Marisol wants to play.....

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Marisol wants to play.....

Post by MKSheppard »

If you have to ask what this is from.....bah!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Jaded Masses
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaded Masses »

err.. wouldn't nose art be on the nose?

and off-topic (but big one related) I thought the B-58 was only a bomber\reconnaissance plane, but the crusade has it regularly shooting down other planes with missiles, whats the deal?
lukexcom
Padawan Learner
Location: Ah, Northern Virginia. The lone island of stability in an ocean of recession.

Post by lukexcom »

Jaded Masses wrote:err.. wouldn't nose art be on the nose?

and off-topic (but big one related) I thought the B-58 was only a bomber\reconnaissance plane, but the crusade has it regularly shooting down other planes with missiles, whats the deal?
I'd say probably because in the TBO timeline things are done a *tad* bit differently, i.e. the national air and missile defense system stays, the F-108 actually does go beyond the drawing board, Goblins get put into a few B-36s for the run on Germany (heck, the whole TBO event for that matter), different national policies and players in the government prevent McNamara from doing what he did in real life to the military, the mighty B-70 will give the world a terminal dose of 0wnage, etc.

I just can't get enough of the TBO stories. :D

Oh, and I kind of noticed just how much sleeker and sexier the B-58 looks without that clumsy-looking massive belly pod that would go underneath it. :)
-Luke
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I have to ask what this is from.
By His Word...
Jaded Masses
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaded Masses »

Utsanomiko wrote:I have to ask what this is from.
Look for "the big one" in fanfics, Alternate WW2 history fiction. The 1st one I couldn't get enough of, the 2nd was good but wasn't in the same league IMHO.

and @ lukexcom, I have no idea about most of the stuff you just said....
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Jaded Masses wrote: and @ lukexcom, I have no idea about most of the stuff you just said....
Haven't you been reading Crusade?
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
lukexcom
Padawan Learner
Location: Ah, Northern Virginia. The lone island of stability in an ocean of recession.

Post by lukexcom »

Hey, Shep, do you by any chance also have top, bottom, front, and rear drawings/pics of the Hustler? Because I have an idea... :)
-Luke
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

lukexcom wrote:Hey, Shep, do you by any chance also have top, bottom, front, and rear drawings/pics of the Hustler? Because I have an idea... :)
Gonna make a 3d Model?
Jaded Masses
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaded Masses »

darthdavid wrote:
Jaded Masses wrote: and @ lukexcom, I have no idea about most of the stuff you just said....
Haven't you been reading Crusade?
I read the first and second one, and that was a little while ago. I don't like waiting for fiction to be finished....
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Excellent, even with the USN's insanity inspired naming system that continues to be used in TBO.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Jaded Masses wrote:err.. wouldn't nose art be on the nose?

The role of the RB-58 is a bit different in the TBOverse than our timeline's B-58. Here it has to penetrate and destroy enemy air defenses so they gave it AAMs and such. In our timeline it was more of a "normal" nuclear bomber.
lukexcom wrote:Oh, and I kind of noticed just how much sleeker and sexier the B-58 looks without that clumsy-looking massive belly pod that would go underneath it. :)
They still have that pod, but yes, it does look nice without it. Oh, yes (ROT13'd Spoiler: Gur -S Fhcre Uhfgyre vf pbzvat).
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Excellent, even with the USN's insanity inspired naming system that continues to be used in TBO.
Bah, the old USN naming scheme rules!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

For Drakaverse.....