Are there any photographs of the Tsar Bomba explosion?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Are there any photographs of the Tsar Bomba explosion?

Post by Hamel »

Yes, I googled it and didn't find any.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

If there are, which I doubt, they would not be public. Soviet atomic tests were not exactly tourist spectacles.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i've searched quite a bit, and i haven't found it yet. Pictures of the bomb, yes, but not of the blast.

lby the way, look at the pretty bomb:

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

There's a video of the blast floating around somewhere.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Shinova wrote:There's a video of the blast floating around somewhere.
In the Secrets of War dvd, I think. Deee~ this picture was linked at geek.com but someone said it wasn't the real deal.

"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Go to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ and search for Most powerful nuclear explosion

They use frames, so I can't direct link to the pic (not easily anyway).
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

YT300000 wrote:Go to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ and search for Most powerful nuclear explosion

That most definately isn't it. Tsar Bomba's blast was visible at hundreds of miles from ground zero.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Hamel wrote:
YT300000 wrote:Go to http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ and search for Most powerful nuclear explosion

That most definately isn't it. Tsar Bomba's blast was visible at hundreds of miles from ground zero.
That pic might have been from the beginning of the blast. GWR is pretty damned accurate.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

YT300000 wrote:
Hamel wrote:

That pic might have been from the beginning of the blast. GWR is pretty damned accurate.
They probably used a photo from another test as a placeholder. I'm almost positive I've seen that on the former fas.org, which didn't have a shot of Tsar Bomba going boomboom