AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

AnimeJet wrote:Uh.. most of the time i crop images, either that i drew or from anime. This one was something i drew and a purple pictures. If you're using Internet Explorer, read my sig and you'll see the thing i drew XD
Holy shit that's freaky!! K3\/\/|_!!!!!!111 0_0
Image Image
IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

Post by IndustrialNoise »

Zac Naloen wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Zac Naloen wrote:I just crop and resize pics from the net, who cares if im breaking copyright laws, eh?
Kewl, I had a |\|I|/| avatar once. I put a Quake sigil on it...
heh, im in love with NIN atm, just thought i'd may aswell show it off
Here's a cool one I use on another board

I find mine on random places on the net, usually. My current one is Anna Valerious from Van Helsing.
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

I created mine from scratch in Photoshop.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I got my avatar from a TMWRNJ site ages ago, and I can't find it anywhere in google, so it's fairly unique (though there are other tco images) It was a fairly basic crop/resize issue, with the occasional photoshopping of different details for xmas and halloween and stuff. The haloween one was the best, i photoshopped in a smiling pumpkin.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Ravenwing
Padawan Learner

Post by Ravenwing »

found mine one day while doing a search for FF pics
Image"Iv got little devils running round the place eating socks and pencils, earlier tonight we sobered up someone who thinks hes a god of hangovers and half my wizards are trying to cheer up the cheerful fairy." -Terry pratchett, the hogfather
Nom
Redshirt

Post by Nom »

Did my avatar from photo I took same with my sig. Both are cropped and edited to some extent.
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

I usually crop/resize my avatars. To prevent this from being an blatant +1, and my orginal reason for posting , I'll also point out IIRC the exact size limit is 6154 bytes or something, which only gives me trouble with I'm trying something largish and animated, or PNGs with lots of colors or 8-bit transparencies.
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Avatars

Post by Knife »

Equinox2003 wrote:I like the avatars most people have here, my issue is, I do not know how
to get my own. How and where did you guys get yours?
What the hell is an avatar? :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Cyborg Stan wrote:I usually crop/resize my avatars. To prevent this from being an blatant +1, and my orginal reason for posting , I'll also point out IIRC the exact size limit is 6154 bytes or something, which only gives me trouble with I'm trying something largish and animated, or PNGs with lots of colors or 8-bit transparencies.
That was an extremely good job at avoiding a +1 :)

I just use GIFs.

Speaking of the 6kb size limit, would a boost to a 10kb by 125px2 limit be reasonable?
Image Image
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

No size change. please. I don't want to redo all of mine like I had to do last time...

Mine are just pictures that I find online or from my character art folders, cropped and resized. I currently have 162 in total.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"