Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Kickass, Spoofe. Yay for digitalizing.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

ImageImage

I could resist touching that up a little bit. :oops: kill me if you like.

That's odd. I don't remember resizing it. Ugh. Tired.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Well, there was the Adonis thread where all us guys took off their shirts and posed without them... of course, none of the pictures were nearly as high quality photography as your pictures.
Speaking of which, what are the results of the last two polls?
Later...
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

bohemianfey wrote:Sketerpot! That's awesome. Try it with an invariation, nagative and then solarize. Demon Dei.
Thanks! :oops:

I couldn't solarize it because I have the Gimp rather than Photoshop, but I did have some fun playing around with the color map:

And jmac, I took another crack at touching up your photo. Behold your dazzling beauty:

I despeckled everything except your face (which I wanted to keep sharp), and tuned down the redness.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

That's a great photo, Stormie. On minor technical notes, if you were going to do it over again, I'd make a smidge more negative space on the left side and raise your head a bit more, to get implied symmetry in your shot. Plus, adjust your f-stop a bit so you get a little less exposure. This is to pick up the red in your hair and the blue in your eyes more, and it won't effect the white alabaster of your skin tone in the shot, because it's got a bit less color. It's excellent though.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Gil Hamilton wrote:That's a great photo, Stormie. On minor technical notes, if you were going to do it over again, I'd make a smidge more negative space on the left side and raise your head a bit more, to get implied symmetry in your shot. Plus, adjust your f-stop a bit so you get a little less exposure. This is to pick up the red in your hair and the blue in your eyes more, and it won't effect the white alabaster of your skin tone in the shot, because it's got a bit less color. It's excellent though.
Sally Walden wrote:The Fish is talking!
Cat In the Hat wrote:Yes, but is he saying anything?
I got none of that. English please.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

I did the photoediting on the original from that, I was considering using a double layer and keep the original eye-colour, but dashed the idea when it was finished. The original he sent me was rather orange tinted so I added a bit of desaturization, changed the hue, brightened it, added contrast, sharpened and viola. I was going for a rather monochromed look, slightly translucent with a hint of almost a robotic or droid like sense.

This house is driving me insane, this computer doesn't have my Photoshop 8 so I'm using some crappy, half-rate, faker program. It doesn't even despeckle.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:I got none of that. English please.
Translation: if you have that shot taken again, make the empty space to the left of your mug a small bit wider and lift your head to balance the photo. Then fiddle with the f-stop (the ring one your camera that controls how much light enters a shot) to make the over-exposure of the shot slightly less extreme, which makes the color of your hair and eyes stand out more in relation to your pale ass skin.

Got it? :D
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

I don't think I can play with teh f-stop. But I can try on the others.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Couple more:

I was tempted to crop the images a skosh, but I think the current picture balances are very natural as-is.
The Great and Malignant
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Tres bien. The second is by far better than the first. It has character, good compositon, the lighting suits and it's well shot. The first is lacking depth. The angle could be better for a flat surface.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Meh, why not. This is a pic of myself I took a while ago. It was a blind shot from the side with a digital camera. With the way I cropped it though I don't think there's enough leadroom.

To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Hmm it has potential, but there are a few things glaring at me. I the lighting. Use the light to your advantage and let it add perspective to your picture. You need more negative space. The picture is too busy. Over all I like.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I'd show you a picture of myself, but then I'd have to kill you, as always. Anyways, some members with paticularly good memories will remember a nice artsy farsty photo I (or my sister, take your pick) took of myself a while back. If I remember correctly (I'm sure I do), I received every female posters phone numbers shorty thereafter. Coincidence?
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

I think not! You should repost it and bring back the manheat.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

bohemianfey wrote:I think not! You should repost it and bring back the manheat.
[size=0]Pssssssst... He's lying like the gnome he is on the phone numbers part.[/size] :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Garden Gnome

Rogue 9 wrote:Pssssssst... He's lying like the gnome he is on the phone numbers part. :P
EXPOSED! *dun dun dun*

*flees to the hills with his self-proclaimed hotness*
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I don't suppose anyone will believe me if I said I look just like my avatar...
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Darth Garden Gnome

Gah, I did a search for it, found the thread, but the picture no longer exists on website X, and certaintly no longer exists on this computer. Sad really; maybe someday you'll be able to witness the Mike Iannazzo Experience In 3D[size=0]*[/size], but today is not that day.

[size=0]Not actually in 3D[/size]
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Gah, I did a search for it, found the thread, but the picture no longer exists on website X, and certaintly no longer exists on this computer. Sad really; maybe someday you'll be able to witness the Mike Iannazzo Experience In 3D[size=0]*[/size], but today is not that day.

Stop torturing me. The pain is more than I can bare.

(the second one is horrible, I know, but I can't fix it with this piece of shit software)
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

BOO!

A picture of me from last Halloween I was fucking around with.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

You win the aphrodite contest, end of story ;).

That said, you are a great photographer and a nice image editor.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Ace Pace wrote:You win the aphrodite contest, end of story ;).
You'd be surprised what you can do with a good camera, the right setup, and a good editing program. I've seen professional portraits of people that, compared to how they actually look, are nothing short of virtual plastic surgery.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

bohemianfey wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:

Stop torturing me. The pain is more than I can bare.
Intentional misspelling? :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician