The Big One

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Can this thread be stickied?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

lukexcom
Padawan Learner
Location: Ah, Northern Virginia. The lone island of stability in an ocean of recession.

Post by lukexcom »

Ah, that was good. Can't wait for more.
-Luke
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
lukexcom
Padawan Learner
Location: Ah, Northern Virginia. The lone island of stability in an ocean of recession.

Post by lukexcom »

Sweet...now if only Starcrossed came out this often, then I'd be in heaven. :D :wink:
-Luke
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Well actually, in a certain way of looking at thing starcrossed does come out at a similiar pace. Sure, TBO updates much faster but SC has much longer chapters.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Intresting to say the least.

Anyway, since those Islamofascists have a hard time absorbing new technology, and can't mantain an active R and D, won't that mean that they becoming less powerful as the US, russia and the other guys get more powerful?
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Zor wrote:Intresting to say the least.

Anyway, since those Islamofascists have a hard time absorbing new technology, and can't mantain an active R and D, won't that mean that they becoming less powerful as the US, russia and the other guys get more powerful?
Pretty much, but until they forget how everything works they'll remain a real pain, and the insurgencies they can stir up in other countries will always be trouble. Sitting on all the oil of the Persian Gulf should also provide for a rather more then ample mercenary force.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Been reading it, extremelly well done.

Does Portugal still own all the African colonies? We've not been mentioned at all :( .. and we're supposed to own a sizeable and rich part of Africa, without communist backed rebellions and a generally more conservative world. We've also historically been pro-US and anti-Spain, I hope we weren't included in that mediterranic confederation of Spain and Italy. We're also supposed to be one of the (maybe the most?) wealthiest countries in this Europe, by the way :D
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Why am I in particular banned from this website? I've never even visited it before. Anyone else banned?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Why am I in particular banned from this website? I've never even visited it before. Anyone else banned?
Probably for the same reason there are some perfectly acceptable potential SD.net members who will never visit it--the mods had to block a very broad IP range to prevent a rather nasty and clever troll from returning or suchlike.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Ahhhhh crap. Are they available elsewhere?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Ahhhhh crap. Are they available elsewhere?
See if you can access it off of google's cache or archive.org or something.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Last edited by MKSheppard on 2004-08-17 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I was not aware that the H and J designations referred to Convair :D :P
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote:I was not aware that the H and J designations referred to Convair :D :P
Put space between the three pictures, bah!

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Mind sending me the original PSP images to my gmail account? I feel like making a scaled version of all the aircraft. (email address removed)
Last edited by phongn on 2004-08-19 12:07am, edited 1 time in total.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Poor Marisol.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

The Calliphate is now officially screwed.

Assuming that Clark doesn't mess it up....
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

I suspect Clark is about to suffer an unfortunate accident in the archives..... :P

Looks like things will be heating up , very quickly
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."