Oldstyle DOOM Mods

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Oldstyle DOOM Mods

Post by Lord Poe »

I used to make a lot of DOOM character Mods way back when. Here's a few screenshots of my stuff.

First, we have Boba Fett replacing the chaingun guy:

Then I made a Gene Simmons to replace the Imps:

I also made an O.J. Cacodemon. It was an idea cribbed from the old Bill Clinton Cacodemon:

I also made a Howard Stern Cacodemon with an even gorier death, and a Darth Vader Revenant who would beat you over the head with his lightsaber, and would THROW his lightsaber at you! I can't find these screenshots right now, though.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

and your DOOM 3 mods will be ready when? :P
may we request Michael Moore and Sean Hannity mods?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I once made what I think is the hardest Doom mod ever intended to be playable. For starters, I turned all the little blue health vials into Lost Souls who couldn't fly but could move along the ground--and they were invisible. And instead of flying into you, they exploded.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Col. Crackpot wrote:and your DOOM 3 mods will be ready when? :P
may we request Michael Moore and Sean Hannity mods?
I think the DOOM 3 stuff would he way beyond my 1996 Mad Hax0r skills!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

RedImperator wrote:I once made what I think is the hardest Doom mod ever intended to be playable. For starters, I turned all the little blue health vials into Lost Souls who couldn't fly but could move along the ground--and they were invisible. And instead of flying into you, they exploded.
The funniest one I've ever heard for multiplayer was someone using a box of shotgun shells for their "avatar" , then blowing people away as they tried to grab the ammo!

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Aw man, this really takes me back, reminds me of the severely excellent duke3d levels i made with BUILD, ahh, modders were hardcore back then. :P

There was a severely cool AvPvT mod for doom that was really well done. The predators were essentially Revenants that could cloak, when they cloaked they shot blue plasma caster type things, and when they decloaked they threw a homing disc. Amazing times....
The funniest one I've ever heard for multiplayer was someone using a box of shotgun shells for their "avatar" , then blowing people away as they tried to grab the ammo!
:lol: Reminds me of that fuck on quake 2 that had a single pixel as his skin, the rest was transparent.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

RedImperator wrote:I once made what I think is the hardest Doom mod ever intended to be playable. For starters, I turned all the little blue health vials into Lost Souls who couldn't fly but could move along the ground--and they were invisible. And instead of flying into you, they exploded.
Could they do stairs?
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Post by Kintaro »

Howedar wrote:
Could they do stairs?
The DooM engine allowed all monsters to walk up stairs, so yes they could.

The funniest mod I made turned the imps' fireballs into spider masterminds, and replaced the BFG shot with a cyber-demon that immediately fired at yourself. Man, those made some odd death-matchs. :lol:
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Dehacked patches are are fun~

Spider mastermind with rapid fire rockets and green plasma~

Repeat the last few frames of the arch vile's attack so he's constantly launching you into the air~

Spectre cyberdemon with 1 unit of mass and 200 speed, firing lost souls who spawn more lost souls when they blow up~
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

oh i have a Bin Laden skin for Unreal Tournament
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
GoldenFalcon
Jedi Knight
Location: Busy practicing with a bokken, come near me and I'll whack you with it.

Post by GoldenFalcon »

Rye wrote: :lol: Reminds me of that fuck on quake 2 that had a single pixel as his skin, the rest was transparent.
That could've been me. :P
Babylon 5: In the Beginning quote:

General Lefcourt: "My people can handle themselves. We took care of the Dilgar. We can take care of the Minbari."
Londo Mollari: "Ahh, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you."

Coming soon: Firebird Productions