Lizard?

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Newt
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

That's a skink.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Darth Mall
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Mall »

Thats a five lined skink, I saw one of them when I was in Virgina camping and saw a picture in a book later

Click Me!
Thats a page about them that I found on google and you can see clearly what it is
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Not sure if it the five lined skink or the southeastern five line skink
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

the disdinction is academic, they are IirC the same species.

And it is a juvinile as well...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Maybe I am not understanding the terminology but
"Five Line Skink" is Eumeces fasciatus and
"Southeastern Five Line Skink" is Eumeces inexpectatus,
idfferent actual species but same Genus
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Kitsune wrote:Maybe I am not understanding the terminology but
"Five Line Skink" is Eumeces fasciatus and
"Southeastern Five Line Skink" is Eumeces inexpectatus,
idfferent actual species but same Genus
Ah I was wrong. meh, I dont know non-varanid lizards that well though...

You would probably haveto catch him and find out :D
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: Ah I was wrong. meh, I dont know non-varanid lizards that well though...
You would probably haveto catch him and find out :D
I think I will leave him alone and let him catch bugs...probably terrorised him enough taking the pictures :(
Thomas Paine

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It's a Skink.

A right pretty one, too.... looks like he's managed not to lose his tail to a predator yet, either. When the tail breaks off, it grows back, but there's a scar on the end of them, making the point blunt and lumpy.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet