Political Toons

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Political Toons

Post by Tsyroc »

Charles Atlas Spoof (aka girley-man)

Heres a link to the above cartoon withough the misprint: http://www.ucomics.com/tomthedancingbug/2004/07/31/

Last edited by Tsyroc on 2004-08-26 06:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Belongs in A&P. *places gently on the A&P shelf*
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Personally I would have prefered to put them in the N&P thread but apparently the fact that they are artwork trumps anything else they might have to say, which was why I stuck them in Off Topic because I get the impression that fewer people look through all of the threads in A&P than N&P or Off Topic.

Oh well.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/td/2004/td040807.gif
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

If you originally wanted it in N&P, why didn't you post it there in the first place? It could probably go there just as easily as A&P. OT is supposed to be more for the stuff that doesn't really fall into any other categories, which is why I moved it to one of the two other places I thought it belonged. If you really want it in N&P, PM Beowulf about it and ask him to move it there for you.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to N&P.

If one of the N&P believe it's thwe wrong area...away it'll go.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Zaia wrote:If you originally wanted it in N&P, why didn't you post it there in the first place? It could probably go there just as easily as A&P. OT is supposed to be more for the stuff that doesn't really fall into any other categories, which is why I moved it to one of the two other places I thought it belonged. If you really want it in N&P, PM Beowulf about it and ask him to move it there for you.
I didn't post it there because the last time I put political cartoons in N&P it got moved here as well, even though in the past we'd had threads with political cartoons in N&P.

I was basically trying to split the difference between N&P and A&P by putting it in OT since in a way it kind of fits in both. I think because of what they are saying political cartoons have slightly more reason to be in N&P than in A&P but then we do have a lot of lot of pictures that people post in the funny picture thread that take shots at political figures as well.

It's kind of a no win situation I guess so here's as good as any place.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Okay, I didn't set out to stir things up and see if I could get a thread moved to the most areas of the board so wherever it ends up is fine with me.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Ahem... It stays here...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Beowulf wrote:Ahem... It stays here...

With the way this thing is moving you might want to clarify where "here" is. :D
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Aha! I am victolious!

Ok, now maybe you'll get some comments on the cartoon. And sorry for all the chaos, GR & Beowulf.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Zaia wrote:Aha! I am victolious!

Ok, now maybe you'll get some comments on the cartoon. And sorry for all the chaos, GR & Beowulf.
:lol:

It's no prob, Z.

I enjoy oppres....utlizing my vast powers :P

As for a real post...I love both the design and colors for the Charles Atlas one...literally does remind what you could find in the middle of a comic.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ghost Rider wrote: As for a real post...I love both the design and colors for the Charles Atlas one...literally does remind what you could find in the middle of a comic.
It'll be interesting to see how many people have even seen the old Charles Atlas advertisements to even compare it to.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.