Custom Transformers squad profile art

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Custom Transformers squad profile art

Post by Utsanomiko »

I figured I'd post about this in A&P now that is' been in Cybertron for almost a month and on Seibertron.com for a few days.

Anydangway, I developed my own team of Transformers, the Rodimus Maximus Squad, initially for the Seibertron.com game Heavy Metal Wars. Once I thought up some detailed background info on them, I decided to write up some detailed bios and custom art and finally create a page with all the profiles for the squad.

Rodimus Maximus Squad Page

The profiles contain short information on bios, alt modes, and weapons, with images for all weapons and modes for each Transformer. The images' proportions and designs are a bit of a compromise between a clunky 'action figure' design and a more streamlined 'cartoon/comic' design, which gives me a bit of leeway depending on which direction I want to take them for future use (either creating custom figures or getting them drawn in the style of the G1 TV show). So it's more like a crude version of the art from the old instruction manuals, I guess.

That's about it for now, though I've considered adding intended tech specs (not HMW stats) and maybe a timeline of the squad's service (I'll have to research some things like the Great Shutdown, the end of the war, and how the hell G2 fits in). I haven't exactly decided what I'm going to do with all this, actually. I'd love to do a series of comics set in the early '90s, but I certainly couldn't draw it myself, and fanfiction just isn't my style. So I'll have to wait and see whilst I finish brainstorming the squad's post-war fate (of which I've done a lot of finalization of story and setting and completed some artwork, which I must admit is inherently superior in detail and complexity).

Seibertron.com Thread
By His Word...
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

And no, for the record I'm not simply looking for all-positive, "oh it's great I like it nothing to improve good job" unconstructive gobbely-goop comments. Just want to know what people think (because I know a bunch of people have seen them. Yes you, you know who you are).
By His Word...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I'd buy action figures of them.

I don't think I told you that before. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I'd buy action figures of them.

I don't think I told you that before. :P
No, you had not. Probably because I said I would buy figures of them first. :P
By His Word...
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

A female robot with a whip? :?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

VF5SS wrote:A female robot with a whip? :?
And Swordchucks, yo. :P
By His Word...
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Oh yeah, we all know how effective female ninja robots are in Transformers. =D
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

VF5SS wrote:Oh yeah, we all know how effective female ninja robots are in Transformers. =D
Bah, that was a 1980s human-built robot, she's got nuttin' on my Cybertronian saboteur (not a ninja =P). The only decent robot humans built in the '80s was Petster the Robot Cat. :P

Is her profile the only one you read, or are you expressing some kind of bizzare fixation? :P
By His Word...
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Utsanomiko wrote: Is her profile the only one you read, or are you expressing some kind of bizzare fixation? :P
She is no match for Shela, who is a precious flower. Seriously though, your saboteur kinda stands out against a relatively serious set of operatives. I mean come on man, swordchucks and a whip against robots? => You gotta go with shurikens man, those are robots killers (if Shinobi teaches us anything).

Kudos for using a Delorean. You don't see enough of those.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。