Black and White II

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Black and White II

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

http://www.planetblackandwhite.com/blac ... 2/preview/
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/bla ... views.html

Black and white2. The next installment is going to be stronger in terms of camera controll and ease of use. What do you think.

I also think this version is more hevily focused on armies of the people.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I made the mistake of buying the original. Don't think I wan to make that mistake a second time.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Vympel wrote:I made the mistake of buying the original. Don't think I wan to make that mistake a second time.
Yeah, B&W was entertaining for a few hours, but I really got bored of it quick... it's going to take a lot for me to buy the sequel.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I think the sequel looks bitchin' to tell the truth, especially with your massive creature fighting alongside armies and commanding them himself, with all these little sticks and stuff stuck in him.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

Well, Syndicate is the only Molyneux game that I like, so I won't hold my breath because of this either.
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Black & White is nothing but Tamagotchi with better graphics.

I too bought the original game (got all hyped up on the previews) and I gonna wait 'till I get some first hand info on BW2 before even getting close to it.
McNum
Padawan Learner

Post by McNum »

Better camera control? The first one had a very good camera. This one is going to improve on that? That sounds impressive.

But I'd agree that whle B&W was pretty (for its time) and the Creature was impressive it was just not enough of a game to be fun.
I'm the Randomly Chosen One!
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

B&W2 better be like 'a semi-sequel to Populous' that the first game had been promised as. The creature was too stupid and independent (either that or too dependant) and your followers were needy and boring and had no usefulness other than for creating mana. They revealed almost nothing about the gameplay untill the game was released (especially about controlling the creature), and then we discovered it was just a virtual pet game.
By His Word...
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Utsanomiko wrote:B&W2 better be like 'a semi-sequel to Populous' that the first game had been promised as. The creature was too stupid and independent (either that or too dependant) and your followers were needy and boring and had no usefulness other than for creating mana.
I really tried to be a good God in that game. Really, I've put in an honest effort. I catered to the needs of the ungrateful whelps, I had them dance joyfully, frolick and be happy.

But after that, it turned out that it was much easier to just sacrifice children for mana than trying to satisfy the obnoxious, dumb and insolent pricks who called themselves "believers" :twisted:
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

They gave really bad support for black and white, I won't ever buy another game made by lionhead studios, better spend my limited funds on other things.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Saberslash
Youngling

Post by Saberslash »

I could never get B&W to run on my computer... It looked cool on my friends computer though. I might get 2...
Big Bang----------first life-form-------Neanderthals---Birth of Jesus---Today
...................................................^
..........................................You're here
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Saberslash wrote:I could never get B&W to run on my computer... It looked cool on my friends computer though. I might get 2...
Depending on why you couldn't get it to run, and if they use the same copy protection scheme on 2 you still might not be able to run it.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Oh yeah, Black & White was so great, you got to adopt your beast and, um, make it crap on trees and spend hours trying to make them stop throwing the villagers into the town centre and start picking up from the fields... then you had to tie them to a rock or make them run in circles in some empty map for hours while you went away to work or something, so that when you got back your creature had grown a millimeter.

Great stuff.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Truer words were never spoken? And who can forget the tedious, hard to do hand spells?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

it was basicly a very, very simple 3D program with a couple of preset objects to manipulate.
boring.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

Vympel wrote:Truer words were never spoken? And who can forget the tedious, hard to do hand spells?
And having the ability to beat the pet so severely that it was crippled for life......
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken