizer?”

“The implant you were talking about.” Anastasia breathed.

“Indeed my sweet dove, I have an implant in my right wrist that insures the loyalty of my clone troops. Any clone trooper within a certain radius of my body will suffer agonizing pain and if within the field long enough, death.”

“A most fortuitous decision.”

“One does not try to build an army of killers and takes no precautions, Mudd.” Darkstar regarded the sometime smuggler and ne’er do well and tapped his temple. “Always plans within plans. Darth Nemesis will learn that soon enough.”

The lift behind them shuddered and came to life rising up back to the palace.

“So, it looks as if Kirk and his crew have found their way to my lift.”

“I told you they were not ordinary men.” Anastasia countered defiantly.

“I would expect no less to challenge me.” Darkstar hissed. “You!” The Jem’Hadar who seemed to be the leader of the swarm regarded the little man with open contempt and anger. “You wish to be free do you not?”

“Yes.” It replied darkly.

“Kill those that come down that lift and I will give you your freedom.”

“And how do we know you will keep your word?” it asked angrily.

Darkstar smiled.

“Does it really matter? They will not hesitate to kill you and frankly, that lift leads to freedom and they will be all that stand between you and it. In the end you can seize your own freedom instead of begging it from me. So I ask you, will you let a handful of Starfleet officers and a mystical warrior from another galaxy stand between you and freedom?”

The Jem’Hadar first slowly looked back from Darkstar to the lift doors. Mudd noticed that one of the First’s eyes was milky white, the eye not fully developed. The first’s smile was ice.

“I am First Rulek Par and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem’Hadar – remember,” Rulek Par glanced around at his gathered Jem’Hadar warriors who grew closer to him as he spoke until the entire legion of warriors were all around him as close as they could come. “Victory is life!” he roared.

The Jem’Hadar clones shouted as one. “Victory is life!”

“A fine speech, now if you will excuse me, I will leave you to do what it is you do best.” Darkstar said as he began striding to the command bunker beyond the cloning bays. “I really underestimated the Dominion’s genetic engineering prowess. I was assured by my science teams that we had eliminated all the hard coding.”

“We were obviously wrong.” Anastasia added.

“Damn those founders. If only I could get my hands on one I would wring its neck for the secret of turning those super soldiers into my slaves.”

“It has always bothered you, hasn’t it, not being able to control everything you see.” Anastasia noted acidly.

“Oh my sweet one, you have much to answer for, but for now I need you by my side, and before you get teary eyed and sentimental, it’s for one reason and one reason only. If that man is as powerful as he claims to be and survives the Jem’Hadar gauntlet I laid for him, I will need you to be my shield.” Anastasia grimaced in disgust at him. “For I fear that this Achilles has his weakness and it is his feelings for you. I am all about exploiting my enemy’s weaknesses.” Darkstar laughed.

They disappeared into the darkness of the complex beyond as the Jem'Hadar horde gathered. The lift began to descend. First Rulek Par nodded and turned to his horde.

“Now, my brothers, it is time.”

“Scotty we don’t have much time.” Kirk urged as he fired another volley against the gathering troops.

“This is surgery Captain. Would you rush doctor McCoy if he were operating on someone?” Scotty protested as he finished the last reroute patch and was rewarded with the lift rumbling to life.

“Actually, yes he would.” McCoy answered glumly.

“We have a heartbeat!” Scotty exclaimed as the lift approached.

“Luke! Time to go!” Kirk called up.

“On the way.”

Luke watched the temperature soar on the warning gauges. There was just enough for one more volley. He watched a cluster of troops approaching quickly through a thicket of trees under cover of heavy fire. He pressed the trigger and the cannon kicked again. The energy beam tore up along the earth towards the phalanx of troops and ripped into them. They screamed as they fell to the lashing beam.

Luke dropped the cannon as smoke sputtered from the power generator and fires began to spring up along the conduits and wires. He scooped up his pain pike and leapt down to the group below as the armored doors to the lift slid open.

He stepped up to Leia who quickly threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

“Luke! You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to see you, talk to you like this.”

Luke smiled warmly as he ran a hand along her cheek. Noting her emerald skin and bikini he smiled wryly.

“That’s a new look for you.” He smirked.

“It’s been awhile.” She replied with a nervous laugh.

“Leia, it’s been too long, I’ve been walking in the shadows all this time but your faith in me helped me come back.”

Leia shook her head, tears welling in her eyes.

“I crossed galaxies to save you and I feel like I didn’t do enough.” She protested.

“No, you did more than anyone, Leia. You believed in me when not even I did.” Luke explained holding her close to his chest. Mara stared at Leia’s back with a cold glare.

“Let’s go people! Move like we’ve got a purpose!” Kirk shouted and the group began falling back into the lift firing their weapons. Worf stopped to stand by Kirk, firing his disruptor rifle with gusto.

“Captain Kirk I apologize.”

“May I ask for what Chancellor?” Kirk asked with a boyish grin.

“You promised a battle and you have delivered one worthy of the sagas.”

“You need to apologize for that?”

Worf looked over at Kirk.

“I did not believe you could deliver one.” Worf answered simply.

“Oh. Well then apology accepted.” A disruptor bolt exploded over their heads. “But let’s say we join the others before we’re sung about posthumously. Besides, I could use you for the coming battle below.”

“Like Kahless descending into the underworld…I was born for this Captain and you have helped me realize this dream. When this is over, we will drink a barrel of blood wine and I will welcome you as a brother in my empire.”

They fell back into the lift. Chewbacca was happily hugging and hefting Luke off his feet. Luke laughed and rubbed Chewbacca under his chin.

The doors rumbled close. Kirk looked over at Worf.

“I never thought I would be welcomed in the Klingon Empire, Chancellor. Thank you.”

“Is everyone ready?” Luke asked sharply.

“What’s the problem now?” McCoy asked.

“What’s waiting for us on the other side of that door is not going to be easy at all.” Luke explained.

“After fighting our way through that mess upstairs what else does he have to throw at us?” Sulu asked.

“You really are a glutton for punishment Sulu.” McCoy grimaced.

“I am reading massive life form readings captain.” Spock cautioned as he checked his tricorder.

Kirk sighed.

“It never rains but it pours.”
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

FIRST POST!!!
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Wow Great chapter!

keep up tthe good work!

Only by one second!
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

This is probably the closest I'll ever get to a first post.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Post by desertjedi »

ohmygodohmygodohmygod....

WOO HOO!!! Great chapter Stravo, you truely are a weaver of great stories.
It startled him even more when just after he was awarded the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness he got lynched by a rampaging mob of respectable physicists who had finally realized that the one thing they really couldn't stand was a smart ass. - The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

YES!!!! That was so fucking awsome.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Awesome chapter.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Awesome chapter.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Always good to read another chapter. Good work, Stravo!
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Very Good Stravo :D

>wants more<
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Stravo wrote:

Imperial Stardestroyer Adjudicator
.”
?? I thought it would be Devistator?
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

*pours water on shirt* STRAVO!!! YOU'RE SO SEXAY!!! :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Stuart Mackey wrote:
Stravo wrote:

Imperial Stardestroyer Adjudicator
.”
?? I thought it would be Devistator?
Ah...you forget there are two seperate rescue missions for Nemesis. The Adjudicator and the Devastator. Vader hasn't shown up yet. :twisted:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Indeed, it was a good chapter, but to be fair, I really want AvPvTvRvVvN.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Darth Phoenix
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Phoenix »

WOW
That was excelent

Want more... 8)
-...and the entire room goes silent when one of the stormtroopers points to a stain in Darth Vaders cape. -

There is no peace, there is Anger;
There is no fear, there is Power.
There is no death, there is immortality;
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

“It never rains but it pours.”

That sounds familiar.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama