Fahrenheit 9/11 discussion (spoilers)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Hamel wrote:If Arthur Dent or some RW looney from whereever asks how you know Bush is really stupid, bitchslap the stupid son of a bitch and use the grade school reading session as THE definitive evidence of such.
Would you rather have him scream OMG! OMG! America is under attack, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEE! in front of a class full of kids?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

fgalkin wrote:
Hamel wrote:If Arthur Dent or some RW looney from whereever asks how you know Bush is really stupid, bitchslap the stupid son of a bitch and use the grade school reading session as THE definitive evidence of such.
Would you rather have him scream OMG! OMG! America is under attack, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEE! in front of a class full of kids?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
My god you can't be so retarded. I would rather have him tell them that he has to leave immediately. So what if he inconveniences a few kids. His nation was just attacked.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

fgalkin wrote:Would you rather have him scream OMG! OMG! America is under attack, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEE! in front of a class full of kids?
I'd have preferred if he calmly excused himself and walked out of the room with the man who notified him so he could be immediately briefed and put in touch with the military.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Hamel wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
My god you can't be so retarded. I would rather have him tell them that he has to leave immediately. So what if he inconveniences a few kids. His nation was just attacked.
Yes, start a panic on TV. That's a great idea. What was he supposed to do? Nobody had any idea what was going on. By appearing calm, Bush had given his people time to find out what happened,

I Know Bush is the worst president since Nixon, and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, either, but you're making no sense whatsoever.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

fgalkin wrote: Yes, start a panic on TV. That's a great idea. What was he supposed to do? Nobody had any idea what was going on. By appearing calm, Bush had given his people time to find out what happened,

I Know Bush is the worst president since Nixon, and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, either, but you're making no sense whatsoever.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'd just like to point out that the press wasn't recording that event besides the video camera that the teacher had setup. Moore got the footage directly from her aparently.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

fgalkin wrote: Yes, start a panic on TV. That's a great idea. What was he supposed to do? Nobody had any idea what was going on. By appearing calm, Bush had given his people time to find out what happened,
Two planes into the WTC. Not a coincidence. You don't dick around when one of the epicenters of the nation's commerce activity gets rammed by two aircraft. I'm sure that thousands of security personel got fucking moving as soon as this happened, but not Bush, because he doesn't want to "start a panic" :roll:

And are you sure that Bush's little session with the kids was televised live?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Says the guy who presented to me some false dillema bullshit.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Kernel wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'd just like to point out that the press wasn't recording that event besides the video camera that the teacher had setup. Moore got the footage directly from her aparently.
Oh, ok. Still, my point stands: there was nothing he could do until he knew more. He could wait for information in the classroom, or elsewhere, it wouldn't have made a difference. Except that if he'd left, he'd start a panic.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Hamel wrote:
Two planes into the WTC. Not a coincidence. You don't dick around when one of the epicenters of the nation's commerce activity gets rammed by two aircraft. I'm sure that thousands of security personel got fucking moving as soon as this happened, but not Bush, because he doesn't want to "start a panic" :roll:
Moving where? Even in NYC, nobody had any clue what was going on for a while. The first thing people thought was "OMG, a plane hit the WTC", not "somebody had just flown in an airplane into the WTC" It had taken time for the people to make that connection.
And are you sure that Bush's little session with the kids was televised live?
As Kernel pointed out, it was not. My mistake.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Says the guy who presented to me some false dillema bullshit.
Really? Breaking off from a pre-planned routine was pretty much saying "something's wrong" You don't do that until you know what's wrong.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

Montcalm wrote:Something funny i heard about how he went to some congressmen,and other politicians and asked them to sign their kids for military service and go to warzones,and they were not interested which makes it interesting they don't mind American kids dying in combat as long as its not one of their kids. :?
I thought that was quite pointless, they can't sign up their kids, the kids have to make the choice for themselves. If they were drafting, then he would have made a point, as it is, he just looks stupid.