Adonis participants, your attention please!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

put me into group 2. I think that sean said that he started working out when he was 14 not that that was a picture of him when he was 14. Not sure though and I don't want to shift through the pages looking for his pictures.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Ugh... damn handsome strapping fellows in group two - chances of victory defeated once more! Grrrr... curse you, Durandal, Ver et al. Curse you I say!
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

The_Lumberjack wrote:Ugh... damn handsome strapping fellows in group two - chances of victory defeated once more! Grrrr... curse you, Durandal, Ver et al. Curse you I say!
roflmao.. :twisted:
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

verilon wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Dalton wrote:Nitram, have you considered eating food?
But that would deny me the superpower of being able to fit down shower drains.
Yes, Pennywise. :P
They flooaaat down here. They all Flooooaaaaat
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

doubt this affects my grouping, but technically i would be starting University in september, if i was going this year.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I am 44 days into group 3. Boy do I feel old.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Wicked Pilot wrote:I am 44 days into group 3. Boy do I feel old.
Oh shut up.

And in the middle of my evil machinations (no Durandal, no verilon in my group..) somehow I forgot about aerius. Bullocks. It's not fair, I want to win.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Colonel Olrik wrote:Oh shut up.

And in the middle of my evil machinations (no Durandal, no verilon in my group..) somehow I forgot about aerius. Bullocks. It's not fair, I want to win.
Same here, I thought I was in the clear and then I see Olrik's in my group, damnit. I tell you, this contest is rigged!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:My camera died before I could take a good pic... I despise pics 1-3. Oh well. Here's one more last-minute picture. Add that head (minus the messy didn't-comb-after-shower hair) to picture 4 and you have me as I am now. Ignore the ooooold pics 1-3.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/OneGnomeFrito/adonis5.png
Two words: Haircut. Now.

Damned scruffy kid. :D :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I suppose that technically I should be in group 2, since I turned 18 earlier this month. But that pic was taken when I was still jailbait, so it's really up to you, Z.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

oh yeah, im definately group 2, i've been 18 for months :oops:
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Zac Naloen wrote:oh yeah, im definately group 2, i've been 18 for months :oops:
AND MY CHANCES OF WINNING JUST INCREASED! WHOOOT! *dances*

:P
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

but yeh, if i stay in group one, i'll own it.

Group one for me it is!
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Zac Naloen wrote:but yeh, if i stay in group one, i'll own it.

Group one for me it is!
Hey now, let's not have any sandbagging in the contest mmmkay? :wink:
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

aerius wrote:
Zaia wrote:
2000AD wrote:I just had to be up against the defending champion didn't I !

Come on Eyebrow, don't fail me now!
Er? There is no defending champion. This is the first Adonis awards ever!
I think he meant the "hunk of man-meat" awards, and I believe all the top finishers in that contest are in his age group.
Bingo.

At least this time i've got a proper posing pic.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Zac Naloen wrote:oh yeah, im definately group 2, i've been 18 for months :oops:
*Looks* Damn, I need to be moved to Z, I'm 18... ya know, I AM in the Brotherhood... *grumble*
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ok, put in Gil's and Mitth's pic, moved AP to his group...but haven't moved any of the 18-year-olds yet. I think I might move Nit into group two (where he really should be) first. Plus we have to find shroomy and see if he can get us a pic that worksesssses...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Thanks for shuffling my pics Zaia :-)

Uhm, seeing as Group 2 is what most people seem to fit in, maybe it should be divided into two sub-groups? The winner of each sub-group could face off to find the winner of group 2. That way Zac and Cyran could be moved into group 2, helping my plans of world domina--winning this contest, and things would still be all even-like. :P
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Hey, Zaia--

Group 2 is where I'd fit, I reckon... 19 goin' on 20, will be in second year of college come August.

Guess I probably won't get it... too many other handsome fellas... but at least I've got the best prop! 8) One donated to the WMD account, no less...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Elheru Aran wrote:Hey, Zaia--

Group 2 is where I'd fit, I reckon... 19 goin' on 20, will be in second year of college come August.

Guess I probably won't get it... too many other handsome fellas... but at least I've got the best prop! 8) One donated to the WMD account, no less...
Consider yourself slotted!

Ok, only waiting on SQ...and as for seanrobertson, I just know that when I was organizing pics and stuff in SoS, Debi said, "Can you believe he was only 14 when those pics were taken?" So maybe she got it mixed up somehow? Don't know. *shrugs* Sean, if you're out there, how old are you, please? :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I shifted through the pages and he says that he was 14 in the first one which which suprises me very much considering that said that he had only been lifting for a few months at that point and the second one he's 23 on the picture on the right and 24 on the picture on the left.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Thanks for looking that stuff up, AP. So....what to do with him, then? And does anyone know how old SQ is?
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Zaia wrote:Thanks for looking that stuff up, AP. So....what to do with him, then? And does anyone know how old SQ is?
SQ's above 18; just let him into the BotM not too long ago.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

aerius wrote:
Colonel Olrik wrote:Oh shut up.

Same here, I thought I was in the clear and then I see Olrik's in my group, damnit. I tell you, this contest is rigged!
Ah quit your bitchin, the only thing I'm going to win is a nomination for the 'Ugly Mug Club'. :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Knife wrote:Ah quit your bitchin, the only thing I'm going to win is a nomination for the 'Ugly Mug Club'. :P
If it makes you feel any better, should I ever be involved in a bar fight, you look like the kinda guy I'd want by my side.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.