When was the last time you watched TPM?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Admiral_Handsome wrote:I can see what your saying but I disagree. In TPM Obi had just witnessed Qui gon getting his ass kicked. It was clear that if he didn't defend himself, then he would end up like Qui gon...dead! So he had no choice but to kill Maul.
I have no problem with him having to kill Maul but a true Jedi would have kept his cool. Watch Qui Gon. Maul was going to attack no matter what. Obi Wan should have killed him defending himself from the attack, not attacking. But in looking at it, I can agree with Tryroc's assessment. He did settle down while dangling.
By the way, let me point out that Darth Vader WAS a Jedi and he DID fight the Emperor and killed him. Are you seriously saying Vader should have stood by like a pacafist and done nothing? Look at the good he did. He killed the Emperor and this strengthened the Rebel alliance and he also redeemed himself in the eyes of the other Jedi.
Vader killed the Emperor defending his son from torture and death. That is the act of a Jedi.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

It has been almost a year since I saw TPM. A good film, not great, but
good, it had the bad luck to be first to follow the OT, and if you ask me,
any story for EP1 was going to get dumped on, following the OT....how
do you top that?
Simply put, you really can't but I still like the prequels as well.
Grand Admiral Mango
Youngling

Post by Grand Admiral Mango »

The last time I watched TPM was probably about six months ago when I watched it on TV. I haven't watched it on DVD in ages.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Lord Pounder wrote:Christmas isn't christmas without a star wars movie. Just like new years day is a mandatory James Bond movie day. Tis tradition ye uncouth heathen
Ahem! i have to disagree with you!, its always mary poppins or Oliver Twist usally!

and besides, i never actully said i didnt enjoy it being on :wink:
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

:shock: :shock: WHOA!!! :shock: :shock:

I just watched my TPM VHS (can't find the god damned DVD at any video stores) and decided to watch all the credits roll and hear the score, and I took note of something I never noticed: When "Anakin's Theme" comes to its end and plays a dark passage reminiscent of the Imperial March, you hear the Darth Vader breathing sound-effect twice, and then silence. I had never known that they added that in; it just makes the whole ending sequence seem so much more dark and foreboding, it gave me the chills. It made me like TPM just a little bit more. :)
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

President Sharky wrote::shock: :shock: WHOA!!! :shock: :shock:

I just watched my TPM VHS (can't find the god damned DVD at any video stores) and decided to watch all the credits roll and hear the score, and I took note of something I never noticed: When "Anakin's Theme" comes to its end and plays a dark passage reminiscent of the Imperial March, you hear the Darth Vader breathing sound-effect twice, and then silence. I had never known that they added that in; it just makes the whole ending sequence seem so much more dark and foreboding, it gave me the chills. It made me like TPM just a little bit more. :)
You never noticed that? I prefer the very end of the credits of AOTC, since it goes from Anakin's theme into Imperial March.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

President Sharky wrote::shock: :shock: WHOA!!! :shock: :shock:

Wow, I thought that was just some made up crap.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

Been half a year since I watched it. Despite the cringe moments with some dialogue and such, I think its a decent movie.
"The Cosmos is expanding every second everyday, but their minds are slowly shrinking as they close their eyes and pray." - MC Hawking
"It's like a kids game. A morbid, blood-soaked Tetris game..." - Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I have to say that my favorite part, within the lightsabre duel, that is, is when Darth Maul gets his lightsabre-staff chopped in two- watching him in action with just one was far cooler, IMO. Fucken fast.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Vympel wrote:I have to say that my favorite part, within the lightsabre duel, that is, is when Darth Maul gets his lightsabre-staff chopped in two- watching him in action with just one was far cooler, IMO. Fucken fast.
Just watched it with the commentary, and they mentioned they bent their prop sabres in that scene heh. Can really tell in that one, could see them trying to bust through their guards instead of just tapping sticks on queue.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Vympel wrote:I have to say that my favorite part, within the lightsabre duel, that is, is when Darth Maul gets his lightsabre-staff chopped in two- watching him in action with just one was far cooler, IMO. Fucken fast.
I agree. It makes me wish he would have left one of the ends off when it was down to just him and Obi-Wan. I also would have liked to have seen more of his earlier fight with Qui-Gon

For the sake of drama they could have then had Obi get a lucky shot in that cuts Mauls saber so he flips it over and uses the undamaged previously dormant section.

I think in the end they had to keep him with the double thing otherwise it would have looked like he was holding back.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.