Trying to draw an Uber-Anime-Maid

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Trying to draw an Uber-Anime-Maid

Post by AnimeJet »

Might be too big for in-line, so here http://keese.beamsboy.net/color/images/full/maid.jpg

I can't seem to get my art too look like those anime pics you find everywhere. I can still see my crappy style in that picture, arrgg.. but it's as far as i can get, i don't think i'll try doing that again.. just go with the flow.

Just thought you guys would like to see it or something.. any C&C would be nice too.
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Really nice.

The big thing I saw that didn't quite work was the eyes and the head. The eyes seemed a tad off center to the head, but the rest worked out well.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Only bad thing I notice is the head and eyes, like ghost said.

Maybe try moving the head slightly left, and work the eyes a bit.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

*blinks* That's really, really good.

What do you mean it doesn't look like anime you see everywhere? I would've thought that was professional if I hadn't already known it was yours...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Yeah. That's standard anime faire.
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Even though green is my favorite, you might want to put some more color variety in there.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

For one thing, the pic is perfectly fine size-wise to inline. I've even seen images much bigger than 100k and wider than 600 pixels posted in non A&P threads without much fuss (though they should post such things out of A&P, but that's another topic).

That said, the problem you and others are noticing stems from an improper alignment of facial features versus shape and orientation of the head, which makes the face lose depth and its direction ambiguous. I'm not an artist, but I can at least suggest you ought to brush up on studying proper feature alignment and head shapes.

Other than the figure's pose possibly being off balance (the torso seems to have an odd lean too far to the left), I'd say the rest of the drawing is excellent. The hair has really great flow, body and detail, the coloration & shading is done very well (the hair and background could be done in another hue for variety though), and the clothes really have good shape to them and convey proper materials.
By His Word...
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Her tits aren't nearly big enough for "standard anime fare".
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

The face, oh the face, arr. I wanted to make it seem it was slightly turned to the left, but i don't think i made the outline of that face pronounced enough in that way. Also the eyes are too big and nose/mouth too small, it seems. The torso may look off because the legs would put there after the picture was done... i didn't want people saying "omg no legs!".

Halfway through the picture, i thought "ok, too much green" and i changed the shade of some of it to make it bluer, i should have made a more complicated color scheme, but since i was working with a new style, i didn't want to make it too complicated. I'll have to keep this stuff in mind. Not that i'm ever doing this again :D
Anarchist Bunny wrote:Her tits aren't nearly big enough for "standard anime fare".
I saw that coming. Far, far away.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Jet, remember what I told you about the boobs? Well... Oh, I see someone beat me to that... Shit.
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

Superman wrote:Jet, remember what I told you about the boobs? Well... Oh, I see someone beat me to that... Shit.
Not like those aren't big enough already, should i draw a lingerie one to show? :lol:
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Yes. God yes.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

AnimeJet wrote: should i draw a lingerie one to show? :lol:
Yes please.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I second the breasts. They need to be a tad larger. Ever seen Amazing Nurse Nanako (sp?), thats what you need.
Kanye West Saves.

SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Heh, yeah the head looks like it's looking toward you, while her face is looking to your left. Aside from that, skimpy clothing and boobies.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I think you also need slightly thicker lines.
What's her bust size!?

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

She looks just fine to me except for the eyes. Don't listen to Shinova, incidentally-- your lines are just fine. I personally don't really go for the thick lines and all; I prefer being able to do more fine detail.

If I were you I'd keep it as it is except for the eyes-- maybe make 'em a bit smaller. Otherwise, she's good. Keep on keepin' on, babe! :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Eh, I meant SLIGHTLY thicker lines, not THICK lines. :wink:

But experiment and find what you like aj. Can we call you aj?
What's her bust size!?

Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Elements of the face look a little odd, but it doesn't really detract from the picture, and the rest is excellent. Though you seem to have left out the ridiculously huge breasts. :wink:
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

Very impressive. You are truly talented. There are only a few problems that I see. All you have to do is fix the eyes and the boobs.
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

My lines are usually pretty thick, but i saw other people that did this style use very thin lines, so i tried to copy it. Oh well, heh. I thougth her boobs were big enough, i mean, most humans don't have breasts that extend past their torso.

Yea yea, i'm such a sell-out. Proportions are off, but it's just a quickie so don't bother telling me what's wrong.
Shinova wrote:But experiment and find what you like aj. Can we call you aj?
Sure, why not. Everyone calls me AJ or sparky >.>
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Hmmm, love how you did the hair, the shading, and the clothes. Those are all great. As others have said the eyes are wierd. It looks as if someone punched her in the face hard enough to cause it to collapse some. :D And don't listen to the b00bie whiners. The breasts are a fine size.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Those boobies are good.
Looks like a good mascot for SDnet. :twisted:
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

She's got to cup the b00bees, then have some demented little chibi pervert spout the OMFG TEH BOOBEES line in the background.

:D
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

The bikini pic looks a lot better...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan