Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Stravo, if Tarsi doesn't make it out of this story alive I will find where you live... :D
I tried that already after Boba Fett died to that worm. Couldn't find him unfotunately.
As long there is gravity, ride on...
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

So has the Curse of Kirk hit Leia ? Or is this another <Wedge Antille's sister>* miraculous survival moment?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

So what's happened recently to Ochoa and those secondary characters?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Jadeite wrote:So what's happened recently to Ochoa and those secondary characters?
Which secondary characters? Stravo's got like... 100 of them running around doing different things.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

I know there's a lot, but there was that whole thing with Ochoa and Nemesis, I'm rereading through the entire story to refresh my mind about what other stuff there was.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

I find the numerous subplots to be like life. Things don't just follow the main plot if you get my drift. Don't worry all those subplots will be tied up in the end.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stravo wrote:I find the numerous subplots to be like life. Things don't just follow the main plot if you get my drift. Don't worry all those subplots will be tied up in the end.
If this story ever ends. I'm going to skim through the entire thing just to see if you managed to miss anything... :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Captain_Cyran wrote:If this story ever ends. I'm going to skim through the entire thing just to see if you managed to miss anything... :D
Yeah, for real. Did we touch on Boba Fett yet? Or was that 30-40 chapters ago? When the Emperor killed everyone? Wait--Borg...Q? Gary? POKEMON! AHHHHH!

:P

I'm just pulling your leg Stravo. Keep on tranglin' my main man.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Great surprise Stravo. And a great chapter too.

Have you decided to reduce the number of the main characters? (Rhetorical question :mrgreen: )
Anyway this story looks far from end to me. There seems to be so much to happen.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Stravo, you probably do each chapter as a separate document, so I'll just tell you anyway. At 9 point Verdana font, StarCrossed is 909 pages in Word. :shock: Looking into a publisher? (If it wasn't for the fact that LucasFilm would never approve it, I'd be asking that in all seriousness.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Rogue 9 wrote:Stravo, you probably do each chapter as a separate document, so I'll just tell you anyway. At 9 point Verdana font, StarCrossed is 909 pages in Word. :shock: Looking into a publisher? (If it wasn't for the fact that LucasFilm would never approve it, I'd be asking that in all seriousness.)
:shock: :shock:
Wow its gotten that long?

Its been awhile

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Mr Bean wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Stravo, you probably do each chapter as a separate document, so I'll just tell you anyway. At 9 point Verdana font, StarCrossed is 909 pages in Word. :shock: Looking into a publisher? (If it wasn't for the fact that LucasFilm would never approve it, I'd be asking that in all seriousness.)

Its been awhile
Yeah. It's that long. If published, by the time Stravo's done I'd venture to guess that he'd have to break it up into a trilogy. (Sadly, screwing with the movie canon timeline like that would never fly with Lucasfilm. They might allow it to be published as N-level canon, maybe.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Not to mention the fact that it would have to deal with Paramount regarding StarTrek franchise too.

[pride speech]
Guys, look how lucky we are. Here we are the ones able to read this magnificent fanfic. Well done, Stravo. We are proud of you!
[/proud speec]

:mrgreen:
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:

Its been awhile
Yeah. It's that long. If published, by the time Stravo's done I'd venture to guess that he'd have to break it up into a trilogy. (Sadly, screwing with the movie canon timeline like that would never fly with Lucasfilm. They might allow it to be published as N-level canon, maybe.)
Hmmmm. Just copied it again onto this PC, and now it's only 838 pages long. But enough grammar errors to overload the grammar checker so that it couldn't display all of them at once. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Comosicus wrote:Not to mention the fact that it would have to deal with Paramount regarding StarTrek franchise too.

[pride speech]
Guys, look how lucky we are. Here we are the ones able to read this magnificent fanfic. Well done, Stravo. We are proud of you!
[/proud speec]

:mrgreen:
Well, that wouldn't be so much of an insurmountable problem, since they don't consider novels canon anyway, and this takes place after all the Star Trek movies and such so far except Nemesis. It's Lucas who wouldn't want his movie timeline screwed with.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Maybe the story can be presented as an alternate timeline. It would not become canon, but maybe it could get GL approval.
Darth Garden Gnome

Comosicus wrote:Maybe the story can be presented as an alternate timeline. It would not become canon, but maybe it could get GL approval.
No. LucasFilm will never, ever, ever accept and publish fan fiction.

EDIT: And I very much doubt Paramount would either.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Comosicus wrote:Maybe the story can be presented as an alternate timeline. It would not become canon, but maybe it could get GL approval.

Too bad then for the others. We will be the only ones to enjoy this masterpiece.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:

How do they differentiate between fan fiction and KJA? I mean, this is better than his shit... What does one have to do to get them to allow you to publish SW books?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Darth Garden Gnome

Rogue 9 wrote:How do they differentiate between fan fiction and KJA? I mean, this is better than his shit... What does one have to do to get them to allow you to publish SW books?
I've read this in SWI. You have to be an already established author of science fiction. Even if said author knows nothing about Star Wars and couldn't get the characters right if his life depended on it, he has more of a chance than a fan fiction writer, who has no chance at all according to LucasFilm policy.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Actualy for the record I do recall several ST books of published fanfics. Genearly short stories, but there is precedent. Of course I don't know about the politics of getting published.
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Actualy for the record I do recall several ST books of published fanfics. Genearly short stories, but there is precedent. Of course I don't know about the politics of getting published.
Gah! You bugger! Don't post unless Stravo has another chapter up! Some of us got our hopes up!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Mutant Headcrab wrote:
Chris OFarrell wrote:Actualy for the record I do recall several ST books of published fanfics. Genearly short stories, but there is precedent. Of course I don't know about the politics of getting published.
Gah! You bugger! Don't post unless Stravo has another chapter up! Some of us got our hopes up!
SOme of us just check the cleaned version.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Mutant Headcrab wrote:
Indeed.

And now I've gotten his hopes up again. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:
Mutant Headcrab wrote: Gah! You bugger! Don't post unless Stravo has another chapter up! Some of us got our hopes up!
Indeed.

And now I've gotten his hopes up again. :twisted:
Alright cut that shit out.

FUCK, now I've gotten people's hopes up. Jeez. :x
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2