That Aphrodite Contest-o-Rama!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

That Aphrodite Contest-o-Rama!

Post by Gil Hamilton »

OK! Without further delay, in conjunction with Zaia Inc. (a subsidary of Zaia Industries International), I am proud to announce the start of the first ever all-female Aphrodite Headshot Contest!

This contest is for photographic portraits our female posters. Contestants may put as much effort or time into this as they want, but that is not necessary to the competition.

Here are the rules:
(1) This is for headshots. Contestants may have as much or as little of the rest of their bodies as they want, but all contestants entries must have their faces clearly visible and be the central focus of the entry.
(2) All entries must be at minimum no less than 240 x 320 pixels in size, and not larger than 720 x 960 (for our 56kers). Try to aim in the middle. If you need help editting your photos to meet the size constrants, PM a link to the photo online or e-mail it to me at gilhamilton@sluggy.net and I'll resize it.
(3) This contest is all female, so no male entries will be accepted.
(4) There will be a limit of no more than two entries per contestant.

That's it! After all entries that we expect to get are in, I'll announce the closing of the contest a week in advance. Then a seperate thread will be made for voting purposes. Good luck contestants!

A notice to people posting in this thread other than contestants, please be respectful and not spam this thread. Compliments will be welcome, but don't start any discussions here. Use the seperate thread that we've already got for that. Furthermore, any disrespectful comments toward any of the contestants will not be tolerated.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Just Head Shots, huh?

I'm deep in the middle of unpacking right now, and haven't had a chance to recharge my camera and take some pics for this, so this, as the best recent photo, will have to do...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.wn5/debi/Debi1.jpg

ed: am removing the picture from the competition for not being recent enough...
Last edited by InnerBrat on 2004-09-02 04:30am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

InnerBrat wrote:Just Head Shots, huh?
Er, no.
Gil Hamilton wrote:This is for headshots. Contestants may have as much or as little of the rest of their bodies as they want, but all contestants entries must have their faces clearly visible and be the central focus of the entry.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

RogueIce wrote:
Er, no.
Gil Hamilton wrote:This is for headshots. Contestants may have as much or as little of the rest of their bodies as they want, but all contestants entries must have their faces clearly visible and be the central focus of the entry.
Give her credit, killer. You see any other pics in the thread? Besides, as damn cute as Brat is, you should be more than satisfied with what she gave.

[/end sucking up to brat mode]
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I think I'll go with this picture for the soft-focus effect.

This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I'm deep in the middle of unpacking right now, and haven't had a chance to recharge my camera and take some pics for this, so this, as the best recent photo, will have to do...
<snip>

You got a little something on your nose, IB.....

:wink:
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

I'll post that for now, because it's my favourite. There'll be another in a couple days when I can upload again.
Last edited by bohemianfey on 2004-08-28 03:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Sorry, jmac, but your entry doesn't comply with the rules of the contest, namely:
(1) This is for headshots. Contestants may have as much or as little of the rest of their bodies as they want, but all contestants entries must have their faces clearly visible and be the central focus of the entry.
I'm sorry but as host of the contest, I'm going to have to disqualify it. That is not a headshot nor is your face the central focus of the image (it's barely in focus, let only the central focus). Please submit an entry that meets all the rules of the contest.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Hey, Aerius-n nice shootin' :D

Jmac, you're pretty!

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

jmac wrote:I think I'll go with this picture for the soft-focus effect.
It's my personal opinion that you're the cutest so far JMAC. :)
IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

Post by IndustrialNoise »

I suppose I'll use this one, assuming I can't get ahold of a camera soon.
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Fighter of Foo wrote:I suppose I'll use this one, assuming I can't get ahold of a camera soon.
You kinda look like avril, don't take that the wrong way?
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Laird wrote:
You kinda look like avril, don't take that the wrong way?
Quote the 3rd What do you look like thread:
She hates it when you compare her to Avril Lavine.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Re: That Aphrodite Contest-o-Rama!

Post by bohemianfey »

Gil Hamilton wrote:A notice to people posting in this thread other than contestants, please be respectful and not spam this thread. Compliments will be welcome, but don't start any discussions here. Use the seperate thread that we've already got for that. Furthermore, any disrespectful comments toward any of the contestants will not be tolerated.
Enforcement of rules is my department. -- Beowulf
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Sorry, jmac, but your entry doesn't comply with the rules of the contest,
Oh pooh, this contest is as rigged as Olympic figure skating or gymnastics! :P
I'm sorry but as host of the contest, I'm going to have to disqualify it. That is not a headshot nor is your face the central focus of the image (it's barely in focus, let only the central focus). Please submit an entry that meets all the rules of the contest.
Ok, so my face isn't the highlight of the photo but c'mon, it's nicely centered and it's got a nice soft-focus effect. But if you wish I'll see what I can dig up... :wink:
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

I hate pictures, it's kinda old, those that frequented the SDnet chat have probably seen that picture. My face is all funky.. wait, it's always funky. I hate pictures. I don't paint my nails either, that was a pac-dot for nerd day at school, my thumb had a pac-man and my pinky had a ghost. Did i mention i hate pictures?

Here's a better picture:

"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

hey, you're not so bad-lookin', sparky... sure, a little nerdy, but here, that doesn't matter! :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

SHHHH! Ladies, post your pictures! **whistles nonchalantly**
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Most pictures of me are from a distance thus I have few decent headshots and my BF is a horrible portrait photographer so this one will have to do.

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Gil, the ladies are posting.

Just post a Link to the appropriate area.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

*mumble* Yessir...

Anyway, further discussion about the Aphrodite contest goes here. Please guys, in the future, use it. I'd like to keep this area relatively uncluttered, eh?

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Anymore spam will result in me mercilessly deleting anything that remotely resembles spam. First, last, and only warning.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Beowulf wrote:Anymore spam will result in me mercilessly deleting anything that remotely resembles spam. First, last, and only warning.
Just split and move.

Seriously, we had the same thing with the intial bout of the Adonis bit.

Also barring the box bit...most of it just admiration.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

Byebye picture :p

one picture for now, maybe another later.
Last edited by Namarie on 2004-09-17 01:24am, edited 1 time in total.
Yay.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Wow. :D