ADONIS POLLS: GROUP THREE B

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Who gets your vote for Group Three B?

Lagmonster
7%
Mr Flibble
11%
Olrik
19%
pellaeons_scion
4%
seanrobertson
11%
Slartibartfast
2%
The Third Man
No votes
TrailerParkJawa
31%
Wicked Pilot
7%
Papa Smurf (I suck and refuse to vote for real.)
7%

Total votes: 54

Zaia
Inamorata

ADONIS POLLS: GROUP THREE B

Post by Zaia »

Gotta vote, gotta vote, gotta vote, vote, vote!

Group Three B, Ages 22-147
Lagmonster: Lag!
Mr Flibble: Mr Flibble
Olrik: Olrik
pellaeons_scion: PS1, PS2
seanrobertson: sean1, sean2
Slartibartfast: Slarti
The Third Man (on the left): The Third Man1, The Third Man2
TrailerParkJawa: TPJ1&2
Wicked Pilot: WP
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Can I vote for more than one guy? Please don't make me choose between Olrik and TPJ, I can't bring myself to do it!
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

jmac wrote:Can I vote for more than one guy? Please don't make me choose between Olrik and TPJ, I can't bring myself to do it!
No, I can't! Ees too sexy! :D

Sorry, just one gets the votes. But feel better in knowing that you get to vote again in the finals. ;-)
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

seanrobertson.

Second and third place is quite a bit more difficult here, but Olrick, TPJawa, and Slartibartfast are all rating. :wink:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Papa Smurf gets it. The only person I even know fairly well in here (my sole criteria for actually handing out a vote) is Wicked Pilot. Sadly, he is both a Zoomie (Sir!) and his picture is...horrifying. So, Papa Smurf it is.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

my vote goes to Jawa
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I'm afraid sean would beat the shit out of me, and Olrik and Slobby need to master the art of not pulling their shorts up to their navels, it looks silly.

So I voted TPJ.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I shall vote for my fellow mountain biker.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

heh, TPJ is just flat out sexy. He gives Durandal a run for his money.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

*votes for the Charlie Sheen lookalike*

You know who I mean. And if you forgot, shame on you! :P
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

THREE people voted for Papa Smurf! Get out of my thread, damn you! Out out OUT! :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zaia wrote:THREE people voted for Papa Smurf! Get out of my thread, damn you! Out out OUT! :P
Two of those were me. One (this) for reasons stated above. The other, well, go look in 3A. Though I already told you on AIM about it. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

For shame...the pansy vote, RI?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Mr Flibble
Psychic Penguin

Post by Mr Flibble »

Kuja wrote:*votes for the Charlie Sheen lookalike*

You know who I mean. And if you forgot, shame on you! :P
Thanks.

I voted for my fellow South Aussie pellaeons_scion.
Sinc I couldn't bring myself to vote for myself.

Hmm... *ponders who gave me my second vote...*
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

....n...o...o...o...o...I've...g...o...t...Laaaaaaaagggg...

(Lagmonster +1)
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

TrailerParkJawa is the winnah!
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Robert Treder wrote:TrailerParkJawa is the winnah!
It ain't over yet, bub. ;)

Hell, I was tempted to vote for him. When you get past thirty, keeping yourself in any sort of good shape takes a lot more hard work than you've probably been used to up to that point.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Lagmonster wrote:
Robert Treder wrote:TrailerParkJawa is the winnah!
It ain't over yet, bub. ;)

Hell, I was tempted to vote for him. When you get past thirty, keeping yourself in any sort of good shape takes a lot more hard work than you've probably been used to up to that point.
I know so many people above thirty that outperform me in cycling/running or hiking.. in fact, most of them who have always been sportive either do (more experience and endurance) or are at least of my level. That's probably more true for people who were never active. Until your twenties, your body tends to be naturally fit, afterwards is what you've made of it.

.. on the other hand, I had a shock recently when my fitness test put me in the second age group level.. for people above 24. Max VO2 (I think that's the name) diminishes with age :cry:
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Colonel Olrik wrote:I know so many people above thirty that outperform me in cycling/running or hiking.. in fact, most of them who have always been sportive either do (more experience and endurance) or are at least of my level.
No surprise - if you've always been active, you'll make the transition easier. I was very active up until my mid-twenties, then being married and having a career kicked in and suddenly I didn't have the urge to get out and keep fit anymore, which is why I look like *I* do above, and not like *you* do above. ;)
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

Post by IndustrialNoise »

Voted for TPJ, but it was close between him and Olrik...
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Decisions decisions......... TPJ gets it, and my vote. :P
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Woo! One more vote puts me in a tie for third! :lol:
Mr Flibble
Psychic Penguin

Post by Mr Flibble »

5 votes!! :oops:

wow, I never thought I would be so close to Olrik.

Thanks to those who have voted for me.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

RogueIce wrote:The only person I even know fairly well in here (my sole criteria for actually handing out a vote) is Wicked Pilot. Sadly, he is both a Zoomie (Sir!) and his picture is...horrifying.
I prefer the term 'ruggedly handsome'.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Colonel Olrik wrote:I know so many people above thirty that outperform me in cycling/running or hiking.. in fact, most of them who have always been sportive either do (more experience and endurance) or are at least of my level. That's probably more true for people who were never active. Until your twenties, your body tends to be naturally fit, afterwards is what you've made of it.

.. on the other hand, I had a shock recently when my fitness test put me in the second age group level.. for people above 24. Max VO2 (I think that's the name) diminishes with age :cry:
Most people can get away with not exercising until they're about 21-23 and still have a decent level of fitness, after that the body stops growing and you have to work to stay in shape.

Another interesting thing is this, even though VO2 max starts declining starting around your mid-20's, your performance in endurance sports peaks in your 30's. If you look at the ages of winners of marathons, ironman triathlons, cycling races and so forth, you'll see a standard distribution curve centered around 28-35 years of age depending on the sport.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P