tau in the star trek

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

According to For the Emperor, a Kroot can go one-on-one with an orc. Hell yeah, my money's on the kroot.
JADAFETWA
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Kuja wrote:According to For the Emperor, a Kroot can go one-on-one with an orc. Hell yeah, my money's on the kroot.
Plus they have that whole bite-someone-and-get-his-memmories thing.

So the Kroot will kill the Klingon, take a bite and then "Maltz, chewy chew!" (or whatever the hell it was Kirk said). Result: Kroot-owned Bird of Prey.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote: Plus they have that whole bite-someone-and-get-his-memmories thing.

So the Kroot will kill the Klingon, take a bite and then "Maltz, chewy chew!" (or whatever the hell it was Kirk said). Result: Kroot-owned Bird of Prey.
That's space marines. AFAIK Kroot only get the DNA of their victims, and mutate into something similar if the saper orders them to.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

They add the eaten genetics to their own. Its the reason for Krootoxes and Kroothounds, hell, the Kroot themselves.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:Result: Kroot-owned Bird of Prey.
That would be cool. I'd love to see the savage sophisticates in charge of a BOP :D
JADAFETWA
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

*chuckle* Kroot boarding DS9 like the klingons did would be cool...... *L* like to see the Feddies try to stop that specially if a few Crisis suits are used for back up.

Siege of AR588 becomes a reall joke specially if the Tau boxed bttleforce is used as a guide to there formations....Tau defense force would be three crisis suits 10 gun drones 12 Kroot and 12 fire warriors.

3 burst cannons and missles makes that choke point a suicide run.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

NecronLord wrote:
Bob the Gunslinger wrote: Plus they have that whole bite-someone-and-get-his-memmories thing.

That's space marines. AFAIK Kroot only get the DNA of their victims, and mutate into something similar if the saper orders them to.
Hence the Kroot have Orkish technology, because the Orks have genetic memory.

So unless the Klingons are nice enough to encode their tech in their genetics :lol:
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

*chuckle* Kroot boarding DS9 like the klingons did would be cool...... *L* like to see the Feddies try to stop that specially if a few Crisis suits are used for back up.

Siege of AR588 becomes a real joke specially if the Tau boxed battleforce is used as a guide to there formations....Tau defense force would be three crisis suits 10 gun drones 12 Kroot and 12 fire warriors.

3 burst cannons and missles makes that choke point a suicide run.
Well, in the Siege, there started off with 150 men, so maybe a full Tau Crisis team.

HQ unit
Tau Commander in Crisis suit w/ 2 drones
2 body guards, each in Crisis suits

Elites
3 stealth troops

Troops:
2 squads of 10 Fire warriors each, with APC for each squad

Fast Attack:
2 sets of 10 Pathfinders with APC each

Heavy Support:
2 grav tanks
3 Broadside battlesuits(big railgun over the shoulders)

Roughly 60 personnel instead of the Fed 150, but the extra space needed for the equipment makes up for it.

I put the Fire warriors into APCs also, so the whole army (except the Broadsides) can rapidly move around to scout or harass. If you chase the scouts, th Broasides are hammering you. If you go after the Boradsides, the Fire warrior teams would be covering them.

Even better, by having the ability to put all my units inside armor, I can use chemical weapons as last-resort weapons too.

Still, Broasides, in low pits to fire at chest height, would do a number on a charging horde of Jem'Hadar.

Hmm, given my need for maneuverbility, I might replace the Broadsides with this:

10 Tau Pathfinders with Railguns, with APC.

That gives me a lighter railgun, but far more maneuverable. As the Jem'hadar don't have any heavy armor, this could be a better choice.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Coalition wrote: Hmm, given my need for maneuverbility, I might replace the Broadsides with this:

10 Tau Pathfinders with Railguns, with APC.

That gives me a lighter railgun, but far more maneuverable. As the Jem'hadar don't have any heavy armor, this could be a better choice.
Personally i'd take the Broadsides. Smart Missles = better than rail rifles for anti-troop tasks.

And also Codex:Tau states that the typical Tau Hnter Cadre is on average slighty over 50 Tau.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Black Admiral
Jedi Council Member

Post by Black Admiral »

Just as a curiousity, what'd it take to do this:
Iron Hands, pages 163-164 wrote:The apocalypse beam cut through the roiling clouds circling above the ragged peaks, burning away the unnatural night that claimed dominion over the mountains in a searing blaze of light that was indeed like the light of apocalyptic oblivion.

The cannon's beam hit the mountainside with all the force of a crashing meteor. The mountain exploded, shards of rock the size of hive towers splintering away from the face of the target. The foothills of the Argentum range were buried by a tumultous landslide, sheets of rock pummeling down the mountainsides. Cataclysmic booms shook the spine of of the mountain range.

The beam continued to bore its way through the bedrock, into the planet, like a Mechanicus mining machine, the land for a radius of twenty kilometers suffering seismic disturbances violent enough to topple tall buildings. The very ground beneath the great Gehenna shook, so that barely a man was left standing on board that monumental vessel. It felt as if the recoil forces unleashed by the firing of the cannon were going to shake the wounded ordinatus apart.

A great gout of broiling lava vomited skywards as the apocalypse cannon's beam finally punctured a magma vent deep beneath the earth.
"I do not say the French cannot come. I only say they cannot come by sea." - Admiral Lord St. Vincent, Royal Navy, during the Napoleonic Wars

"Show me a general who has made no mistakes and you speak of a general who has seldom waged war." - Marshal Turenne, 1641
Bob the Gunslinger

That's a strong beam. Actually, it sounds a little like the Pred weapon in AVP...

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

hmmm you are allowed a third fast attack choice. Go with 6 to 12 gun drones.They can remain deployed if you need to launch a gas attack.

Are Foirewarrior suits sealed for NBC warfare?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Bob the Gunslinger

Typhonis 1 wrote:hmmm you are allowed a third fast attack choice. Go with 6 to 12 gun drones.They can remain deployed if you need to launch a gas attack.

Are Foirewarrior suits sealed for NBC warfare?
I think they are. I seem to recall that being implied in Firewarrior....but then again I thought he could smell dead bodies through his suit, too...

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:I think they are. I seem to recall that being implied in Firewarrior....but then again I thought he could smell dead bodies through his suit, too...
*checks*

Yep, he could smell stuff.
JADAFETWA
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:I think they are. I seem to recall that being implied in Firewarrior....but then again I thought he could smell dead bodies through his suit, too...
Space marine power armour includes olfactory sensors that allow the occupant to smell the air outside without breathing it. Take as you will.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth